PDA

View Full Version : My old Green hair.

EvilPigeon
March 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
If I may confess, I had green hair last year. :o

This green hair was acheived through using vampire red Manic panic over natural blond hair...letting it fade to orange,then applying after midnight blue. It was a little more blue-ish in real life...and was very pretty while it lasted. I just thought I'd share a picture with everyone ;)

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/MaryJanepeace/Random/?action=view&current=leavemebe.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/MaryJanepeace/Random/leavemebe.png

Gumball
March 16th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I must admit that's an awesome shade of green you sported. Good method for getting it, too! It looked great.

Neon Gloss
March 16th, 2008, 07:29 PM
That was cute! Reminds me of my purple hair. ah how I miss it.

akurah
March 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I see no picture.

sweetkandi
March 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
aww I wanted to see. Please repost. :)

Gumball
March 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM
This was posted again with the picture under the same title here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1025). :)

MadHatter
March 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
That looks cool!

Flying Betty
March 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Awesome! Kind of makes me wish that I wasn't so scared of dyeing my hair. (Or especially that I wasn't when I didn't have a real job)

Ash
March 17th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Nice! I could never find a decent shade of green, but that one is awesome.

GlassEyes
March 17th, 2008, 03:13 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/SD530014.jpg

Similar?

I've had some CRAAAAZY hair. xD I hated that dye job though; looked shitty.

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2008, 03:18 AM
What colour are you using now?

zift
March 17th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Oh Wow EvilPigeon and GlassEyes, both of your hair looks so cool! I always wanted to have green hair too,think that would suit with my eyes but never dared to actually do it. Maybe one day...:D

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evilpigeon AND GlassEyes, you both look GREAT with green hair! (I never thought I'd actually say that to any human being!) :thumbsup:

AutumnLeaves
March 17th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Ok...loving the green hair...but then it is my favorite color!

Silver & Gold
March 17th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I've never been adventurous enough to color my hair a color that you wouldn't find in nature as far as hair goes. This kind of thing didn't really come into vogue until I was too old to try it. But I have to say I get a kick out of seeing it on people brave enough to sport it. I have to say the color looked nice on you. And it does make a bold statement to wear blue/green hair.

EvilPigeon
March 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It was alot of fun to have green hair. I miss it sometimes. Glasseyes,you had some awesome hair!!! What made you decide to dye it a natural color? Hypnotica, I am currently using Special Effects "Blood Red", but I'm switching to henna.

Lasiren
March 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Gorgeous! I always wondered what shade you used to get that beautiful color

EvilPigeon
March 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Gorgeous! I always wondered what shade you used to get that beautiful color

Thank you :)

By the way, I LOVE your sig. quote. David Bowie is amazing!!!! :inlove:

Gwaihiril
March 17th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Awesome! I currently have Special Effects Deep Purple on the tips (read: 6-8 inches) of my hair. It's quite amusing - when I first put it on, it was so dark that it looked black if it wasn't in direct light, so people at school would take second and third looks before asking "is there something different about your hair today?" This is the first time I've used Special Effects and only the third time I've dyed the tips of my hair (I did previously at summer camp), but I love it. I thought about Blood Red before choosing purple - is that the color in your avatar?

j4zzin
March 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM
All this talk of bold-colored dye is making me miss my old turquoise/hot pink stripes. Unfortunately, I have such dark hair that I had to bleach it to get the color to show up. That's the one thing I miss about having short hair. You can do whatever you want to it, and you don't even need to so much as comb it!

Islandgrrl
March 17th, 2008, 03:59 PM
God, what a fabulous green!!!

Darscilla
March 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Very, very cool :rockerdud: I'm desperate for some purple streaks, but I can't bleach out my permanent black dye enough without my hair breaking off (I've tried). I've got some fake clip-in purple streaks instead, but its not quite the same.

GlassEyes
March 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It was alot of fun to have green hair. I miss it sometimes. Glasseyes,you had some awesome hair!!! What made you decide to dye it a natural color? Hypnotica, I am currently using Special Effects "Blood Red", but I'm switching to henna.

Frying it repeatedly with bleach. xD

I still want to go back slightly, but I'm holding off. It might be that when I reach my goal length I'll sacrifice some length for my original highlights back. I'll dig up a picture eventually.

vdhendrix
October 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
i think it looks awsome i used to love manic panic back when i had my hair blonde, but i never used green, only the pink and red shades and one time the aftermidnight blue

ericthegreat
October 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
That is very cool green shade EvilPigeon. I would love to have seen the other hair colors you've done as well!

Gypsy
October 28th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I love colorful hair!

RancheroTheBee
October 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Wow, that's actually a beautiful shade of green. Normally, green doesn't turn out too well (as I can attest to) , but the shade you got is really earthy and flattering.

Ryanne
October 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
That shade is awesome. Very cool!

shadowclaw
October 28th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Green!!! :D I love unnatural hair colors. It really did look beautiful. Back in high school, I had blue streaks for a while, and I did the very front three inches or so blue for a bit before that, too. I got grounded for that :) It was only temporary dye, so it washed out quickly.

Oh, and about two years ago I did blue and red streaks at the same time. It looked cool in pigtails.

Zindell
October 29th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Very cool Evilpigeon and GlassEyes. I totally love green hair! :D

Radulfr
October 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I like your cool green hair too! :thumbsup:

Leena7
October 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
It reminds me of Sailor Pluto, thus I love it!

spidermom
October 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Outstanding! Now I want green hair, too.

LoversLullaby
October 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
The green actually looks really good on you (both of you that is)!
I never thought I'd actually say that to someone.

RancheroTheBee
October 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
o_O' I just realized this thread was started back in March... 2008.

CestMadeleine
October 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I must admit my pink hair was a lot of fun! But I don't think I can deal with that damage again. I'm still trying to get rid of it.

redneckprincess
October 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/SD530014.jpg

Similar?

I've had some CRAAAAZY hair. xD I hated that dye job though; looked ****ty.

love the color as well as the OP...I plan to do a little coloring (maybe an aqua/teal) as soon as Im done with my play here in a couple weeks...but wait...i am wearing a wig that covers my hair..hmmmm

Unofficial_Rose
October 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Both Evilpigeon and Glasseyes green hair looks really good, in different ways (because different shades, of course). Kind of an advantage of using bleach, that you can have glorious colours. Edit: oh, I see EP is a natural blonde - you are lucky!

Now my lilac streaks have faded I am awfully tempted by Manic Panic's Atomic Turquoise.

JamieLeigh
October 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Looks awesome! :rockerdud I miss not being so skittish about my hair - I used to do all kinds of stuff to it, dye, crimp...*sigh* :(

AnaGeorgette
October 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Ok I admit

I did accidently daye my man's hair green XD

It was NOT on purpose!!!!!!

didn't matter though, my hair was bright red at the time so we sort of matched...

here's a pic of us together:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v204/251/119/628387265/n628387265_400935_166.jpg

Little_Bird
October 31st, 2009, 04:54 AM
Hey, Evil Pigeon! (nice nickname!).

There is also a girl with green hair in my university, but hers is like lettuce green. I LOVE the shade you were able to achieve on your hair, it looks very soft and beautyfull... if green could be a natural hair colous, it would look pretty much the colour you attained I guess... :)

Still, our natural colour is another thing right? ;)

Elphie
October 31st, 2009, 08:00 AM
That is a stunning green, evilpigeon! One of my good friends in HS sported green hair for the entire 4 years, your photo reminded me a bit of her.

Speckla
October 31st, 2009, 10:01 AM
I love the look. I'd love to have a funky color but my hair is too dark and too afraid of bleach. ;)

merseaone
October 31st, 2009, 10:20 AM
I love the look. I'd love to have a funky color but my hair is too dark and too afraid of bleach. ;)
I have a friend who is Italian and has pitch black hair and she put some kind of maroon color on it that only showed up when the light hit it just right. It was so cool! I couldn't get away with something like that because i was blonde back then.

suicides_eve
November 1st, 2009, 07:19 PM
wow i just realized this thread is over a year old