PDA

View Full Version : The Shame Files

tiny_teesha
August 12th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Ok, now by the time we have hung around here for a month we get to know what is "good" and "bad". Let's say we develop a hair conscience!

Now today i tied my hair into a french braid and secured it with an elastic band (the orthodontic ones) and usually they work great, but i must have tied it too far up to just slip it down, so it ended up tangled in my hair....

I was in the middle of watching "pretty in pink" (OLD 80s movie- i'm really into the 80s movies at the moment!) and i couldn't be bothered going in my room to get scissors so i look at the closest sharp object....

GUESS what i see....go on guess. You will never guess....

A UTILITY KNIFE! (AKA stanley knife- but it wasn't stanley brand)

And i sawed away at it until it was free! It wasn't particularily sharp. I know it was wrong but at the time i was in a trance and i didn't care, immediately after i cringed and thought :

"WHAT WAS I THINKING? I KNOW, I WASN'T!!!"

Have any of you guys done something equally as stupid and shameful as i? Something creatively shameful- not like blowfrying, something aweful like what i just did? I'd love to hear :) that way i won't feel as idiotic. And afterward did you feel guilt like i am? lol

AutumnLeaves
August 12th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Oh I most certainly have! Let's see...thre years ago I shaved my head down to 1/4 inch of hair or so with the idea of growing out virgin hair. Like an idiot, I let a friend's negative comment goad me into dying again. As usual it was a pain to keep up as you could see roots within a week. Finally, last year in September I again bit the bullet and had my hair cut down to the root line of the dye (I'd been letting it grow out so I didn't have to shave my head again). I've lost a couple of good growing years all told. Sigh...hindsight...

tiny_teesha
August 12th, 2008, 06:29 AM
awwww, what a shame you had to chop twice :(, at least it is now all virgin hair and healthy! :)

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm a hairdresser and I know better than to perm over bleached hair, but I did it anyway. It was a mess and I hated it. So I straightened it and made it even worse. I still have some of that damage on the bottom 12" of my hair which I'm slowly trimming off. I win the ribbon, don't I?

Islandgrrl
August 12th, 2008, 07:43 AM
My shameful hair past....reasonably distant, but still fresh in my memory....

I was 19 years old. I had hip length virgin hair. Which I wanted to have highlighted. The downward spiral starts here. I went to a salon and had my hair highlighted - it was supposed to be beautiful strawberry blonde highlights. Yeah, they turned out almost crayon yellow. I didn't trust the stylist to fix it so I went to a different place, where they guy was supposed to be a color wizard, and he said he could fix it, no problem. He put dye all over my head, not just in the highlighted parts. Non-highlighted parts were kind of a muddy auburn. Highlighted parts were......GREEN. And not a nice green, either. Swamp monster green.

I shaved my head.

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Oh, I ended up with green hair in high school too! I was in the 9th grade and bleached it without my mom's permission. She was so mad she went to Wal Mart and bought some box dye which turned it pea green! Next day she took me to a stylist and they had to put a dark auburn on it to cancel out the green. It looked black and was pretty damaged. I haven't thought about that in years. I guess I've always been horrible to my hair.

nastasska
August 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I've done loads of idiotic things to my hair:o

If you want some 80's movie reccommendations I have plenty:cheese:

Pre LHC I went full Blonde 3 or 4 times and had 2 or 3 lots of highlights in the space of a year :O

Tabitha
August 12th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I've had green hair too, back in college over 25 years ago. It was as a result of so-called "black henna" and it turned a rather edgy dark forest green, with reflections like a starling's wing and I got several compliments - it was getting near to Christmas time, and one person assumed I'd done it on purpose as a seasonal statement!

yogachic
August 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Worst thing I did to my hair was 7th or 8th grade, I put hydrogen peroxide in a bottle with water, saturated my hair with it, and blow dried it. Yes it bleached it. I never did that again, after that, so for a year or two I had a horizontal line between bleached and virgin hair.

eccentricquirks
August 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Generally speaking......stepping foot into a salon, for me, is a horrible, no good, very bad thing.......

And then......they made over the counter coloring solutions.......they need to license those....

At least, now, I'm back to virgin and only growing out layers and not color, to boot.

Unofficial_Rose
August 12th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Well, I've just had highlights over Colorfixed henndigo hair.

I thought I'd got all the indigo out, but NO! Quite a few of the highlights went a lovely green, and I now have a bob (again), as I've just had 3 inches cut off.

Then again - there's very little green left after my haircut, and it's now a more flattering colour overall. I felt sorry for the stylist though, I didn't tell her I'd henndigo'd as I suspected she'd turn me away. I did emphasise that it was in no way her fault, and gave her a large tip :o

podo
August 12th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I think AutumnLeaves takes the cake on this one!

Let's see, the dumbest thing I ever did to my hair was allow my mother's friend (who had a cosmetology license but didn't do it for a living) to not only cut, but PERM my virgin hair. It took THREE perms to get it to hold ("break through the hair shaft" she said) and then it deteriorated into a poufy mess.

It's not as bad as some of the other stuff I've seen here - or heard of - but it's about the dumbest thing I've ever done. Of course, I was 12 at the time and couldn't really say "no".

Solange
August 12th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Back when I was 16, my mother convinced me that my hair was too thick/heavy/overwhelming on my slender self (Oh, how I wish I still had hair like that), and that I should have her give me layers instead of my usual straight across trim. Well, she may be able to cut straight across and will trim exactly the length for which I ask, but what she did to my hair that day could best be described as a botched mullet. Fortunately, my hair grew unbelievably fast at that time. Once the highest layers had grown past my shoulders (they were originally halfway up my head), I cut my hair to even things out. It had grown back almost to my hips when I graduated from highschool. In spite of that incident, my mother is still my trusted hairdresser, and the only one who has ever cut or trimmed my hair.

Saranne772
August 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Well, I've nothing too bad to say really.

Well, I went through depression in highschool (Praise God I am okay now) and did not care about looks or have patience. So although I still had and wanted long hair I did not brush it easily. I would FORCE the brush through the hair starting at the top:shudder::scared:. Now I am still suffering from the splits :(

.Amanaka.
August 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I dyed it for a while, but all in all that wasn't that bad.

I used to use sun in, but all that hair is gone now.

I cut elastics out of my hair with trauma shears, does that count?

butterflykisses
August 13th, 2008, 03:13 AM
No specific one incident, although dyeing my hair blonde and then occasionally/someitms regularly using a blowdryer and straightener probably didn't do wonders for my hair.

Although, about a month ago (maybe a little longer?) I decided it was time to trim my bangs. Doing this, I decided my front hair (it's cut shorter in the front) also needed a trim. I guess I was a little eager because I ended up cutting some ofthe hair form behind my ears to the same length as my front *long bangs*. Now, I have this small chuck of hair that is barelylonger than chin right behind my ear. Ah well, it'll grow out and be perfeectly healthy =)

tiny_teesha
August 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
sipnsun - perm, bleach and straightening, wow, your poor hair! I'm glad you've changed your ways! I could imagine the state your hair was in woudl have been quite similar to my bleaching twice and then dyeing another 4 times on top , if not more!
Tabitha - GREEN HAIR! I had orange? Do i come close? hehe
Unofficial_Rose- another greenie....tnch tnch tnch! lol. What is it with us lying to hairdressers just to achieve something which will likely turn out completely wrong! haha
.Amanaka.- the cutting elastics out with trauma shears COUNTS! hehe

tiny_teesha
August 13th, 2008, 04:27 AM
double post

embee
August 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I chopped 8 inches off my pony tail the day before I found (and joined) LHC. Gah. What a mess. I could not wear an updo for months, because my ends stuck out like a paintbrush. Fairytale ends are my friend. :)

That was the worst.

Many many years ago I messed around with peroxide and various temporary colors, but nothing is left of that now. I did have green hair for a while (accidentally) and once a temporary color bled all blue down the back of my shirt (in a rainstorm). I think that was the last time I messed with color!

NurseMama
August 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM
My shameful hair past....reasonably distant, but still fresh in my memory....

I was 19 years old. I had hip length virgin hair. Which I wanted to have highlighted. The downward spiral starts here. I went to a salon and had my hair highlighted - it was supposed to be beautiful strawberry blonde highlights. Yeah, they turned out almost crayon yellow. I didn't trust the stylist to fix it so I went to a different place, where they guy was supposed to be a color wizard, and he said he could fix it, no problem. He put dye all over my head, not just in the highlighted parts. Non-highlighted parts were kind of a muddy auburn. Highlighted parts were......GREEN. And not a nice green, either. Swamp monster green.

I shaved my head.

Oh my goodness! That is awful! I am curious if they made you pay for the salon visits?

Just to make you feel better, my hair went bright orange after bleaching. I mean Bozo colored.

coppercurls
August 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Worst thing I did to my hair was 7th or 8th grade, I put hydrogen peroxide in a bottle with water, saturated my hair with it, and blow dried it. Yes it bleached it. I never did that again, after that, so for a year or two I had a horizontal line between bleached and virgin hair.

Hey me too! I was like in 9th or 10th grade. It was so horrible.:scared:Some time after this event, I decided I should have my hair chemically straightened. Oh, what a lovely haystack I was sporting.

tiny_teesha
August 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM
embee- i dyed my hair shortly before finding LHC- if i knew of henna i would have used henna to fix it and it would be that much more healthy!
I must have missed islandgrrls post! That is aweful!!! They ruined your hair and then you had to shave it, what a pitty! Very brave though!
Yes i think all chemical processes are very damaging indeed, especially when 2 or more processes are used. I think we have all learnt our lessons?! Have we? lol

Hue
August 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Bad idea: Sun-In --> the obvious orange halo

Worse idea: major multi-day cleaning with Lysol and uncontained hair that kept getting in the way of the spray (don't ask, trust me) --> fried out blond ends that felt like fiberglass

Worst idea: Ah. *sigh* Well, I had this aunt. A great-aunt with Liberace and National Enquirer fixations, among other things. And she was taking care of me while I was ill one day, and there was nothing else to read, and ... I was naive and clueless (read: gullible), and ... apparently it isn't really true that you can cut beautiful layers in long hair by twisting it into a rope and cutting it in half lengthwise up the middle. *mortified*

yrrebwartsymssi
August 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
when i was younger i twisted my hair into a THOUSAND little twists... well week 2 came and i didnt like it anymore... so i then started BRUSHING it out... i got to the crown of my head and those dang twists just wouldnt budge!!! so... i picked up some craft scissors and cut the hair in the center of my head about 2 inches away from the scalp... my hair was so uneven... i then went to get my hair pressed with a hot comb every two weeks until it grew back out(which wasn't helpful)

tiny_teesha
August 14th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Hue - haha you take the cake with the lysol one!!!
yrrebwartsymssi - wow...that would be troublesome to get it indeed!

manderly
August 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Worst idea: Ah. *sigh* Well, I had this aunt. A great-aunt with Liberace and National Enquirer fixations, among other things. And she was taking care of me while I was ill one day, and there was nothing else to read, and ... I was naive and clueless (read: gullible), and ... apparently it isn't really true that you can cut beautiful layers in long hair by twisting it into a rope and cutting it in half lengthwise up the middle. *mortified*

:shocked: OMG, what does that even DO!?!!?!?

Ok, spiral perm when I was 11/12 with no direction from hairstylist aunt on how to care for it other than to "pick" it out in the morning. Yeah, right. That thing wouldn't budge when I woke up in the morning. Out came the brush!! I looked like this: :silly:

When I was 18/19 right before starting college I decided I wanted a drastic change since I'd sported the same hair for years and years. I also finally came to terms with the fact that it's just hair and it will grow.

I got a highly angular reverse bob thing (back before it was cool, 10 year ago people, I'm cutting edge! :twisted:). The back of my hair came up to about the tops of my ears and was shaved close in the back and was about chin length in the front.

It was cool, lots of maintenance because I had to straighten my wavy hair to make it look right.

Then I decided I wanted 2 big chunks of bright color on the front sides (parted down the center) that were about 1 wide. Those chunks were bleached to platinum and then colored a fantastic red. Unfortunately that almost immediately washed out into a pumpkin orange, to which I received unfortunate ridicule for hahahahaha.

Shortly thereafter I realized my haircut was a favorite among lesbians and decided to grow it back out. It was fun at the time, and it's fondly remembered as my butch cut.

As for current transgressions, I've been known to use toenail clippers on splits when I couldn't find my scissors fast enough :D

nastasska
August 15th, 2008, 01:51 AM
I remember when I was 15 reading in Dolly that if you wanted Blonde highlights to put lemon juice through your hair then go and sit out in the sun. So I did :lol:
Good old Dolly

tiny_teesha
August 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
manderly - wow your hair has been through a LOT, yes you are very fashion savy, what else did you do 10 years ago-fashion wise? Maybe those things will come in fashion too? Maybe there is a conspiracy and people were taking photos of you, hunting you down and waiting ten years before they put out your fashion ideas?!- i think i'm onto something!

tiny_teesha
August 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM
haha dolly!!!! Yep i remember reading similar things in dolly or girlfriend! :)

manderly
August 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Lets see. For my senior winter ball I Punky Colored (or was in Manic Panic?) my hair BRIGHT BLOOD RED and I had it styled into tight ringlets like the little girl in Interview w/the Vampire. I wore a black rubber dress. Hahahahaha. My group of friends decided to go all goth to that dance. We were seniors, only lived once. My best friend went with blue hair and a vinyl dress.

I'll have to scan photos someday.

Of course for PROM we went all fluffy fairy princess :D I had a big puffy pink dress with maribu along the top. We were weird.

tiny_teesha
August 15th, 2008, 06:28 AM
hahaha, no you were awesome! I dressed up as a butterfly to my year 10 thing, but the "prom" (aka formal) had to be all serious, and almost like a debutant!

jojo
August 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
when I was 16 i wanted blond highlights but could only afford home ones, you know the

ones you use a cap with.

Anyway being the impatient young girl that i was I thought if once id pulled the hair through

the tiny holes (ouch!) and put the bleach on, my hair would go a 'lovely' white blond if i put

the hair dryer on it (hottest setting of course).

So I am sat there looking like an extra from a horror film, with the hair dryer burning my

head, when i see smoke, then more smoke! yikes I thought so quickly turned the hairdryer off.

I could see my hair, yep a lovely brassy blond. so i thought rinse it off with my head over the

bath I turned the shower on and started rinsing. Then *shock horror* as the water and

bleach ran off my head, so did my hair! yikes!!! I was left with inch yellow stubble and BSL

dark blond hair.

Long story short literally! hair cut and off I started again-growing my hair!

tiny_teesha
August 16th, 2008, 07:53 AM
jojo- oh my goodness that is so scarey!!! Yep my at home highlights just singed my hair not chopped it! It would have been worse if it was a whole head application! :) I'm glad you have changed your ways!

Unofficial_Rose
August 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
[quote=manderly;231314]Lets see. For my senior winter ball I Punky Colored (or was in Manic Panic?) my hair BRIGHT BLOOD RED and I had it styled into tight ringlets like the little girl in Interview w/the Vampire. I wore a black rubber dress. Hahahahaha. My group of friends decided to go all goth to that dance. We were seniors, only lived once. My best friend went with blue hair and a vinyl dress.

That sounds like it must've looked really good, to be honest :D

beyondcute
August 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Oy vey what have I NOT done to my hair?

Okay one thing is coming to mind. How about washing your chemically relaxed hair, sitting a straightening comb on the stove and HOT COMBING DRIPPING WET HAIR? My mom could hear it frying from the back of the house. She came and stopped me. I had to be all of 14 or 15.

manderly
August 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
[quote=manderly;231314]Lets see. For my senior winter ball I Punky Colored (or was in Manic Panic?) my hair BRIGHT BLOOD RED and I had it styled into tight ringlets like the little girl in Interview w/the Vampire. I wore a black rubber dress. Hahahahaha. My group of friends decided to go all goth to that dance. We were seniors, only lived once. My best friend went with blue hair and a vinyl dress.

That sounds like it must've looked really good, to be honest :D

It was actually a really pretty color the first few days :)

Patrycja
August 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
The worse thing that I can remember is using a rubber band as a hair band a few times in high school.It hurt like all get out to remove it,I can still hear the snapping :scared:

Kat
August 16th, 2008, 07:25 PM
OMG! And I thought I was bad because I get impatient with tangles! I am very careful never to do anything to my hair that would require shaving my head--I'd look like an effeminate 13-year-old boy for a long time. That wouldn't do much for my image OR my partner's!

Probably two of the worst hair things I can think of--which aren't nearly as bad as all of yours--involved horrendous tangles.

The first was when my stylist washed my hair and put in some sort of leave-in conditioner. It was horribly stiff and dry and tangly...it took me hours to get the tangles out (finger-combing) while I cried and seriously considered just chopping it off.

The second was two Good Fridays ago when I wore a black snood to work. I hadn't worn a snood in a while...came home, took it off, and my hair fell out in one huge mat, which again took a couple hours to detangle. I don't wear snoods anymore! I guess my hair has just gotten too long to be wadded up in there these days, and I can't think of another way to put my hair into it that will be more tidy but won't leave huge empty spaces in the snood that'll look weird.

jojo
August 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
jojo- oh my goodness that is so scarey!!! Yep my at home highlights just singed my hair not chopped it! It would have been worse if it was a whole head application! :) I'm glad you have changed your ways!

It was scarey! I laugh about it now, you have to go through these things (granted maybe not to the point of burning your hair off) to appreciate healthy hair, never, ever will bleach touch my hair again!

akiss4lexie
August 19th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Wow, some of these stories are just painful to read!!

Luckily, I haven't done anything really bad to my hair past about age 10.

Once when I was 4, my mom had trimmed my bangs after my bath, and left the scissors lying around in my room. I was playing in there, and my mom walked back in just in time to see my 9 month old sister holding the scissors up to my head, about to chop off my hair, lol! She ran so fast across the room.. :rolling:

And another time when I was 8 or so, I was getting ice cream with my family. I had been growing my hair out for about a year, so my hair was BSL or so, and I was wearing it down that evening. I begged my parents to get me bubble gum ice cream (which, at the time, was made with actual chunks of bubble gum in it), but my dad kept saying, "No, the pieces of bubble gum will get stuck in your hair." But I insisted, and he finally gave in. We were walking around the mall, and it was really windy, so - guess what? - my hair got blown into my ice cream a bunch of times AND THE CHUNKS OF BUBBLE GUM GOT STUCK IN IT.:o We got home and spent like an hour brushing it out of my hair, and then washing my hair. Inevitably, a few strands had to be cut because the gum was so tangled in them. But luckily, no major damage or drastic cuts resulted. A couple years ago, I noticed that the brand no longer makes their ice cream with gum in it - it's just bubble gum flavored. I wonder how many parents of young girls complained... ;)

tiny_teesha
August 20th, 2008, 01:08 AM
jojo- exactly!!! I had virgin hip length THICK healthy hair (and thigh length as a child) and only missed it and appreciated it after i fried and layered it to APL! *WAH!* Well i learnt my lesson i guess!

Kat
August 24th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I remember that bubble gum ice cream. I never could stand to get it with other kids because inevitably they'd all be spitting the bits of gum out into their napkins so they could put it all back in their mouths to chew after the ice cream was gone, and I just found it gross beyond belief--who wants to spend ten minutes watching someone take a bit of ice cream, spit a bunch of pink goo into their napkin....lather rinse repeat...and then slurp all of that napkin-y goo back into their mouth? EW!

intothemist1999
August 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
For me it's elastics, too,but normally it's the covered ones...but sometimes the ones with a metal connection. If they won't come out right away, I sort of flip and rip it out!! :shudder: I don't know if it's a claustrophobic reaction or what!!

utdesertrunner
August 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
In college I went to a beauty school to get blonde highlights=brassy highlights. I didn't really like it so I permed it (also at the beauty school). You'd think I'd learned my lesson. A few months later I was sick of it and had it straightened. Yikes! All that damage, but luckily it's all gone. A few years ago I permed my BSL hair. It held the perm for about 1 year. I got tired of it and hacked it off to a bob. Sooooo.... please if I ever post about perming my hair:stop me!

Now my hair has a few (very few) blonde highlights (before I found you guys) but overall it's really quite healthy now.

ladyshannonanne
August 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
During my first year of college, my hair went from tailbone to BSL to bobbed. Lemme tell ya the story.

The cut from tailbone to BSL wasn't so bad--at least, I didn't have it at BSL for long enough to lament the cut. For kicks one day, my friend bleached my bangs white, white blond. I actually liked it quite a bit. But then, I decided I wanted red hair. And here's where the horrors began.

I colored all my hair except the bleached bangs to a really funky ruby red. After a few weeks, the dye faded and I wanted to do my whole hair more coppery red, including my bangs. I thought I'd go to a professional so I wouldn't end up looking stupid. Boy, was I wrong. I left the salon (the first time) with purple hair and pink bangs. Oh yes, this was a professional dye job, in the broadest sense, I suppose. I went back about an hour later, and she "fixed" my hair--it was black. A bit confused, I reminded the colorist that I had wanted red hair. She said it would fade to red in a few weeks and my color would last longer. Not convinced, I went to another salon later that afternoon. Remember, now, we've already gone through TWO colorings in one day.

At the second salon, I got a heavy weave through my entire hair. Needless to say, my hair was trashed, although I had finally achieved the right shade of orangey-coppery red, which was quite cool. The uncool thing was having to cut my hair from BSL to my ears.

I haven't touched the bottle (the dye bottle, that it) since. Hee hee.

So that is a story of me being stupid. Really, really stupid.

tiny_teesha
August 27th, 2008, 03:16 AM
ladyshannonanne - Yep i agree, you take the cake!!!!!

jasper
August 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I searched thread titles for "Hall of Shame" and this seems close, so I'm reviving it a year from the last post.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/jaspersu/IMG_0345.jpg
I never really looked at my hair before joining here. I was just now looking at it backlit and saw all these short ends sticking out all over it.

Now, I thought I was relatively kind to my hair. No heat styling, no blow drying and only 2-3 shampoos in any week. But this looks like abused hair, doesn't it? I'm guessing all this is mechanical breakage: careless brushing, tight elastics in the ponytail, twisted styles, general neglect?

RancheroTheBee
August 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM
jasper: It could be new hair coming in, maybe?

Hmm. I'm going to go with the time I decided to dye my blue-black hair white blonde. I'm sure I've told y'all the story of when I was standing at a bus stop after I did this, zipped up my jacket, got a chunk of hair the size of a thumb in my zipper and instead of tugging on my scalp, it just... came out.

I shaved my head soon thereafter. And thank God!

MAO
August 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I actually just did my most shameful thing back in June. I had my hair stripped to remove the henna, which, by the way looked perfectly fine (before stripping). I don't know what it is about summer that always gives me the urge to get highlights???:confused: Ever since June I've been sporting orangey hair. It has been stripped twice and had light blonde colored over the top and STILL I have orange hair. I am SERIOUSLY considering breaking out my box of henna under the sink...but can I trust myself to not try to remove the henna again is the million dollar question.......

ipickee
August 27th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Other than all the horrible self-dye jobs I've done...I had one piece of hair (about the thickness of a pinkie-finger tip) that an elastic got caught in right where my bangs and my long hair met. Right in the middle on the top of my head....I cut it off! I had a one inch long 'horn' in the middle of my long hair! I looked like a freak unicorn!

shaybabe8604
August 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
When I was still relaxing (my then bleached red hair) I soaked my hair in olive oil over night for a nice deep conditioning because it felt extra dry. Then the next morning I decided to straighten it. Without rinsing out the oil (back then I thought that hair needed some sort of oil based lubricant for straightening) I proceeded to flat iron my hair. I ignored all the screams, snaps, crackles, and pops from my tresses and proceeded to get a pretty decent looking style. Until my hair started to disintegrate a few weeks later. That was the beginning of my hair journey. I never got another relaxer after that incident (november 2008 ) So the happy ending is that I now have a thick healthy (albeit currently short) head of hair. :)

jasper
August 28th, 2009, 04:28 AM
jasper: It could be new hair coming in, maybe?

You mean from shed hair? Would that mean I can always count on looking so fuzzy because of the new hairs?

violetka
August 28th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I have never never never cared about my hair, I am surprized I even have hair left. My biggest shame is that every winter I would walk out with completely wet hair(because I do everything last moment incl showering) and it would freeze and I would suckle on it while frozen. I also shaved it and it became dark(changed colors) :(