PDA

View Full Version : ahh..... sometimes you just gotta oil!

Kirin
March 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Just had to post the luscious ahhh moment of it. Hair feeling icky and not happy, slathered with my favorite V7 Carrot oil, and the whole head of hair seems to sigh happy LOL.

Sometimes it just takes so little to make it like me again ::glee::

ChloeDharma
March 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Just had to post the luscious ahhh moment of it. Hair feeling icky and not happy, slathered with my favorite V7 Carrot oil, and the whole head of hair seems to sigh happy LOL.

Sometimes it just takes so little to make it like me again ::glee::

Ah i can really relate! I almost think of my oils as bottles of hope! When i'm not happy with my hair and i smother the oil on it feels lovely and my focus goes from moody to thinking about the good the oil is doing. :)

Neon Gloss
March 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yupp! I've got oil on my hair right now. On the inside it's driving me nuts because I can't stand looking at myself with this hair, but it's all good.

Curlsgirl
March 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yes! I love my oil too! I dipped my ends in water and then coconut oil today and it feels SO soft and silky tonight! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

KateMcC
March 16th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I have had mixed results with oiling, so I'm curious as to the details of application. Do you apply it to dry or wet hair, before or after washing? How much oil do you use? I am having a lot of trouble with the frizz/halo effect...does oiling help with that? How often you apply oils?

Thanks for any and all specific information you might share.

Carina
March 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I apply my oil after washing when it's a bit damp.When I do heavy oiling I leave it in for 12-24 hours and wash it out with cwc.I don't know how many light oilings that turned heavy instead:o;).

Kirin
March 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
When i oil i use one single drop, rubbed through my hands and smooth it through my dry hair at night, then bbb through. Feels soooooooo good, and i wash it out in the morning. I had to play with a lot of oils to find one that worked. the ONLY oil i found to work on my fine baby hair, was carrot oil. Others, even coconut seemed to just "sit on" my hair, carrot seems to get "sucked in", its a beautiful thing.

I also add a drop to my bottle of shampoo and shake. Makes the shampoo lovely.

xrosiex
March 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I oil everyday. After washing while my hair is damp I oil the ends with Jojoba oil. And again at night I mist from my ears down and oil again. Days I dont wash I mist and oil.

spidermom
March 17th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I have recently discovered that my hair responds beautifully to a heavy olive oiling the day before washing it. It seems to absorb a lot of the oil, and after washing it's so smooth and silky and spiral-curly. Until discovering this, I would only very lightly coconut-oil the length while damp after washing and the ends every night or so before bed. Now I do both.

starsaphire
March 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
My biggest concern with oiling the night before a wash is that I can't always predict that I'm going to have time to wash that day. I am totally in love with doing it when I can pull it off though.

Me, I use Kimberlily's Hair Butter (which is mostly coconut oil, with a little jojoba, shea and EOs) and I use just a fingertip's worth rubbed into the ends, before I comb my wet hair out after Conditioner-Only washing. The trouble with that is, I have to comb out the "bottom half" and then let it wait for a bit for most of the oils to absorb before I comb out the "head half" of my hair. or it can look a bit stringy around my temples. Usually I comb out the bottom half before I get dressed and then comb out the rest (with a different comb) on the morning train, and that's enough time. Hair is still damp but most of the oil has sucked into the damaged ends, where I want it, and very little is going up the healthy roots toward my scalp.

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

- starsaphire

wintersun99
March 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM

loves2spin
March 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Well, now I'm holding my breath. Let us know what you think, wintersun99 !

Elenna
March 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I do a CWCC. When I have time, I oil with coconut oil and conditioner as first condition. Then I wash and condition again. Afterwards, I put a bit of conditioner, shea butter and several oils on my damp hair. This WORKS for me. The result is soft and silky hair.

I wish that I had known about oils before that there are natural oils that work wonders on you hair.

Kirin
March 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I oil every night, and heavily at least two nights a week, and leave it in all night overnight and wash out in the morning..... mmm, feels so good LOL

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I do a deep oil about once a fortnight and i leave it on sometimes the whole weekend if im not going out. My favorites are sweet almond oil and coconut oil mixed sometimes with castor oil, it washes out fine but i do find my hair looks better, after the next wash. I always put it on dry hair but im going to try it on damp hair.

KateMcC
March 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
WOW, so many choices and options, and opportunities for experiment. Thanks to all of you who shared what works for you. I'm on spring break, and it may be a good time to get oily.;)

Kirin
March 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
LOL yes i dont highly recommend oiling before going anywhere, i tend to look incredibly greasy

GlassEyes
March 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
LOL yes i dont highly recommend oiling before going anywhere, i tend to look incredibly greasy

Heh, and that's why I love putting my hair up.

I've found that as long as it isn't in your face or around you, no one will notice or care if your hair is greasy even in a ponytail, especially if your hair is curly like mine. xD I can't tel you how many times I've heavily oiled my hair, put it up and slicked it back and actually gotten hair COMPLIMENTS on it. :cheese:

Woo, first time using the cheese emoticon. xD

wintersun99
March 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Sophrosyne
March 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I recently discovered coconut oil, and my hair absolutely loves it! I usually fingercomb a couple of drops into the length every night before bed, but now I'm experimenting with heavy oiling (overnight or just before a wash) to see how that works. :D