PDA

View Full Version : And suddenly, I get hair forks!

trillian
October 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM
This is a completely gratuitous post.

I know you guys keep chattering about hair forks, and how they are worth it, but quite frankly, up until this point, I've been all "eh, They are expensive, and my hair is straight! Straight, I tell you, and it spits everything out."

So yeah. I don't know it this is because my hair's finally long enough to handle it, or I've finally figured out how they work. But color me excited, because suddenly, I "get" hair forks. Lazy wrap bun, both off center and accomplished! Next task... figure out the single hair stick...

This fork brought to you by the lovely Calaelen, courtesy of our summer gift swap...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8192/8078703501_50aec5af1f.jpg

kdaniels8811
October 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Beautiful fork and bun!

Chimom79
October 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Love it! I have no forks, but I look forward to the day I have one or two! I'm so glad you "get" them! :thumbsup:

Calaelen
October 11th, 2012, 09:04 PM
This is a completely gratuitous post.

I know you guys keep chattering about hair forks, and how they are worth it, but quite frankly, up until this point, I've been all "eh, They are expensive, and my hair is straight! Straight, I tell you, and it spits everything out."

So yeah. I don't know it this is because my hair's finally long enough to handle it, or I've finally figured out how they work. But color me excited, because suddenly, I "get" hair forks. Lazy wrap bun, both off center and accomplished! Next task... figure out the single hair stick...

This fork brought to you by the lovely Calaelen, courtesy of our summer gift swap...

How lovely! :D thanks for the honourable mention. As for single sticks, I find they do amazingly well in the infinity bun, the figure 8, and the hypno bun!!

Juanita
October 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Love my favorite hairfork. Just a cheapy from Bali but sturdy and smooth. Holds my hair rock solid.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 12th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I just looove my 60th st forks, they hold wonderfully!

afu
October 12th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I LOVE hairforks. When i first joined LHC I never thought i'd 'get' sticks and forks. First came the single hairstick, but i searched for an alternative because i was worried about poking SO! My first forks didn't work for me at all and have since been on the swap board. Most of my forks now are grahtoe with a couple of 60th street and a WAJ thrown in and they work amazingly for me, OruAka's style just didn't suit me. For me, brand matters (not in a snobby way, but in a 'what suits your hair and head' kind of way).

MasCat
October 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
My first fork is a two prong Spellstone Talis and I like the way it holds :)

jacqueline101
October 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I don't have forks but I have a pair of large combs.

rock007junkie
October 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I love that fork!

Delila
October 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I do think having at least three tines makes a big difference, though. At shorter lengths, I did fine with just two, but now, I think a third tine helps make a more stable, secure updo.

Helen W
October 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ohh that looks good, maybe I should investigate?

Sarahlabyrinth
October 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I do have three hairsticks but I find that so far it is not easy for me to get anything to hold firmly with them, so at the moment, forks are the firm favourite!

thatcrazychick
October 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM

I love the shape of it!

lapushka
October 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Gorgeous. :D

Elanadi
October 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I started using hair sticks several months ago (thanks to LHC!) and have used them almost exclusively since! I mostly do infinity or equilibrium buns with them, I'm still working on learning others, but the sticks are just so fast and easy! I am going to invest in a fork one day. :)

MORE
October 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Beautiful! More more more!