PDA

View Full Version : growing out fringe support thread

lady G
August 12th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I know I had my hair cut back to a chin length bob last month and do not regret it one bit! but I am now growing the fringe out from a blunt above the eyebrow bang to full length. It is now at the stage where I am desperate to get the scissors and chop!:D but i really want to see what it would look like with a full fringe! its bugging me as clipped back i am not sure I liike it and to the side looks odd probably as I am used to a blunt fring for the past few years. Anyway those out there in a fringe predicament do post and let me know :)

jojo
August 12th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Hang in there, if you go to my photos and check my fringe out, i was above eye brows Jan 07 and started growing mine out May or June last year, mine are about 2" past my chin now.

Just clip them back and ignore them, I know mine seem to grow a lot quicker than the rest of my hair.

Good luck the frustrations will be worth it xx

jojo
August 12th, 2008, 02:10 AM
heres my fringe, it was very short so short I used to straighten it, to get some length!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=354&pictureid=4468

vampodrama
August 12th, 2008, 02:40 AM
oh I know what it feels like... be strong! :D

clips and headbands are your friends!

Tap Dancer
August 12th, 2008, 03:31 AM
My bangs were at my eyebrows in January and now they're chin length. Hang in there; it won't take long before they're grown out. :)

FrannyG
August 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I know all about the old fringe predicament. Until I was 45 I had a fringe for my entire life. Literally. In November of 2006, I decided to finally grow them out, because I'd never had the classic long hair/no bangs look. It was a pain only for a few months, if that. To be honest, I barely remember anymore.

I would clip my bangs off the the side, or I would twist them and pin them off to the side. Sometime I would clip them straight back.

Soon they were long enough to weave into a French or Dutch braid, and then it wasn't long before they went into any updo.

Having said all of that, if you like a fringe, there's no law against them. :flowers:

sipnsun
August 12th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I use those little hairscrews to hold my bangs back while they are growing. They are cute and easy to use and really hold the hair great. I started growing above the eyebrows, and now they touch the tip of my nose. I'm feeling your pain though, I get the urge to cut mine back all of the time.

bgarrison
August 12th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Maybe a headband or scarf? I've used those a lot during these horrible stages. Also, product to hold them back. Spray, gel ,etc. I figure it's a short term solution for long term gain. I found if my fringe had just a little stiffness it was easier to tolerate.

You can make hair gel from boiling flax seeds, too.

lady G
August 12th, 2008, 09:15 AM
aww thanks for all support I am going to try and grow it out clips are my friends right now :D I will refrain from using the scissors:rolleyes: