PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the Curly Girl method for cutting?

Curlsgirl
August 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I think I may just trim my hair by each curl now that it's longer and was trying to remember how Loraine Massey described doing it. Do you take each curl and cut just before the S starts to curl again in an upward slanted cut? Anyone know? I can't find my Curly Girl book.

Dulci
August 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I looked it up, she says she cuts at the beginning of each curl, at the beginning of each C-shape.

I've cut my own hair using this method before, I liked it a lot. :)

Curlsgirl
August 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I looked it up, she says she cuts at the beginning of each curl, at the beginning of each C-shape.

I've cut my own hair using this method before, I liked it a lot. :)

Thanks Dulci! Do you cut straight across the curl or slanting the scissors up a bit?

Dulci
August 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
oh right, sorry!

Let's see. In the pictures the scissors are slanted.

Curlsgirl
August 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks again! I may do this tonight. My hair is blunt cut so it shouldn't take too long.

Dulci
August 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I bet it turns out great. Hope you take before and after pictures!

Curlsgirl
August 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Hmmmmm, didn't think of before! DH is sick or I would get him to do it. I am awful with pics. :o

Curlsgirl
August 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Well I did it last night! It really does look a lot better! Not sure if I did it exactly right. I just took a clump of curls and cut each one the closest to the end that it looked like the "C" was starting. I worked around the hem of all my hair. I probably missed some, may look back at it next time I wash. BUT it sure cleaned it up a lot and it seems to lay better at the end :cheese: It didn't really change the length either!