PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing henna!

LottieGirlx
October 12th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone

My hair has been bleached for the past 5 years, until 3 months ago when I decided to have it dyed brown. My hair is really damaged from the bleaching and from daily heat styling (which I have stoppe now) so I want to start dyeing it with henna and indigo to improve the strength and feel of my hair (it feels very soft but splits and breaks easily).

BUT, since I've never done this before I do have a few questions!

-where should I get my henna and indigo from? I live in the UK and the henna boy website says no orders are being processed now until October 23rd ( I need to dye it next week!) is this website any good: www.survana.co.uk? How will I know I am actually getting BAQ henna?
-I last had a chemical 'gloss' a month ago, is it safe to henna over this?
-my hair is more damaged in parts and some of the ends didn't take well to the gloss and are still blonde, will these go green with the hendigo?
-I want a dark auburn/brown, what percentage of each should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Lottie x

Jorja
October 12th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I can only help on the where to get the henna from in the UK. I use spicesofindia.co.uk They have a few different body art hennas which I've used with good results. The Karishma henna is lovely it rinses out easier than others I've tried. They also sell Darbur amla oil and Vatika coconut oil which are nice too.
I wouldn't like to advise you on what colour your hair might come out, you could always strand test to check? Good luck and welcome to LHC:)

LottieGirlx
October 12th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I suppose the thinng I'm most worried about is that I might not be getting BAQ henna, and because my hair has been so chemically treated already I need to know its BAQ henna so i don't get green/melted hair!!

I will try a strand test first though on my more damaged hair.

Lottie x