PDA

View Full Version : I almost cut today..

Kittee
August 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM
But I refrained. I'm so sick of updo's all the time.

So instead I went and bought some hair toys lol.

But still I'm aggravated. My hair type is so unruly.

Elainehali
August 12th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Have you tried some half updos? Sometimes I like those for a change.

EvaSimone
August 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Well I am glad that you didn't cut your hair impulsively!

It's also good that you bought yourself some hair toys. Do you have a lot of humidity where you live?? At least once a day when it's humid I think about chopping my hair off to a buzz cut. :)

Honestly even if your hair was shorter would it be any more manageable?? At least now you can throw it up into a nice bun or whatever when it gets unruly..

Anyways I am glad that you didn't chop and I hope that you start to feel better about your hair. :flower:

spidermom
August 12th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I know the feeling. Last night I was lamenting having to "do something" with my hair before bed. I remember fondly the good old days of just falling into bed without my hair trying to smother me.

Periwinkle
August 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I know the feeling. Last night I was lamenting having to "do something" with my hair before bed. I remember fondly the good old days of just falling into bed without my hair trying to smother me.

That made me laugh...I can just imagine you lying down on a bed and suddenly all your hair gathering up and lying itself over your face and wrapping itself around your neck :D

Shanarana
August 12th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I've gone through those feeling myself from time to time and know how you feel. I see many girls at work sporting new shorter dos that look so nice on them, but I know I don't look good in short hair so that pretty much ends it for me.

When I have a good hair day I wonder how I would ever dare think to cut it, but I have plenty bad hair days that just get thrown up in some sort of updo and that gets old for me. I love to wear my hair down more, but it just does not cooperate most of the time.

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Your hair is so long and pretty, I'm glad you didn't cut it. I understand how you feel and mine isn't near as long as yours. Sometimes its just so much effort to put it up to go somewhere, but then I think about all of the work it takes to maintain it short (frequent cuts, blow drying and rollers) and I don't feel so bad. Hopefully you'll find a new style that you like.

redtea
August 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I have the same hair type as you and I know how you feel about it being unruly. I'll leave the house thinking my hair looks fairly smoothed out (for my hair anyway) and then the wind blows a little and a tiny bit of humidity hits it and then I look in the mirror and wonder why I bothered thinking I was having a good hair day at all...

I guess those aren't really words of encouragement, but my hair is a lot shorter than yours and I still have problems, so I think we just have to love what we've got. :)

EmpressRi
August 12th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I've actually been setting my hair on foam rods all summer, and the result is a shorter bob-like do that's above my neck. Believe me it's wayyyyy cooler and less work than my hair being out and about. Think about doing something like that!

yogachic
August 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Maybe a tiny trim will make you feel a bit better. Just think, you'd probably regret the cut if you did it.

feralnature
August 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Those short haircuts get boring and common. Then what would you do? Want your old hair back! Don't do it impulsively! Don't ask me how I know.

thankyousir74
August 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I know what you mean about unruliness (same hair type lol) But you oil, yes? I've found that helps a lot. And buying hair toys makes me feel better too, and my hair isn't even that long yet. I'm glad you didn't impulsively cut, it's a good decision that you made. <3

dukkelisa
August 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I don't think I will ever be able to go back to short hair. Bed-head. Blowdrying. Curling irons. Styling products. No, it was not easier...it was more work and more expensive to keep looking good. I love throwing my hair into a bun in minutes and being done with it. And there is nothing like freshly washed hair to play with!

Xandergrammy
August 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm so glad you didn't cut! My hair is very unruly too, but I've just accepted it for what it is. :gabigrin:

tomm
August 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM
You have such beautiful curls, Kittee. I hope that you can find a way to enjoy your length.

jojo
August 13th, 2008, 03:10 AM
As a former compulsive scissor addict, I totally understand this feeling. Nowadays I give my hair a deep conditioner or look back to how bad I felt with short hair. This helps me.

Solange
August 13th, 2008, 05:10 AM
If it takes hair toys to keep you happy, get hair toys! And do remember that "unruly" or "wild" hair have their own kind of charm. :O)

LadyLongLocks
August 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Glad you refrained! How about a french braid where the hair is contained but still down somewhat. Maybe a multi band pony where the bands hold the hair in place the full length.

CurlyNinja
August 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I get this way too. I look at these cute short styles on girls I see walking around and feel like cutting back.

What usually makes me feel better is looking back at old pictures when my hair was shorter and thinking about how much time and how difficult it was for me to grow my hair this long. Do I really want to throw that away impulsively? No. And then I settle down.

...oh, and buy hair stuff. :)

Kittee
August 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hey all, thanks for the support. =) I'm sure it was just pms talking. Plus I had a really rough day a the hospital yesterday. hehe