PDA

View Full Version : Remove fenugreek residue from hair?

legendya
October 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hi
I used a fenugreek paste mask about two weeks ago. After I used the fenugreek mask I rinsed well and used Shea moisture raw shea shampoo. Last week I used baking soda with a nettle and ACV rinse to wash my hair. It still feels dry stiff and tangly and smells like fenugreek. My hair feels even more drier if I spray water on it. Im even losing more hair than usual because it's so brittle. My wash day is tomorrow. So I was wondering what I can use to get this residue off.

Iolanthe13
October 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I've never used fenugreek, but you might try CO-washing and then clarifying with SLS shampoo. Follow with a SMT. That has removed some awfully tenacious things from my hair.

Luminaria
October 24th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I've used some clarifying shampoos (sulfate free) and yet that fenugreek scent is STILL there. Especially so when I wet it. The stiffness is going away atleast. I guess fenugreek is permanent. Fenugreek forever...*sigh* u_u.

BTW, how do you move this post to the herbal haircare section?

rock007junkie
October 24th, 2012, 09:26 AM
When I have a similar problem I apply conditioner and leave it on hair for at least half an hour covered. It helps with the smell and the conditioner helps remove the residue of whatever was left.