PDA

View Full Version : Well this is strange.....

Shanarana
August 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I want to gather some shed hairs for a strand test for when I henna. I can't seem to get any shed now at all :eye:.....and when I don't want shed, I sure get plenty of it. How strange is that. Go figure. :confused:

yrrebwartsymssi
August 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
lol that is strange... it seems like when i want to show my mom "how much im shedding" i cant get a single strand to come out

sipnsun
August 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Maybe you could look in your BBB if you use one. I always have plenty of hair there, certainly enough for a strand test.

Silver & Gold
August 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I don't shed on a regular basis at all. I keep reading about the average person losing about 100 hairs a day. Even when I comb or brush my hair out I have trouble getting even one or two shed hairs. When I mermaid soak I will only find a hair or two in the tub if I'm lucky.
What happens to me instead is that I seem to go for long periods of time without shedding any hair to speak of at all and then I go through a month or two of fairly heavy shedding. I definitely have a shedding cycle. I'm going to make note of the next time I shed and see if there is a pattern. I believe I tend to shed in the fall but I don't think I shed every fall, it seems to me to be every few years in the fall.
Anyway I would have a difficult time collecting shed hairs right now too, so I know what you mean.

Isilme
August 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
look at your floor...I have a light wooden floor and bright red hair, I always have somewhere to look:P

Shanarana
August 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM
look at your floor...I have a light wooden floor and bright red hair, I always have somewhere to look:P

I am in rooms with carpet mostly, and the only time I know there is shed hairs there is when I vacuum and can smell it. YUCK.