PDA

View Full Version : At last!!!

Lady Verity
August 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Astonishing news!

I just measured my hair...and it's grown an inch!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

This is newsworthy because, since I joined LHC in September 2007, my hair hasn't grown at all. I just decided to measure it on a whim and was gobsmacked to discover such an advancement.

I swear this is because I've started oiling my hair and leaving in a braid all night, every night. Oh, olive oil, how I love thee!

JOY!!! :disco:

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Congratulations! I've thought about braiding at night but I'm usually too lazy. I think I'll have to give it a try now! Keep us posted on your progress.:)

Lady Verity
August 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Yes, I was always too lazy to bother. For the last few weeks, I've been coating the length in olive oil, then braiding it. The oil gets soaked up, so it doesn't leave gloop on the pillows, and in the morning I wash it out. It's worth a try!

Curlsgirl
August 12th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Way to GROW!!! :cheese:

30isthenewblack
August 12th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Good work! I'm not of those people who can just take hair growth for granted each month & watch the clock tick over. I was just pleased that my hair actually grew! It's amazing how things like oils can make a difference. My major thing was stopping combing my hair when wet. I also think putting oiling my hair & keeping it back will be two of the key factors to growth. This is the start of bigger and better things! Look forward to seeing your progress & good for you in perservering. It is really paying off!

paper
August 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Thats good news! :cheese: Congrats!

Amara
August 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
WOOT! Congratulations! Good for you for having patience.

bunnii
August 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Astonishing news!

I just measured my hair...and it's grown an inch!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

This is newsworthy because, since I joined LHC in September 2007, my hair hasn't grown at all. I just decided to measure it on a whim and was gobsmacked to discover such an advancement.

I swear this is because I've started oiling my hair and leaving in a braid all night, every night. Oh, olive oil, how I love thee!

JOY!!! :disco:

WOOP WOOP!!! congratulations :D:D Olive oil has saved my hair loads - hurrah!! :cheese:

xrosiex
August 12th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wow that great!!!! Glad to hear about your progress.:cheese:

Lady Verity
August 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I think I'm going to plant an olive tree in honour of my newfound inch. And...to replenish the depleted olive harvests caused by my incessant hair-fussing. :/

ChloeDharma
August 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Congratulations! :D

VanillaTresses
August 12th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Wohoo! :D

Xandergrammy
August 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
:joy: What great news!!! I always braid for bed, or else I wouldn't be able to comb in the morning!!

kowlrea
August 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
congratttssss

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Woooo!!!! Congratulations. Maybe you had a lag phase. I had one about your length. Lasted for about a year!