PDA

View Full Version : Great find for redheads...

kitcatsmeow
October 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I recently embraced my natural (original) strawberry blonde hair after fighting the red for many years with bleach. Well thanks to all the bleaching the red dye slips out of my hair with each wash (even SLS free!)

Well I can't be going to the salon every other week because not only is that waaaay too expensive but way to harsh on my locks. So I researched and picked up Aveda's Madder Root for red tones conditioner as well as the Chamomile conditioner golden tones. I still have a little tweaking to do but they worked great!
My hair was dyed a light coppery orangish red.
I mixed the two with a ration of 2:1 red:gold. It wasn't quite as coppery or orange as I'd like but it definitely helped! I had tons of blonde poking through and the rest was looking brassy. I didn't put enough on my root area either but this was my first time using. I left it on for about 5 minutes.

I'm not crazy about the fact they contain cones but at least it's mostly natural. I followed up with my reg conditioner since I know color depositing ones are not as moisturizing.

Anyway It was almost 20 for a bottle so it's an investment but since I only wash once a week they should stretch a long way and save me a lot of money and my color!