PDA

View Full Version : At what length do shorter layers blend in?

Amara
August 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I was growing my bangs out for a while - they were pretty thick and I was tired of them. They are a bit past chin length now. I cut some thinner bangs in and LOVE them, and I'm going to keep growing the rest. So, I have this chunk of hair that's between chin and shoulder. When will it blend in with the rest of my hair!? Right now it's like, the bulk is waist (I have a blunt hemline), then CHUNK at chin. It's odd looking when it's down. I usually end up tucking the front behind my ears and then it's invisible. Luckily the CHUNK is long enough to go into most updos without falling out. I'm thinking when it's APL ish I'll be able to cut some layers into just the front 1/4 of my hair to blend it all together... maybe? And make my hemline a soft u? So that way as it continues to grow it won't be A CHUNK anymore. :D Is the APL goal too soon? I know I can't do it yet since it's all at chin length, too short blend in without cutting some serious layers, which I really don't want to do.

Islandgrrl
August 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I had the same problem when I decided to grow out the majority of my bangs. The rest of my hair was at about classic. I stopped noticing the short chunk when it was about waist-ish. I guess that was when it was heavy enough to stick with the rest of hair? (WAG there, really, sorry)

Oops...I somehow posted without being ready...sorry.

I would just live with it and leave it alone as long as you can stand it.

lady G
August 14th, 2008, 01:13 AM
:rolleyes:I have a chin lenght bob and am growing my bangs out aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh it is a pain if I don't have it clipped to the side it liooks like a chunk I don't think it will blend in till its down to the same length as the rest of the hair :rolleyes:

Shanarana
August 14th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Probably not much you can do but wait it out which is the hardest. Keep doing what your doing and before you know it, it won't be so noticeable to you.