PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Mehndi?

GoldLady
August 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I placed an order with Everyday Mehndi on July 28, they charged my card July 29. I did receive an order confirmation email on the 28th.

I have emailed them four times at every email address they have on their site under 'contact us' to check the status of my order and have received no reply.

I finally tried calling the phone number on their site and it has been disconnected.

Has anyone else ordered anything recently and found Everyday Mehndi to be a problem?? I am not sure at what point I should dispute the charges.

ruby_tuesday
August 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I placed an order with Everyday Mehndi on July 28, they charged my card July 29. I did receive an order confirmation email on the 28th.

I have emailed them four times at every email address they have on their site under 'contact us' to check the status of my order and have received no reply.

I finally tried calling the phone number on their site and it has been disconnected.

Has anyone else ordered anything recently and found Everyday Mehndi to be a problem?? I am not sure at what point I should dispute the charges.

They're doing some reorganizing- says so on their site. Hope you'll receive your order soon. :)

lawyermom
August 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I was curious so went and took a look -I saw that reorganizing paragraph, but it says to help compensate for the inconvenience, they're giving away free samples for some orders through.... 2006.

I'm not sure how long ago you emailed and how long it's been since receiving no reply. If it were me, and it were a company I had no experience with, I would wait no more than one week before contacting my credit card company.

mellie
August 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I remember some other folks here having issues with them as well. I hope that you get your products and they come soon!

GoldLady
August 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Oh boy. I remember hearing relatively good things about them on LHC, but I guess that was a long time ago. Such a pain in the rear to work with these vendors that won't communicate.

Guess I'll go ahead and dispute.
:mad:

Ursula
August 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I just went and checked the archives on this, because I remember it as an issue a few years ago. The owner (Maureen) died in 2006. Since then, I believe others have tried to continue the business, but there hasn't been much at all in the way of activity.

I suggest you get a refund from your credit card company, and either order from Catherine or another supplier which has a good, recent reputation at LHC, or buy at a local Indian store.

Credit card charges and confirmation e-mails can be automated, so they don't mean much, if the human end of a business is no longer there.

wintersun99
August 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh boy. I remember hearing relatively good things about them on LHC, but I guess that was a long time ago. Such a pain in the rear to work with these vendors that won't communicate. Guess I'll go ahead and dispute. :mad:

Ah, you have such beautiful golden blonde hair (is that you in the avatar?) are you sure you want to Henna it?

GoldLady
August 11th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Thank you Ursula for checking the archives. I'm sorry to hear the owner passed. I wonder if they could just deactivate their site somehow.

I actually had some herbs other than henna on order from them. I have had good results with tea rinses of marshmalllow root and chamomille and also wanted to try Arnica. I have an Earth Fare not to far which I usually get my herbs from, but they were out and I thought I'd try Mehndi, but guess I'll stick with the Fare from now on.

As a side note, I've tried high quality Cassia Obovata from Mehandi.com and found it to darken and ever so slightly redden my hair color. I had not really heard of anyone getting any red tones from Cassia before. Odd. :rolleyes: