PDA

View Full Version : Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113

Smokie
June 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Day 145: Peacock twist with bloodwood Etta Mae fork. It's holding surprisingly well.

ETA: I did leave my hair down long enough to dry almost completely today. Was still damp when we went to breakfast and almost completely dry when I put it up. But it was up before I came to work so it counts.

tiny_teesha
June 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
217 looped pony tail.

n3m3sis42
June 2nd, 2008, 04:48 AM
I started my new challenge! I will not "cheat" with this one, and will have no down days. I'm going for at least two weeks.

Day 1: Cinnabun with Etta Mae hair fork.

angelthadiva
June 2nd, 2008, 06:08 AM
Day 190--Scrunchie Bun

n3m3sis42
June 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Day 2: Cinnabun with Ficcare.

*sigh*

I was trying to wear the hair fork again, but I cracked it in half. :'(

Islandgrrl
June 2nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
Day 187 - cinnabun w/chopsticks. CO'd this morning and it's damp bunned for a while. I'll change to something else later maybe.

soleluna
June 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Day 29 of 31: a kind of infinity bun

AJoifulNoise
June 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Back from my whirlwind trip to Ohio! Now to try and remember what I did with my hair while I was there...

Day 18 of 60: Cinnabun with ficcare.

Day 19 of 60: Pigtail Braids (that became wavy pigtails by evening).

Day 20 of 60: Cinnabun with small clips.

Day 21 of 60: Cinnabun with ficcare.

Day 22 of 60 (today): Cinnabun with ficcare.

It's bad when you can remember this much about your hair, but you can't find your car keys...

AlleyKitten
June 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Day 28 of 31: Sleep rope braid up in a really tight infinity bun with the hairfork.

Patrycja
June 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Day 29 of 45 wash day so it was up in a cinnabun for the first half,down to dry the second half.Before I go to sleep-up it will go into a cinnabun again.

tiny_teesha
June 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
217 again ( i forgot to not count a day from drying it)- it is in a plait for now, but i don't wear plaits in public because they look sad, so i may make my hair into a bun for school.

SweetPea88
June 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I've mostly been wearing my hair up lately, so why not take part in this challenge!

I'll be doing a month-long challenge for the month of June (I apparently started yesterday w/ a three-strand braid :wink:).

soleluna
June 3rd, 2008, 12:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 30 of 31: a new bun ;)

morgwn
June 3rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
Day 193: French twist held up with my Ficcare for my exam - it didn't budge a bit :)
Day 194: Braided bun
Day 195: Simple ponytail
Day 196: Peacock twist with my Ficcare
Day 197: Dutch braid

KaeleyAnne
June 3rd, 2008, 05:13 AM
Day 45 (Saturday): An attempt at a herringbone braid, which turned into a herringbone braided sort-of bun type thing to hide an odd twist in the braid.

Day 46: French braided pigtails, wrapped in a single bun (held with bobby pins).

Day 47: An inside-out bun, held with a shortened chopstick.

Patrycja
June 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Day 30 of 45 a french twist held with beak clip

angelthadiva
June 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
DAY 191--Scrunchie Bun *sigh*

For a while there I was on an English Braid kick, now it looks like I'm doing the scrunchie bun thing...

Is it just me, or if you have your hair down does it make you feel bad like you are hurting your hair?

Islandgrrl
June 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Day 188: braided bun secured w/new jade border ficcare (I'm working on an action shot).

Angel...it's not just you. I feel guilty when I take my hair down - I have to put it right back up!

yldchyld
June 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Doesn't anybody's hair here tangle like crazy after five minutes of having it down?
I wear my hair up every single day, or does a braid count? It's gotten so heavy that the bun sometimes gives me a headache.

Plus, I live in Florida and having hair down to your butt is ....well..........HOT.

Smokie
June 3rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
DAY 191--Scrunchie Bun *sigh*

For a while there I was on an English Braid kick, now it looks like I'm doing the scrunchie bun thing...

Is it just me, or if you have your hair down does it make you feel bad like you are hurting your hair?

I've been going through phases too...

And OMG YES. 'specially now that the first phase of my challenge is over and I'm allowed to wear it down so long as I'm not at work. I felt so weird leaving it down for the eight hours between my shower and when I finally got to see DBF for the first time since his midtour leave. And wearing it down to breakfast before work Sunday evening even though it had already dried enough to be put up still felt like cheating.

DBF loves my hair down. Especially now that it's longer. He got all goo-goo-eyed when he saw it wet for the first time after ten months of growth (curls make length go bye bye) with only one trim. So I've been leaving it/taking it down for... erm... private rough-housing?... but the second I even think we might be going to sleep it's been being french braided. I'm waking up with awful frizz too. Between the way I move, being tangled in his arms, and not having my satin pillow case with me... Ugh. At least he thinks my crazy morning hair is cute.

AJoifulNoise
June 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Day 23 of 60: Sock bun with a very special set of sticks (from a friend).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June32008Upload023.jpg

I don't remember the last time I wore a sock bun so I gave it a try today. It looks good to me! Though, it is a bit heavy.

angelthadiva
June 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Angel...it's not just you. I feel guilty when I take my hair down - I have to put it right back up! Me too!!

Doesn't anybody's hair here tangle like crazy after five minutes of having it down?
I wear my hair up every single day, or does a braid count? It's gotten so heavy that the bun sometimes gives me a headache.

Plus, I live in Florida and having hair down to your butt is ....well..........HOT. My hair can get pretty tangly if it's not up, plus it gets into stuff...A braid is considered and updo, basically because it is contained...

I've worn my hair long for years, but I know what you mean by the hair headache...Everyone has a sweet spot where the height and tension is just perfect that you don't get a headache...Unfortunately, that spot is found by trial and error...I can't wear my hair in a high ponytail for more than 5 minutes w/o my head pounding...Keep trying your buns w/varying height until you find the spot where you can wear it, so you don't get a headache...Wish I could be more help.

I've been going through phases too... And OMG YES. <snip> Glad it's not only me, I too feel like I'm cheating even if it's down drying...Uh, about the :love: DH loves my hair down too, when we are home, but I think he likes it much more when it's up when we are out...It's kind of like our little secret.

Day 23 of 60: Sock bun with a very special set of sticks (from a friend).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June32008Upload023.jpg

I don't remember the last time I wore a sock bun so I gave it a try today. It looks good to me! Though, it is a bit heavy.

This looks beautiful, AJN!!

n3m3sis42
June 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Day 3: Cinnabun with a hairstick.

Tonight, I tried to learn a new style--the Equilibrium Bun. Here's a pic, even though I'm not really sure that I got it quite right.

http://www.angryhornet.com/images/hurr/equilibrium_bun_1st_6-3-08_small.jpg

AlleyKitten
June 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Day 29 of 31: Sleep english braid in the bun cover with the clippies.

KaeleyAnne
June 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Day 48: An infinity bun.

morgwn
June 4th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Day 198: Low doubled-up ponytail

AJoifulNoise
June 4th, 2008, 08:05 AM
This looks beautiful, AJN!!

Thank you! :D I'm always a little iffy on sock buns because they stick out from the back of my head. I'm more for flat buns. That sounds funny. :lol: Ah well.

Patrycja
June 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
day 31 of 45 This:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN851230-1.jpg

angelthadiva
June 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
<snip> I'm more for flat buns.<snip> LOL, I prefer a little junk in my trunk...errr...buns, myself :)

day 31 of 45 This:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN851230-1.jpg

Very pretty! :thumbsup:

DAY 192--Harpgal's pinless braided bun w/my 2 new faux mia fa sticks.

Islandgrrl
June 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Day 189. I just realized I've passed the halfway mark by almost a week (duh). Amazing how time flies when you're not really paying that much attention! So today I have a horrendous headache (I'm STILL sick w/this nasty cold). I started w/ a braided bun (yes, I can finally do one that actually stays put) held with the gold Primavera Ficcare, but I've gone backwards to a very loose English braid in the hopes that my head will stop hurting sooner this way.

Suldrun
June 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Well I pretty much defaulted on my challange. I think that trying a new style every day was a bit much and I had so much going on the last few weeks that I just could not take the time.

On a positive note It did force me to try new hairstyles and as I look back and the pictures I do see improvement:) I don't have all the pics I wanted but I am going to post what I have now in my album and start fresh with a new challange in a few days.

It's nice to see so many people succeding:)

Patrycja
June 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
awww Angel thanks for your compliment :flower:
And theres nothing wrong with a little junk your buns :D

oh and where do you find faux Mei Fa's??? I love them but they are too expensive for my taste these days.

KaeleyAnne
June 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Day 49: A combination braid, consisting of two pigtail French braids combined into one braid in the back.

AlleyKitten
June 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Day 30 of 31: First I put it up in the barrette-loop updo, and when that started to bother me (one day I will master these tricksy bobby pins! I swear it!) it went in a rope braid bun held up by the fork.

n3m3sis42
June 4th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Day 4: Another sad attempt at an equilibrium bun.

Actually, I managed to make a really good one at first, but the hair toy I was using looked weird at the angle at which the "loop" part of the bun was. I took it out and re-bunned, only to get a turd bun. On the plus side, it stayed in really well all day. :)

morgwn
June 5th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Day 199: French twist held up with my new horn hairfork. :) I'm liking it.

tiny_teesha
June 5th, 2008, 05:43 AM
219 : Chinese bun for school, now a wrapped bun. :)
This is easy. 348 in total, 129 to go! Actually i don't think that counts... :( I think i need to go the full 365 days as i do take days off occasionally...
Oh, my hair grew :) I'm 29" now! Even though i'm trimming.....

Jostar
June 5th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I am a bit rubbish at this. I have lost my hair sticks so bunning is out. Its french braids or a rope braid for me at the moment.

n3m3sis42
June 5th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Day 5: Cinnabun with my new (!!!) Baerreis "Finny" hair fork. Love. :D

30isthenewblack
June 5th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I have been wearing my hair back at work for the last month or so. I don't do any elaborate up dos. I simply part my hair into two, wrap them around and then tuck the hair under. I look like I have a pixie cut and often people are fooled into thinking that I have cut my hair. If I do say so myself, I look like a black Audrey Hepburn :)

Delenn
June 5th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I feel so boring, about the only thing I do to mix things up is wear different sticks/forks each day to match my outfit. Otherwise it's just a braided bun. After I get my roots touched up I'm going to try the awesome bun in KaeleyAnne's avatar, I love that!!!

AJoifulNoise
June 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Day 24 of 60: It spent most of the day wet and down. I washed it later in the afternoon then when it was almost dry I ran out in the rain to help my dad with something and it got soaked again. When it was finally dry, I wore it in a low, loose pony tail over my shoulder.

Patrycja
June 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Day 32 of 45 Edit-I changed my simple plain boring ponytail to a modified peacock twist.I put my hair into ponytail,secured it with a elastic and twisted up like I was doing a french twist.I then used one of my slides to secure it up and the ponytail kind of flopped to the side.From the front-looks like a high ponytail but looks neat from the back.

Islandgrrl
June 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Day 190: Up in a really floppy peacock twist w/Ficcare this morning. It's completely wet (I mean dripping right now) so I have to let it dry a bit before I braid & bun. But that's the plan.

AlleyKitten
June 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Day 31 of 31: Starting the last day of my challenge out with a slightly messed-up infinity bun with the fork. No grand exits for me...maybe I'll do something really special with my hair tomorrow :p

AJoifulNoise
June 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Day 25 of 60: Started out as a loose ponytail over my shoulder (something I'm becoming rather fond of). But, I put it up in a cinnabun with a ficcare to go to the UPS store.

angelthadiva
June 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM
awww Angel thanks for your compliment :flower:
And theres nothing wrong with a little junk your buns :D

oh and where do you find faux Mei Fa's??? I love them but they are too expensive for my taste these days.

You are very welcome!! I bought them off the swap board, and received them this week...That's what they were listed as, so that's what I'm calling them...I wore them yesterday, but me thinks they are too small for me :eyebrows: Ahem, they might have to get swapped! :D

Day 192

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1575.jpg

Day 193
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1573.jpg

soleluna
June 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Day 31 of 31: a cinnabun

YAY!! I'm done with my chellenge! will decide if I want to continue.. it was a great experience, but I was always stuck with the same styles because with exams I don't have the time to learn new ones.. anyway, I got fantastic hair toys in the process..
With the hot weather coming, I might just decide to keep going ;)

AJoifulNoise
June 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Day 31 of 31: a cinnabun

YAY!! I'm done with my chellenge! will decide if I want to continue.. it was a great experience, but I was always stuck with the same styles because with exams I don't have the time to learn new ones.. anyway, I got fantastic hair toys in the process..
With the hot weather coming, I might just decide to keep going ;)

Congrats! :cheese:

Patrycja
June 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
You are very welcome!! I bought them off the swap board, and received them this week...That's what they were listed as, so that's what I'm calling them...I wore them yesterday, but me thinks they are too small for me :eyebrows: Ahem, they might have to get swapped! :D

Let me know :D I love them!

And congrats Soleluna! :flower: Hope to see you back!

angelthadiva
June 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Let me know :D I love them!<snip>

We might need to go to PM :eyebrows:

Smokie
June 5th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Day 146: This counting method feels weird. I had my hair up through all of my days off 'cause the boy was playing Army and I was at home napping alot and doing laundry... But those days don't count. Weird. In any case, it's in a peacock twist with the bloodwood fork. And it looks pretty. Teehee. I did walk in the door and do my start-of-shift busy work with the hair down 'cause I only brought a wooden fork with me and didn't want to damage it with wet hair.

morgwn
June 6th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Day 200: I'm quite impressed that I'm up to day 200 now! :) I did some experimentation with new updos today, but they didn't work. I'm hoping that they work for me when my hair gets down to waist-length. So I've got my hair up in a simple cinnabun with two 2-pronged hairforks holding it up. It does at least feel secure.

tiny_teesha
June 6th, 2008, 02:58 AM
220- French Twist, because i can....I'm just at home...lol

AJoifulNoise
June 6th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Day 26 of 60: Braided bun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June62008Upload017.jpg

angelthadiva
June 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Day 194--Ponytail rope braid.

Islandgrrl
June 6th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Day 191. Sigh, I'm having a bad hair day. Tonight is Date Night. So I did an SMT last night and put my damp hair into foam rollers so it would be really smooth and bouncy today. That part of the plan went well. Gorgeous big poufy bouncy smooth curls this morning. Put it up into a peacock twist w/a ficcare and left for work. Things went quickly downhill. I got a flat tire on the way to work and as I was changing it (yes, I do it myself), it started just POURING rain. By the time I was done I was completely soaked to the skin. Got to work & put it into a braid. It's still really wet. Yech.

n3m3sis42
June 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Day 6: Cinnabun with Barreis "Little Egypt" fork.

KaeleyAnne
June 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Day 50: Inside-out bun

Day 51: French braid

KaeleyAnne
June 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I feel so boring, about the only thing I do to mix things up is wear different sticks/forks each day to match my outfit. Otherwise it's just a braided bun. After I get my roots touched up I'm going to try the awesome bun in KaeleyAnne's avatar, I love that!!!

Thanks, Delenn. Someday I'll actually make a tutorial for that bun. :)

Basically you just do pigtail braids (French braided or not, it doesn't matter) and wrap the braids around each other, pinning as you go along. Though it might be able to be held with some hair sticks. Just wrap the braids in an oval shape instead of a circle.

Smokie
June 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Day 147: Ponytail! DBF seemed to like it alot. I was surprised. Normally he pouts at me when I put my hair up. Granted, he's never seen me in a high ponytail that wasn't just a ball of curls. I can feel my ends on the top of my shoulders in a high ponytail now.

Gothic Lolita
June 7th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Although I don't post here, I'm on my personal wear-it-up challenge and I enjoy it alot. Now I'm on day 54 (I don't count week-ends or holidays because I allow myself to wear it down then).

I envy all of you. I guess I'd never had the patience to wear my hair up for a year or even longer! I've sworn myself to make it to 70 days and I'm already counting down. I think you're really great not only for resisting the urge to wear it down but also for treating your hair so nicely and carefully. It will be stunning and you'll recieve a ton of compliments when you'll have it down.

n3m3sis42
June 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Day 7: Another attempt at an equilibrium bun... this one has some issues but at least it looks LESS like a turd than the previous one. :D

http://www.angryhornet.com/images/hurr/equilibrium_6-07-08_1.jpg

AJoifulNoise
June 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Day 27 of 60: I considered making this one of my pre-established down days... But, decided against it. I prefer doing that when I have the house to myself. So, my hair is in a loose, low ponytail over one shoulder.

angelthadiva
June 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Day 195--Braided ponytail.
Day 196--Braided ponytail.
June, 9--Day 197--Braided ponytail.

Smokie
June 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Day 148: Folded over ponytail... Gotta change it.

I swear, DBF comes home and my old ponytail of some flavor every day habit returns. Not good. I've got a fork and a couple sticks in my bag though. I'll figure something out.

Also, yesterday I wound up getting bored and braiding my ponytail. Made three separate three strand braids, then braided them together. Heh.

ETA: The folded pony thing was annoying me so I started fiddling with my hair once it slowed down at work. Batteries in my camera are dead and the spairs are in the hotel room, so no pictures yet, but I think I made something new. Basically did a standard french braid and braided all the way to the end. I didn't secure it. Then folded it up like I would do to clamp it up and leave curls sticking up. Only this time I folded the ends under and secured it with a hair fork. I'll make DBF help me take pictures once we get back to the hotel. But it basically looks like an oblong (vertically) bun... only it's all just one strip of fat-looking braid ('cause the braid got squished and widened a bit by the forking). DBF said it was very pretty when he brought me lunch.

tiny_teesha
June 8th, 2008, 12:56 AM
day 222 - In a cinnabun held witn an octopus clip, though i think it actually turned out more like a bee butt bun! Ah wellz!

KaeleyAnne
June 8th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Days 52 and 53 (yesterday and today): Heidi braids (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=942&pictureid=14234)

They're still in really good condition after hiking for five hours yesterday and sleeping in them all night (the copious amounts of aloe gel that I put in my hair before and after making the braids might have something to do with that). I'll take them out when I wash my hair this evening.

Aelith
June 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm joining, although I'm in stubby ponytail realm right now. I've found the only way I can keep myself from blow frying is to put my hair up when wet - doesn't look too bad. I think I can go for a month, and then reevaluate to see if I can do it for longer (probably can).

Islandgrrl
June 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Yesterday was Day 192. Serious SMT since everyone is home sick and I really didn't have anything else to do. Damp bunned for the rest of the day.

Today is Day 193. In a bun with a braid wrapped around. Secured with mismatched MeiFa styx.

AJoifulNoise
June 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Day 28 of 60: Started out with a quick cinnabun with little clips. Redid the bun with a ficcare this afternoon.

Smokie
June 8th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Day 149: Currently in a cinnabun with the bloodwood Etta Mae fork. This will likely change. I failed to take pictures of yesterday's 'do, so I may redo it once things slow down here and take pictures.

tiny_teesha
June 8th, 2008, 10:12 PM
day 223 - i don't know what this style is. I went to bed with my hair in 5 insecured plaits put in a bun and today i woke up (looked like dreds in the morning) and tied it in a pony tail then used the ends to put in a curling fork thingy. (It looks like a U, you wind the hair around it and secure it with the end attachment)
Kind of sad, i used to have to use at least 6 of these, now one does my whole head.......
But anyway- i don't know why i did that...i just did. At least it is different and it will give me cool waves to comb through before i tie it up to sleep tonight!

Islandgrrl
June 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Day 194: Crappy hair day. Slipping out of everything, so it's in a braided bun that looks like I stuck my finger in the electrical socket! Little pokey ends sticking out EVERYWHERE! I see a CO in my very near future (like my lunch break).

Sceleste
June 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Day 9.

My personal challenge was to keep hair up at home. I used to have it loose at home which was comfortable and free but resulted in tangles and longer detangling time.

I'm doing pretty well, I've had my hair mostly on an english braid. At times I'm taking this challenge a bit too seriously, for example I've started to feel a bit guilty having my hair down for two hours after washing. Someone ought to give me a good slap...

Today I had a bad hair day. I couldn't get hair stay put, no matter what bun I tried. Finally I just braided and went to work. My braid tapers horribly within a few hours so I really shouldn't wear that at work (I work with customers so I should look neat). At one point I looked at my braid, started to laugh and showed it to my coworker. The word she used for it could be translated as carcass or dead animal :)

I don't feel the need to have a different updo every day so I might try braided buns at work, and just pull the stick out when I come home so I can comfortably lie on the sofa.

nappywomyn
June 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
*sigh*
Day 146.
The sigh is for - my hair! She is not yet long enough to pull off any really fun experiments (tiny buns look MOST odd on my melonhead) but it's definitely getting longer, all the same. I'm mainly wearing two french 'twists' on either side of my head, with the ends tucked in.

frizzinator
June 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Nappywomyn, I think there is nothing else but to develop a lot of patience while waiting for hair to grow. It is such a trying time. If you're like I was, you'll forget all about the goal, because the pain of the journey is totally consuming. Then all of a sudden, you will realize your hair is finally long. Then it will seem like it always was long, and you'll forget about how painful it was to grow it!

nappywomyn
June 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Nappywomyn, I think there is nothing else but to develop a lot of patience while waiting for hair to grow. It is such a trying time. If you're like I was, you'll forget all about the goal, because the pain of the journey is totally consuming. Then all of a sudden, you will realize your hair is finally long. Then it will seem like it always was long, and you'll forget about how painful it was to grow it!

Oh, I hope so!!! Patience is definitely one of those talents of mine that could use a little 'honing' ;) :lol:

KaeleyAnne
June 9th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Day 54: Infinity bun

AJoifulNoise
June 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Day 29 of 60: Started out as a dutch braid. I've now coiled up the braid into a bun with my lizard stick.

Aelith
June 9th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Technically on day 5 of 30, since I signed up after putting my hair up for 4 days or so.

I Co'd with V05 Lavendar something or other and Dove Intense Damage Therapy Conditioner, which left my hair looking kind of greasy. Soft, but greasy. The grey roots don't help, but my other resolve is to not dye until end of summer, so...

I did buy some pretty hair clips/pins. The way I've been putting my hair up is stubby ponytail, pinned on sides and on top left side as I am growing out fringe. Somedays it looks glam, today, it looked kind of, well, not glam, but oh well.

Best part - DH looooooooooves my hair up - in fact he asked me if I could wear my hair like this all the time :eyebrows:

n3m3sis42
June 10th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Day 8: Cinnabun with Ficcare.
Day 9: The same.

Wow, I am creative. But I'm more than halfway through my at-least-two-weeks challenge with no "down days". Go me!

angelthadiva
June 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Day 198--Part down the middle, then English braid most of the way down, about a 4" tassle.

Islandgrrl
June 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Day 195: Loose cinnamon bun secured with jade border ficcare. Could probably use a wash, but I won't have time until Thursday, so I spritzed the ends w/ a mixture of water, aloe vera gel & jojoba oil & stuffed it all up into a bun!

KaeleyAnne
June 10th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Day 55: Braided pin-less bun

AJoifulNoise
June 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Day 30 of 60: Half-way through my challenge. This one has been different than all my previous updo challenges. In that before I didn't allow myself to look at the length at all. This time is just about keeping it up and not worrying about measuring. And, it's working!

But, today I took one of my down days. In fact, I haven't combed it at all. It's down and wavy with a brightly-colored bandana! :D

ETA: Nevermind... It's up now! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June102008Upload018.jpg

Patrycja
June 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Good grief I am behind...

Day 33 of 45 low pigtails braided halfway down
Day 34 of 45 cinnabun held with new fork sent to me by Igor
Day 35 of 45 Quecraft fork sent to me by cutastrophe
Day 36 of 45 a french twist held with blue sparkle beak clip
Day 37 of 45 cinnabun held with Quecraft fork
Day 38 of 45 it was a cinnabun that became unraveled and it was held with hairsticks

Whew! I'm not going that long again without updating :lol:

tiny_teesha
June 11th, 2008, 12:11 AM
day 225- in a plait, folded twice and cliped to the head. Not sure what that is called exactly....

systemaurora
June 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking about doing this... maybe for a week, lol. >_< To start with. Aside from low ponytails/buns I rarely wear my hair up. Wednesday to Wednesday, then. ^_^ And from there, who knows?

n3m3sis42
June 11th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Day 10: Cinnabun with one hair stick. And also a lot of camellia oil (I accidentally oiled my hair too much--how attractive!).

angelthadiva
June 11th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Day 199--Ponytail with flowers :D

AJoifulNoise
June 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm thinking about doing this... maybe for a week, lol. >_< To start with. Aside from low ponytails/buns I rarely wear my hair up. Wednesday to Wednesday, then. ^_^ And from there, who knows?

Welcome to the challenge! :flower: Be careful, it's addictive!

Islandgrrl
June 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Day 196: Chignon held with a few Good Days pins.

Patrycja
June 11th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Day 39 of 45 Half up in a cinnbun held with fakkare.Bottom half braided and clipped with new clip(french clasp)

n3m3sis42
June 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Day 11: Cinnabun with Ficcare.

KaeleyAnne
June 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Day 56: A French braid, with the tassel tucked into the braid near the top-back of my head.

AJoifulNoise
June 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Day 31 of 60: Sock bun with gifted sticks. Looks the same as the last sock bun I posted.

DecafJane
June 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Up in a twist with my G3 fork with the heart carved into the top. So pretty! :D

tiny_teesha
June 12th, 2008, 01:09 AM
day 225 again (taking into account me drying my hair)- I wore my hair in a low pony tail today because i slept with it in small K-L knot hybrids which made curls and i wanted to show them off....even if i was at home alone all day :)

I'm aiming for 365 days and I've got 140 to go! WOOT, more then half way! When i'm finally off this i am so leaving my hair down for a whole week!!! It is winter and this challenge is challenging because loose hair warms me up!!!

AJoifulNoise
June 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Day 32 of 60: Cinnabun with ficcare.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June122008002.jpg

Islandgrrl
June 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Day 197. Wow, how the time has flown! Peacock twist with the "feathers" stuffed back under the ficcare at the moment. Cinnamon bun before that. French twist before that. No matter what I do today I seem to have one rogue hair pulling somewhere. Ugh.

angelthadiva
June 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Day 200--Rope braided bun w/3 sunflowers...I lost my photog, so I'll have to see what I can do about snapping a pic of my head...Might have to wait until I get home after class. :(

KaeleyAnne
June 12th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Day 57: Cinnamon bun held with a shortened chopstick.

Patrycja
June 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Day 39 of 45 low ponytail held with new blue butterfly slide from Old School Leather Works.

n3m3sis42
June 12th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Day 12: Cinnabun with "Finny" hair fork.

Day 13: Cinnabun with "Finny" hair fork.

systemaurora
June 12th, 2008, 10:57 PM
It was in high bun this morning when I woke up, then down for an hour or so after I washed it, then in a low bun while it finished drying, and now it's in two regular braids. yay.

angelthadiva
June 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Day 201--Braided bun w/a white flower.

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Day 198. Braided bun, too, held with a burgundy ficcare (not sure about this color in my hair yet). No flowers :(

angelthadiva
June 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Day 198. Braided bun, too, held with a burgundy ficcare (not sure about this color in my hair yet). No flowers :(

I've been on a really girly kick this week--Skirts and dresses and lots of flowers :flower:

Whoo-Hoo girl, almost 200 days, and still going strong! :)

Psh, this has been a snap for me, how about you?

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Totally easy. I'm really surprised it's been this easy. I thought I'd be craving having my hair all voluptuous and down :) But I'm not!

Here's a pic of today's do. I finally had a camera available! First time I've worn this new Ficcare. Is the color terrible with my hair?

http://www.iwgd.com/lhc/braidbun-ficcare.jpg

frizzinator
June 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm so happy to see your photo! The ficcare looks fabulous!

I hope you'll be posting more updo photos with your new camera.

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Frizzinator! I only wish it was my camera, though. I borrowed it!

AJoifulNoise
June 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Day 32 of 60: Two braids from a single ponytail. I tried the sock bun (4 times) and failed.

KaeleyAnne
June 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Day 58: French braid for most of the day - a little while ago I put the braid up into the pinless braided bun to keep my hair out of my way.

tiny_teesha
June 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
228 - was in a folded plait, but the plait unfolded now.... With a head band and a hat to cover the greasies.

Patrycja
June 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Day 40 of 45 low pigtails and then a cinnabun and then the pigtails again...I couldn't decide what I wanted.

Day 41 of 45 same do I had the other day-low pony held with butterfly slide.I wanted to see how it looked with the new color.Not too shabby :)

I just realised I haven't had a Hair Down Day yet and I'm almost at my third(???)goal.I think when I reach 45 days,my 46 day will be my down day and then I'll go for 61 days.

angelthadiva
June 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I totally love your color, Izzy, and the ficcare looks fantastic!!

Day 202--Lazy English braid.

AJoifulNoise
June 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Day 33 of 60: My usual shampoo day style... Braided pigtails.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June142008002.jpg

Though... I somehow managed to miss a small lock of hair...

KaeleyAnne
June 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Day 59: Braided cinnamon bun.

WritingPrincess
June 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Oops, I totally forgot about posting in this thread. Don't worry, I've kept my hair up. :)
Day 154 of 183: Regular ol' bee-end bun. I've been mostly wearing braids and buns because I'm transitioning to WO--sloowwlly.

Aelith
June 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Day 10 (ish) of 30: Stubby pony again. But, new twist: I've been parting my hair to the right (my right) and pulling back into low pony. I clip the sides towards the back and one up on the top left, because I have chin-length fringe I'm growing out, which will otherwise curl up and stick out straight. Today, I added a cloth headband - it looks decent. I may stick with it for a while.

Still not blowfrying or flat ironing, still COing.

tiny_teesha
June 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
229 - in a pony tail with the tail platied.

AJoifulNoise
June 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Day 34 of 60: Half up pony to show off braid waves. :D

Kelpie
June 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Ok, I'm going to have to own up to having failed my challenge of wearing my hair up for a month at least. I don't know if I even lasted two weeks and I've worn it down lots since the first fail. Sometimes it just dried into something that I actually thought looked good and it seemed a shame put it all up. Oh well.

angelthadiva
June 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
203--Braided ponytail.

Aelith
June 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Figured out it's day 12 of 30. Again, stubby pony, pinned on sides and top with cloth band. No CO today - as of 7:15 p.m., it's much more sebum-y than it was this morning, but still looks nice.

Patrycja
June 15th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Day 42 of 45 a cinnabun held with sticks.

Sceleste
June 16th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Day 16.
I cheated a bit one day. When I came home from work I took my bun down, and was going to braid it for the evening but ended up watching telly with my spouse the whole evening with hair loose. We have a couch that opens for a bed, and it was so comfortable to lie in it without any hairdo bothering me. Eventually I braided for bed.

One good thing about this challenge is that I've learned to do a dutch braid! Yesterday I tried to practise other braiding styles too but failed. I really like the look of dutch braid. Hopefully I learn to do two dutch braids on both sides of my head, and combine those at the nape.

n3m3sis42
June 16th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Day 14: Scrunchie bun under a "do rag" for most of the day, because I was oiling my hair. When I got ready to go out for dinner that night, I washed my hair and put it up in a cinnabun with my new QueueCraft fork.

Day 15: Cinnabun with Baerreis "Little Egypt" fork.

Day 16: Cinnabun with Ketyllo AquaPearl hairsticks.

My two week challenge is up. I can't decide if I should keep it going or go back to my "modified" challenge where I allow myself to wear my hair down on Fridays and one weekend day. I think I'll keep it going for at least another 2 weeks--I'd sort of like to keep it going all summer until I feel ready to get my ends trimmed, but we'll see.

tiny_teesha
June 16th, 2008, 08:01 AM
230 - folded plait again...I'm creative!

Islandgrrl
June 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Happy Monday!

Saturday was Day 199. Went to a car show and I wore my hair up in a cinnamon bun secured with a Ficcare. A part of my fringe on the left side of my face fell out and I was lazy & didn't put it back so I got a sunburn EXCEPT where the fringe fell. Ugh. White stripe on the side of my face.

Sunday was Day 200! Up in a messy bun with Ficcare. Bought a shampoo bar from SarieQ at the Farmers Market.

Today is Day 201. Cinnamon bun with my favorite silver hair pin. Going to try the shampoo bar tonight after I look up instructions on how to use it!

angelthadiva
June 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
204--Scrunchie Bun

yuccalyptus
June 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm going to join in and start with a month-long challenge, this being day one! I rarely wear my hair up so I don't want to start with too big of a goal. Hopefully by the end of the month it will be a habit ingrained in me that I will keep up with. I am currently wearing a simple cinnamon bun held with my 6" Ketylo hairstick, and I plan on wearing this easy style throughout the month.

AJoifulNoise
June 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Day 35 of 60: Cinnabun with little brown clips (9 of them, to be exact... I think my bun has gotten bigger).

Patrycja
June 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Day 43 of 45 a low pony with quecraft dragon slide

Indigo Girl
June 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I would like to join too! I'm going to go for a month long challenge. I need to get into the habit of wearing updos to protect my hair, so I think this will be a great place to start. :D

Hopefully, I can learn some nice updos in the process; as of right now my standard is the "scrunchie bun". :rolleyes:

Today is day 1 of 30 - hair up in the best possible log roll I could muster...I think I'll stick to those on the weekends until I can get them to look a little better.

nicolina
June 17th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hello! I would also like to join, aiming for one month (starting today). My main problem is that my hair's too short to do much with, but I ought to keep it up to protect the ends which damage very easily, so anything which motivates me...

Day 1= braid

If anyone has any suggestions for shoulder-length hair with old layers which are just chin-length, I would love to hear them!

KaeleyAnne
June 17th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Day 60 (Sunday): Pinless braided bun. (Two months of wearing my hair up!)

Day 61: Figure-8 bun - this bun did not move at all - if I wanted to, I could have slept in the bun and it probably would have stayed up.

tiny_teesha
June 17th, 2008, 05:43 AM
231 - random bun

n3m3sis42
June 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Day 17: Equilibrium bun with Ketyllo AquaPearl hairsticks. Looks suspiciously turdy but is holding very well.

I think that for now, I'll go ahead and extend my challenge until the end of June. I'm still considering going for the entire summer, but I might want a break at some point. I will re-evaluate after I make it through June. :)

angelthadiva
June 17th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Day 205--Rope Braided Bun secured w/a claw-ish clip.

Islandgrrl
June 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Day 202: Twin cinnabuns each secured with a little chopstick.

Patrycja
June 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Day 44 of 45 a really neat swirly bun thing held with sparkly blue beak clip. I bet I couldn't recreate it if I tried...

Welcome to the challenge Nicolina and Indigo Girl :waving:
as for styles Nicolina-I had the same problem you did when I first joined LHC.I go to www.longhairloom.com and click on Styling Station Central on the pull down menu. I just had to modify the styles for my hair length,still do actually. I will say one thing-it pays to be creative and bobby pins are your friends.Those and mini claw clips.I :love: mine dearly.

AJoifulNoise
June 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Day 36 of 60: Banded pony.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June172008Upload003.jpg

I normally do at least two more bands, but I ran out of bright colors! :lol:

WritingPrincess
June 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Day 157 of 183: Bee-end bun, but this one is slightly different. I got a set of Amish hair pins yesterday, and they stay much, much better than my wavelength pins. I really need to get another pic of my bee-end bun, because this one doesn't have little pink horns sticking out on either side. :) This afternoon I switched to a cinnabun, because I wanted to play with my new toys some more.

Indigo Girl
June 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the challenge Nicolina and Indigo Girl :waving:

Thank you, Patrycja! :flower:

Day 2 - Started off with what felt like a very secure "log roll", then caught a side view of it later in the day and embarrassingly went back to a scrunchie bun for the rest of the day.

KaeleyAnne
June 17th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Day 62: Another figure-8 bun.

nicolina
June 18th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks, Patrycja! I think my best move was buying a hair toy, which I can kind of do buns and twists with (though you can't really tell the difference!). So I'm wearing that today (Day 2 of 30), with a bun-type thing.

Aelith
June 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Day 15 (ok, I checked, definitely day 15) of 30 (and probably more).

I have my hair up in a really tiny bee-butt bun, again pinned on the sides (pesky fringe growing out!) and with a wrap-style headband thingy.

Also, I am on day two of no wash. I am trying to see how long I can go between CO - I had to CO every day previously. Putting my hair up like this has made it TONS easier to go a few days between.

WritingPrincess
June 18th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Day 158: Finally, some variety! Today I'm planning on wearing a sock bun, although it may not work out, in which case I'll be back to the bee-end bun.

AJoifulNoise
June 18th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Day 37 of 60: A cinnabun with a lizard stick I made (named Bard).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June182008001.jpg

Patrycja
June 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Day 45 of 45 last day of third goal,I said I would wear it down today and go for 61 days...well-I'm sick so its up in a scrunchie bun.I'm still in my pj's so whats the point of wearing it down? I do have to wash today so for a little while at least,it'll be down.Then back up in a scrunchie bun.

anywho-now on to 60 Days!

angelthadiva
June 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Updo Day 206--Cinnabun secured w/a handmade stick I got off the Swap Board...

I need a photog or a self-timer on my camera...I gotta read the book, or find the book someplace to see if I have a timer. :(

ETA: I HAVE A TIMER!!! :JOY: I'm so happy right now! :happydance: :disco:

I have to work on my positioning, but here is my first self hair photo using the timer! :)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1603.jpg

It would have turned out better if I had used the flash, but I didn't want to draw attention to what I was doing! :ninja:

Islandgrrl
June 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Cool pic, Angel!!! You have such pretty hair!

Today is my day 203. Twisty messy bun with Ficcare. No camera today :(

AJoifulNoise
June 18th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Did someone say my name? :lol: Don't you just love the timer?! I don't know what I'd do without mine. I loooove posting pictures!

Patrycja
June 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I still can't figure out mine and I lost the book :(

hence the shower curtain background and my arms are always up in my pics.And the dirty mirror...which I finally remembered to clean yesterday :D

Great job Angel I guess this means more updo pics?? :p

angelthadiva
June 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Cool pic, Angel!!! You have such pretty hair!<snip> Thank you!!

<snip>Don't you just love the timer?! I don't know what I'd do without mine. I loooove posting pictures! Heck yeah, I was jealous of all the self-timer pics everyone else could do...Now that I lost my photog at work, and I feel funny about asking family to take one everyday...Plus, by the end of the day, it doesn't always look as fresh as I'd like to post... :D

I still can't figure out mine and I lost the book :(<snip>Great job Angel I guess this means more updo pics?? :p

Girl, I didn't even know I had one (timer)!!!!I lost the book ages ago, so I :google: the make and model of my camera and found the user book online and viola!! Put the links in my faves after I found out how to use the timer...Try what I did, and practice...Heck yeah, now I know how to take them myself, I will be posting daily :joy: Ya'll gonna get sick of me! :eyebrows:

n3m3sis42
June 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Day 18: Cinnabun with Baerreis hair fork.

Indigo Girl
June 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Updo Day 206--Cinnabun secured w/a handmade stick I got off the Swap Board...

I need a photog or a self-timer on my camera...I gotta read the book, or find the book someplace to see if I have a timer. :(

I have to work on my positioning, but here is my first self hair photo using the timer! :)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1603.jpg

It would have turned out better if I had used the flash, but I didn't want to draw attention to what I was doing! :ninja:

That's a beautiful pic! :agree: I admire how you are able to get the bun to stay so perfectly; I still have trouble with mine.

Day 3 - I'm on an in-between wash day, so I put coconut oil on the length of my hair, dry shampoo on the top, and wore a braid bun all day, secured with my Ficarre.

n3m3sis42
June 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Day 19: Cinnabun with my new Quattro Starlites fork. It's holding ridiculously well. I think I have found my new go-to hair implement for wearing while I work out.

angelthadiva
June 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM
That's a beautiful pic! :agree: I admire how you are able to get the bun to stay so perfectly; I still have trouble with mine. <snip>

It's just trial and error, but mostly error :D

Day 207--The Killer w/2 plastic (yikes) sticks from Claire's.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1621.jpg

I'm getting better at using the self-timer, man I love this function...Look how much brighter my hair looks w/the flash on! :joy:

nicolina
June 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Day 3 of 30 - just a French braid today, but it came out really well! And relatively little wisps, considering that I have all this really short layering around my face that's barely past my ears...

Patrycja
June 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Day 46 of 60 I have each side of my hair pinned back with my new barrettes and the length just in a low ponytail.I was going to keep the rest of it down but it got hot,real quick.

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Day 204: Twin cinnamon buns secured with clippies. They're messy and have little sticky outy bits everywhere, but they're fun and they kinda look cool. I still don't have a camera.

AJoifulNoise
June 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Day 38 of 60: Braided bun with my new sticks from Nightshade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June192008Upload009.jpg

Patrycja
June 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Day 47 of 60 A french twist held with my plastic fork

Smokie
June 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Day 150: I was on vacation for something like 9 days and wore my hair up pretty much every day... But those didn't count 'causes I wasn't at work. Lots of damp buns though. It's been in the lower 100s (F) here. Tonight was a freshly CWC'd peacock twist held with my fairy sticks from Nightshade. Very proud of myself for finally figuring out how to hold one with sticks.

Islandgrrl
June 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Day 205: equlibrium bun with silver hair pin. boring, but easy.

angelthadiva
June 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Day 208--Cinnabun with a fakkare--PART I

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1623.jpg

DAY 208 PART II--REDO into an Orchid Bun (so I thought, but it looks more like a sick Figure 8 in the picture)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1624.jpg

AJoifulNoise
June 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Day 208--Cinnabun with a fakkare

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1623.jpg

:thud: Your 'dos never cease to amaze me...

Day 39 of 60: Figure 8 with two metal sticks from Claire's. These hold so well... I don't know why I don't use them more often...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June202008Upload002.jpg

It is not that fuzze in reality... I don't see all those little hairs in the mirror...

angelthadiva
June 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
AJN said:

Your 'dos never cease to amaze me...

Aw, that made my whole week!! Thank you :flower:

n3m3sis42
June 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Day 20: Cinnabun with Ficcare.

Indigo Girl
June 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Day 4 - Scrunchie bun

Day 5 - Scrunchie bun

Smokie
June 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Day 151: French braid, folded up in thirds to form a sort of bun thing and secured with the fairy sticks.

tiny_teesha
June 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM
235 - looped pony tail
eta-
Just want to add that my personal voyage through this challenge is to wear my hair up for 365 days. I have had a few days in between and i have counted drying time too. So i will keep going with as little hair down days as possible until i reach 365 days. (when i wear it down i don't move the number to the next one, ie: if i wore it down today it would count as 234)

Patrycja
June 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Day 48 of 60 a falling apart cinnabun held with my new sticks! :cheer:

I can't seem to do a nice clean cinnabun anymore :( They fall apart everytime. :sad:

AJoifulNoise
June 21st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Day 40 of 60: Braided pigtails.

angelthadiva
June 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
DAY 209--Most of my hair coiled around in a cinnabun; then secured w/a small-ish clip, and let the ends hang down...I don't know what it's called, but it looked really cute~!

smilelads
June 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Doesn't wearing your hair up every single day hurt your head at all? Do you wear it up differently as to not pull out like the hair along your hairline?

AJoifulNoise
June 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Doesn't wearing your hair up every single day hurt your head at all? Do you wear it up differently as to not pull out like the hair along your hairline?

Actually, I could wear the same 'do every day and be okay (even though I don't). I make sure that my updos don't pull any hairs. It's all about balance! :)

Smokie
June 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Day 152: Cinnabun with birdseye maple fork from Etta Mae.

LuXious
June 22nd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Just wanted to say that I started with a 60 day goal, and made it through less than 30! ha ha! Owell.

KaeleyAnne
June 22nd, 2008, 06:19 AM
Days 63 and 64: Figure-8 buns

Day 65: Infinity bun

Day 66 (yesterday): Braid wrapped around a hair stick in an infinity bun-type pattern

n3m3sis42
June 22nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Day 21: Cinnabun with Ficcare.

frizzinator
June 22nd, 2008, 07:12 AM

I think when you first start wearing your hair up and if you were not wearing lots of ponytails previously, it can hurt because your hair will be held in a different direction than it was when it was hanging down. This kind of pain will eventually go away as your hair gets used to it.

When you first start putting your hair up, you have to practice a lot. Initially, you will probably make the updo too tight. Additionally, you have to get used to the hair toys you use to secure the updo. The initial uses of a new hair toy might be frustrating enough that you will make a tighter updo until you figure out how to make the toy work with your hair. With practice, you will figure out how to make the updo loose, because ultimately you want the updo to be comfortable all day.

For me, these things required months of practice. In fact, I may never finish practicing because there is always a new updo to try and whenever I buy a new hair toy I have to try it with a number of different updos, to figure out which updo works best with the hair toy.

Indigo Girl
June 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Day 6 - Braided ponytail

Day 7 - My very first sock bun! Yay! :cheese:

AJoifulNoise
June 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Day 41 of 60: Fuzzy cinnabun with clear clippies. I just couldn't sleep in the pigtail braids last night... So, my waves weren't as pretty this morning.

angelthadiva
June 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Doesn't wearing your hair up every single day hurt your head at all? Do you wear it up differently as to not pull out like the hair along your hairline? Nope, not for me. I wore my hair up in a scrunchie bun for about 2 years--Every day, my hairs didn't get pulled out along the hairline--My hair actually grew.

Day 210--Same style as yesterday, not sure what it is, but I will try to snap a picture of it.

Patrycja
June 22nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Day 49 of 60 two low pig tails

Smokie
June 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Day 153: Peacock twist held by my pair of very short black bone spirally sticks.

tiny_teesha
June 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
237- it was in a folded plait but now it is loose drying for the allocated 3 hours i am allowed :)
After it dries i'm going to just put it in a low pony tail.

n3m3sis42
June 23rd, 2008, 04:53 AM
Day 22: Cinnabun with Quattro Starlites fork.

I've made it for 3 weeks now! The only time I've had it down was Saturday, when I decided to leave it down to dry after washing. I'm enjoying this challenge even though I'm not very creative about styles, because it's helping me avoid going crazy and chopping off all my hair.

Islandgrrl
June 23rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Good morning! Today is Day 208. I have to wash it later so it's in a cinnabun w/Ficcare right now. Will probably be something close to the same when clean.

angelthadiva
June 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Pic of Day 209 and 210

209 was held up by a clippy Day 210 was held up w/a fakkare--This looks much better from the front, so excuse how close I was to the camera...Still trying to figure out where I need to be as far as placement w/the self timer :D

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1626.jpg

Day 211--Scrunchie Bun

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_1628.jpg

Islandgrrl
June 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Angel...your pics are great. I love the day 209/210 picture.

I forgot to add days 206 and 207. Saturday (206) was just a cinnabun with silver hair pin.
Yesterday (207) was much more fun. Asymmetrical twin french braids that met in a bun behind my left ear. Secured with a bunch of little baby claw clippies.

Indigo Girl
June 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Day 8 - Scrunchie bun

AJoifulNoise
June 23rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Day 42 of 60: Cinnabun with my newest stick from Nightshade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June232008Upload018b.jpg

n3m3sis42
June 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Day 23: Cinnabun with Quattro Starlites fork.

tiny_teesha
June 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
238 - My hair is in a cross between a figure 8, bee butt bun and cinnabun!!!! It's what i like to call my random bun- it is held with a clip that looks like maximas clip but it is from a softish plastic.
My hair is soooo soft today!!!-I'm tempted to play with it but i wont!

KaeleyAnne
June 24th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Day 67: Knotted ponytail, with the knot held in place by my sawed-down chopstick.

Day 68: Cinnabun, held up with the chopstick.

Islandgrrl
June 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Day 209: Braid in the morning cuz I have to teach spinning. After the shower, damp bun with hair sticks.

ETA: The plan went awry (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=13240). I ended up with my hair put up with my silver hair pin, planning to braid for spin class. Didn't happen that way. It's up with the silver hair pin in a damp bun.

Aelith
June 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Day 21 of 365 (I've changed it from 30!).

Three weeks in, and I've decided on 365 days instead of 30. It is way to easy for me to grab the blow fryer or flat iron if I leave it down, so I'm wearing it up for a year. End of year, I expect healthier hair, length to be about 24 inches (a little past APL). I may wear it down that whole day (June 3, 2009)!

One thing I've been able to do since I started this challenge is go at least one, sometimes 2 days without a wash. I BBB the oil through the night before I CO the next morning. My hair is very silky feeling (well, stubby pony is, anyway) because of it. :cheese:

Patrycja
June 24th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Day 50 of 60 a banded ponytail

Day 51 of 60 a half up with my length pulled back in a low pony

I'm getting very boring here :( I need to start experimenting and thinking of new do's.

Islandgrrl
June 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome, Aelith, to the wonderful world of the one-year challenge!

After 200+ days, it's more of a challenge for me to wear my hair down. I haven't been able to talk myself into taking a day off yet!!!

Good luck to you, and happy growing!

AJoifulNoise
June 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Day 43 of 60: Dutch braid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June242008Upload006.jpg

It'll probably become a braided bun before the day is done.

Indigo Girl
June 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Day 9 - Sock bun

Magicknthenight
June 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
EDIT: i haven't really been keeping up with this challenge but i have been wearing my hair up most of the time just not counting the days. I'm just wearing it up till it feels right and then I'll wear it down to see the progress :)

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM
239 - in a cinnabun, but it looks like a bee butt held with a fake maximas clip i love! My new favourite hair toy!

n3m3sis42
June 25th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Day 24: Cinnabun with Baerreis stick.

(I tried an equilibrium bun, but it became turdified.)

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Day 211--Harpgal's pinless braided bun.
Day 212--Ponytail (still drying)

ETA: Finally rope braided the length

Aelith
June 25th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Welcome, Aelith, to the wonderful world of the one-year challenge!

After 200+ days, it's more of a challenge for me to wear my hair down. I haven't been able to talk myself into taking a day off yet!!!

Good luck to you, and happy growing!

Thank you! :)

Day 22 of 365: Twisted up with hair clip and then cloth headband thingy to hide the greasies.

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Day 24: Cinnabun with Baerreis stick.

(I tried an equilibrium bun, but it became turdified.)
"turdified"- haha, i like it! :)
I just took the clip out because it is starting to hurt, and my hairdo is still in place- go figure. Lately i've been wearing my hair in a low pony tail encased in a silk sack i made. Tonight i may do the same, or may wear a plait. Or something else, but it is always contained, if i slept with it loose it would suffocate/strangle me!

Islandgrrl
June 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Day 210: No matter what I do this morning, my bun looks like a turd. I can't raise my arms over my head after yesteday's faceplant :( So turd bun it is. With wooden stick of unknown maker.

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Um, does anyone rememeber the day the month challenge started. I have a feeling it was the 8th or 9th of october? Or was it november? Who started with me?? :S
I am making this hard for myself. I am wearing my hair up and not giving my self days off, so i am wearing it up for 365 days, i am minusing days for letting it dry and the 5 occasions i have let it down (weddings and my birthday!)

AJoifulNoise
June 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Day 44 of 60: Braided chinese bun with gifted sticks.

Patrycja
June 25th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Day 52 of 60 since my bigger sockbun is hurting my neck,it's a smaller one.I added my pretty new sticks to it.

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Day 52 of 60 since my bigger sockbun is hurting my neck,it's a smaller one.I added my pretty new sticks to it.

WHAT NO PIC?

Islandgrrl
June 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Um, does anyone rememeber the day the month challenge started. I have a feeling it was the 8th or 9th of october? Or was it november? Who started with me?? :S
I am making this hard for myself. I am wearing my hair up and not giving my self days off, so i am wearing it up for 365 days, i am minusing days for letting it dry and the 5 occasions i have let it down (weddings and my birthday!)

Maybe look in the archives, Teesha...I can't remember :(

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I started on Black Friday, end of November...You were already doing the challenge, and a little ways ahead of me...

I can't remember what I wore yesterday let alone what day I'm on in this challenge...I always look back at my last post to tell me...I swear I must have messed up some place along the line when LHC went down.

ETA: Well, I did some math :D According to my calculations, TODAY IS THE 215TH DAY since I began the challenge...I recorded today as 212; which seems about right, having 3 "down" days.

AJoifulNoise
June 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Day 44 of 60: Take 2. I was fiddling around and I made my first Log Roll. :cheese:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June252008Upload015b.jpg

Indigo Girl
June 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Day 44 of 60: Take 2. I was fiddling around and I made my first Log Roll. :cheese:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June252008Upload015b.jpg

AJoifulNoise, that looks fantastic! I am having *a time* trying to make a successful log roll right now - that's a very inspiring pic for me!

Day 10 - Spent the day transitioning between a super greasy braid and a super greasy bun.

I made the mistake of putting coconut oil on my length (usually I limit it to ends only) last night, thinking I would just wash it out this morning. It sludged up my length -:wail:- so I was a total greaseball at work today *embarrassing*. From now on I will stick to coconut oil on my ends only. Live & Learn.

tiny_teesha
June 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM
240 - weaved plait/braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7485)

angelthadiva
June 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
213--Coiled bun w/shoulder length fringe held up with a clippy.

Patrycja
June 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Day 53 of 60 I bought two really great toys for a dollar a piece yesterday so I have my hair up in a twisty sort of bun held with my pink twisted hair sticks.These things are holding like a dream :crush: :cloud9: I also got my first french twist comb.It was so great when I tried it out.I live right by the store and had no idea they had such cute hair pretties :shocked:

AJoifulNoise
June 26th, 2008, 01:59 PM
AJoifulNoise, that looks fantastic! I am having *a time* trying to make a successful log roll right now - that's a very inspiring pic for me!

Thank you! I've been trying to do it for some time. I am thrilled that I can do it now.

Day 45 of 60: Banded pony.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/June262008Upload002.jpg

Islandgrrl
June 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
What the heck day is it today, anyway? Sheesh...had to go back up and look. Today is Day 211. Started in a single braid for spin class. One hour and a drippy tassel later, I fingercombed it and put it up into a french twist secured with a my burgundy Ficcare. Where it remains until tonight when I wash my hair!

Islandgrrl
June 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM
AJN, your log roll from yesterday was awesome. I must say, overall, your hair is looking fabulous these days!

Smokie
June 27th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Day 154: Three strand braid (done damp, from the middle-back of my head using, I think, Dianyla's method) secured with a black scrunchie.

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:49 AM
That is very pretty

tiny_teesha
June 27th, 2008, 06:40 AM
241 - pony tail.

angelthadiva
June 27th, 2008, 07:13 AM
214--Scrunchie Bun.

n3m3sis42
June 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Day 25: Cinnabun with Baerreis hair fork.
Day 26: Cinnabun with Baerreis hair fork.

"turdified"- haha, i like it!

Hehe, thank you. :D

Islandgrrl
June 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Day 212: I have an oil slick on my head in the shape of a cinnabun. Didn't get to wash it yesterday, so I oiled the heck out of it and will wash tonight.

Sceleste
June 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Day 28.

I've been wearing my hair on a ponytail for the last 3 days. In my mind pony is not an updo but for personal reasons I didn't have time to do anything for my hair except put it on a pony in the morning. I've also been sleeping with my hair loose and haven't done anything that I usually do in the evening, such as scalp massage or oiling for 3 days.

And let me tell you, I can already see what happens if I treat my hair this way.

My ends are very dry and I noticed some new splits. Also my hair's quite tangled - I just tried to comb it but found it impossible. Luckily I have the weekend off so I will do a deep treatment tomorrow and probably a S&D too.

These 3 days have given me new inspiration and energy to keep my hair secured and on an updo every day. A long ponytail looks really good but I don't like what it's doing to my hair. The next time (if there's going to be a next time) I have no time for my hair I will try to put it up, I just need to figure out the easiest bun for me.

AJoifulNoise
June 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM
AJN, your log roll from yesterday was awesome. I must say, overall, your hair is looking fabulous these days!

Thank you! That is very encouraging. I'm going through a phase where I'm rather annoyed with it... But, I'm sure it will pass.

Day 46 of 60: Sloppy cinnabun with clips.

Patrycja
June 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Day 54 of 60 it was in a messy bun(again) with my pink twirly sticks(again) but now its in a higher pony with one of my slides and half way down,I tied a blue elastic around the pony.Different looking but it works.

Smokie
June 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Day 155: Currently in a cinnabun with my fairy lover sticks from Nightshade. Thinking I might change it, but no idea what to. I can't seem to make any other buns work lately and my braid yesterday was very fuzzy (so I coiled it around into a bun because I was embarrassed)... Blargh..

tiny_teesha
June 28th, 2008, 12:53 AM
242 - amorettis lazy stick bun thing

AJoifulNoise
June 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Day 47 of 60: Braided pigtails, as usual. :cool:

KaeleyAnne
June 28th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Days 69-73: A mixture of cinnamon buns, figure-8 buns, inside-out buns, and one French braid.

That takes me up though today. I hadn't posted in awhile! I still have the rest of the summer to go.

Aelith
June 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Day 25 of 365

After COing, I put into braided pigtails and then pinned them up at the base of my head. A little messy, but I feel like I'm channeling my Oma, :p

Yesterday was greasy pony day.

Patrycja
June 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Day 55 of 60 I did a half up and braided that,tospy tailed it.The bottom half,I topsy taled it and left it loose.

Smokie
June 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Day 156: Also, day 8 of a panic attack that won't go away and is progressively getting worse. Cinnabun with the Nightshade fairy sticks again.

Aelith
June 29th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Day 26 of 365

"Channeling my Oma" updo again, this time secured with the requiste 100 bobby pins and my new fakkare that I bought at Target last night.

I'm liking this 'do, and for the first time since I started COing every other day, day two is not greasy at all. Hmmmm. I French braided last night and slept with it like that, wonder if that has anything to do with it? Or maybe scalp has finally adjusted - if so yay! :cheese:

mommy2one05
June 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I am updo challenged.
Please help and thanks!
Do you know of any websites that show updos with instructions? I have dial up so videos don't work for me.
I can sometimes manage: sock bun, cinnamon bun, bee but bun.
I can also do a basic three strand braid and sometimes a french braid.
Oh also a chinese bun but I don't do it often cause I like to use hair pins not sticks.

AJoifulNoise
June 29th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Day 48 of 60: Half up to show off braid waves.

angelthadiva
June 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM
215--Coiled bun
216--Braided Bun

Smokie
June 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Day 157: (day nine of ever-worsening panic attack, think I'm going to try and get in to see a doctor after work in the morning) Cinnabun with bloodwood fork from Etta Mae. DBF is picking me up from work in the morning, so normally I'd just make a loose braid. But I did a honey and cinnamon and EVOO lightening treatment before my shower, so it's feeling kinda dry and crunchy.

AnimaSola3o4
June 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I've been wearing my hair up 95% of the time other than drying, so I guess I'm in too! I used to have a hard time wearing it up, because I had the short hairs in the back, that layer that I shaved off a year ago.... but now that that is shoulder length, it can go up in quite a few different do's. I bought this fakkare type doodad at target, it's dark green and I use it constantly. It's either like that (in kind of a log roll type thing, or I twist like I'm making a bun, then just secure the ends flat against the back of my head with it.) Or I use the ouchless ponytail holders or a scrunchie.

I'm enjoying it because it helps keep it frizz free, untangled, and cleaner and neater. Also I want to wear it up for like 6 months when I'm around people, then all of the sudden I want to put it down in front of them just nonchalantly and see their expression when they see the growth!

I rarely wear it down now, once when I went out a couple weeks ago, and once a few days ago to take photos. But I've been experiencing a lot of 'grabbers' lately, and I figure this is the best way to deter them.

AnimaSola3o4
June 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I've been wearing my hair up 95% of the time other than drying, so I guess I'm in too! I used to have a hard time wearing it up, because I had the short hairs in the back, that layer that I shaved off a year ago.... but now that that is shoulder length, it can go up in quite a few different do's. I bought this fakkare type doodad at target, it's dark green and I use it constantly. It's either like that (in kind of a log roll type thing, or I twist like I'm making a bun, then just secure the ends flat against the back of my head with it.) Or I use the ouchless ponytail holders or a scrunchie.

I'm enjoying it because it helps keep it frizz free, untangled, and cleaner and neater. Also I want to wear it up for like 6 months when I'm around people, then all of the sudden I want to put it down in front of them just nonchalantly and see their expression when they see the growth!

I rarely wear it down now, once when I went out a couple weeks ago, and once a few days ago to take photos. But I've been experiencing a lot of 'grabbers' lately, and I figure this is the best way to deter them.