PDA

View Full Version : cowlick and side bangs

yvsa
October 5th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I have a question for you guys. I have had straight across bangs for all my life and now i'm in for a change.:D I'd like to grow out my bangs a bit and go for side bangs. But I have a small cowlick on the left side of my bangs. So my question is: do I have to make the side-part on the side were the cowlick is or on the other side to make it look nice?

elea
October 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM
i would use it to start the parting

biogirl87
October 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
You could also use hair clips to just clip it in with the rest of your hair (except your bangs) until it grows out.

soniqui
October 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I had this same thing with my hair a few years back. I used the cowlick as a starting place for the part of my side fringe. It's not as far across to the side as a lot of people's fringes seem to part, but it works for me.
Actually, at the moment I'm thinking of switching sides after about 6-7 years, so that the canopy hair near my part can repair and re-grow.
You do whatever feels best for you. I found it very convenient to part where the cowlick was, it depends on your hair.

~honeyflower~
October 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM
What kind of cowlick do you have? -just out of curiousity. I have a spirial cowlick on my left side and and a cowlick that stands up which I use to give my side part a lift.