PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything i can do?

Chanie
October 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
See the thing is,im a model and i just went to a photoshoot yesterday.
The photographer wanted curly hair, so i fried my hair and maked some curls with my flatening iron, i hate myself for doing that!
My hair is very damaged already because of years with bleaching. I have stopped that and i have cutted out SLS, stopped heatdrying and styling (except like yesterday, when i have to) i regularly do deep treatments and so on...
Now to my question! After a nice kevin murphy treatment/masque today my hair is soft and silky, EXCEPT - my ends :( they are like velcro again and i just cut half a centimeter the other day, so i do not want to chop again for a while, is there anything i can do? Something amazing i can dip my ends in or whatever, i need a miracle! ?? :confused:

Madora
October 4th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mineral Oil, also known as baby oil, might help..BUT you only use a drop or two...and it takes time to work. Apply to damp, not soaking wet hair.

CJCHair-stylist
October 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
See the thing is,im a model and i just went to a photoshoot yesterday.
The photographer wanted curly hair, so i fried my hair and maked some curls with my flatening iron, i hate myself for doing that!
My hair is very damaged already because of years with bleaching. I have stopped that and i have cutted out SLS, stopped heatdrying and styling (except like yesterday, when i have to) i regularly do deep treatments and so on...
Now to my question! After a nice kevin murphy treatment/masque today my hair is soft and silky, EXCEPT - my ends :( they are like velcro again and i just cut half a centimeter the other day, so i do not want to chop again for a while, is there anything i can do? Something amazing i can dip my ends in or whatever, i need a miracle! ?? :confused:

Hi there, provided there are no split ends, regular hot oil treatments should help with your ends to prevent them from splitting.

Take some lovely Extra Virgin Olive Oil and warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave - just enough that its lukewarm. Make sure your hair is damp before doing this, its just easier to work with wet. Work the Olive Oil through your hair, concentrating on the ends using only your fingers and pile your hair on your head. Wrap your hair with some plastic wrap or a plastic bag and then put a towel over the plasic bag/wrap. This will create body heat that will increase the absorption of the Olive Oil. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Then rinse your hair first with coldish to lukewarm water. Work a light conditoner (preferably cone-free) through your ends with your fingers. Leave it on for a few minutes, then you take an empty shampoo bottle and fill it 3/4 full with warm water and a generous squirt of shampoo and shake it up. Pour over your head and work through your hair and scalp and it should feel like a really creamy shampoo. Rinse. Repeat if there is still oil in your hair, but the conditioner normally loosens the oil really well. Then Condition as normal and rinse again. Definitely try to do most of your detangling with fingers only or a wide tooth comb if easier while your hair is feeling fragile.

spidermom
October 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Have you tried pre-wash oil soaks? Both coconut oil and olive oil work equally well for me.

If you have some notice, your hair won't suffer as much if you do roller sets. I used to do a loose-ish top-of-head ponytail and roll the ends on sponge rollers. This is the only way I could sleep with rollers, and I got nice curls! Unfortunately they don't last on my current length.

CJCHair-stylist
October 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I second that mineral oil is lovely for ends, I put it on after washing my hair. I use a grand total of three drops for my fine hair, I rub into my hands for ten seconds and them run my hands through my hair and flatten hands together palm to palm over my ends. It really does soften your hair progressively.

Chanie
October 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks ya'll for your answers! I just did the mineral oil thing ( i do that sometimes already) i also do heavy oil soaks often, its just that the iron reallly fried my already split ends yesterday and not just fried, i mean its crazy! I need something that really smoothes out the cuticle i think, but if more oil and treatments wont work, i guess i have to take and inch, just to prevent more damage :( it just makes me so sad ...

jeanniet
October 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately if your ends are really that damaged, there's not much that will help beyond what you've already done. From your picture, you might want to cut about an inch and see if your ends are better then. I know you don't want to cut that much, but if your ends are really damaged they're going to be breaking off anyway. Then do regular protein treatments followed by moisture to help counteract the bleaching damage. The hard thing about bleach damage is that you really have to grow it all out before you see really healthy hair, but doing treatments should help while that is happening.

rock007junkie
October 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Definitely use oils or butters on your ends daily for a while to get back some of that moisture.

Next time you want to get curly hair without having to resort to using heat I suggest you use Curlformers. The curls are wonderful, last a while and you can just airdry them.

Chanie
October 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I have some curlers from kevin murphy, i have tried sleeping with them (wet) and blow dried them in the morning. Did'nt see any curls, even with the iron it is hard for me to make curls that are pretty, and hairdressers had the same problem. Im guessing because my hair is so damaged! And for what i remember, thats what the hairdressers said to... Unfortunately... Now i simply wont do shoots where i need to curl my hair for a while! And they just have to deal with it :)