PDA

View Full Version : New Conditioner

AutumnLocks
October 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone! I just got some new conditioner at Wal-Mart over the weekend. Tonight was shampoo night so I got to try out the new conditioner. It is Trese'mme Luxurious Moistrue for dry or damaged hair. It does have "cones". I haven't been using any cones for several months. I use diluted shampoo, VO5 conditioner and a vinegar. Tonight I only shampooed and then used the new conditioner. My hair is dry now and I just have to say that I really like the results.
Oh BTW I had DH to measure for me and I am at 33 inches! I'm very tickled that it seems to be in a growth spurt......:cheese:

Lesiaoc
October 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
That's the exact same conditioner I bought last week and I love it! It's cheap and awesome for detangling . Plus I've read that dimethicone strengthens hair, so there are some benefits to cones. I just believe that the decision to cone or not to cone is strictly a personal preference depending on someone's hair type.

HintOfMint
October 4th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I love trying new conditioners! Nowadays I'm not so strict about whether my conditioner has cones in it or not. Right now I'm using Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly which is pretty coney. Glad to hear you like your new one.

jeanniet
October 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
That's the exact same conditioner I bought last week and I love it! It's cheap and awesome for detangling . Plus I've read that dimethicone strengthens hair, so there are some benefits to cones. I just believe that the decision to cone or not to cone is strictly a personal preference depending on someone's hair type.
Cones don't strengthen hair. They can provide some protection to damaged hair, essentially because they coat the strand and help with roughened cuticle, but the hair itself is unchanged because once the cones are removed the hair is back to the way it was. If hair is very damaged, tangly, etc., and cones help with that (and work with your hair), then using them is fine, but they don't undo damage, for example.

jacqueline101
October 11th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Maybe the cones that are in it help it dry faster because they give your hair a coating the coating repeals water.

biogirl87
October 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Jacqueline, you could be right with that. In June and July of this year, I was washing my hair with moisturizing shampoo (Herbal Essences LTR, which felt moisturizing) and my hair would be completely dry in about an hour. Now that I'm cone free (but I also use conditioner now since my shampoo is the Suave Naturals Soothing Lavender and Lilac), it's taking my hair somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours to completely dry, sometimes more.

Lesiaoc
October 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cones don't strengthen hair. They can provide some protection to damaged hair, essentially because they coat the strand and help with roughened cuticle, but the hair itself is unchanged because once the cones are removed the hair is back to the way it was. If hair is very damaged, tangly, etc., and cones help with that (and work with your hair), then using them is fine, but they don't undo damage, for example.
Yes, "strengthen" was the wrong word to use lol. Once damage is done there's not much you can do to reverse it.