PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo advice

Martha
August 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Hi,

If I don't shampoo regularly my hair is flat. With "normal" shampoo I can go two days. However, I switched to a new shampoo that is a little kinder to my hair. With it, the hair is flat unless I do it every day or about every 36 hours maximum.

Here are the ingredients. Is there any reason not to use this product every day if that is what makes me hair look good?

Water, coco glucose, organic aloe vera, glycerine, glyceryl oleate, apple cider vinegar, vitamin E, jojoba oil, coocnut oil, chamomile, grapefruit seed extract, essential oils and xantham gum.

Thanks so much!

Anje
August 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM
The ingredients list looks very mild to me. Give it a try!

As your hair gets longer, you can also scalp wash, since the part of your hair that gets dirtiest is usually near the scalp, unless you've been in a particularly dirty environment.

Do you use conditioner?

Martha
August 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
yeah, I use a conditioner from the same people (no cones). The conditioner makes it possible to get a wide tooth comb through the damaged parts!

Curlsgirl
August 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
You might try the CWC washing method too if you need to wash your scalp every day. Slather conditioner all over the ends, then put shampoo on your scalp and massage in and then rinse it all off applying a second conditioner if needed. I also dilute the shampoo but if it doesn't have any sulfate like that one you probably don't need to.

Edited to add: Oops I see your hair is very short. Well you could do the CWC at a later time! :)

Martha
August 11th, 2008, 09:52 AM
LOL! It's not that short. I have to edit my profile. I have no idea how long it really is as I don't have a tape measure! It's just above shoulder length!

Yes, I do CWS sometimes. I think my very gentle shampoo only does so much. But I do like it!

Kati75
August 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Your poo contains just one sugar-based detergent, so it's very mild. So I'd say go for it! There was a time when I used a sugar-detergent poo every day a couple of weeks in a row even without conditioner. My hair was just fine.

If the poo you used before this was a sulfate shampoo, however, then you might want to consider not washing every day, though, even if your hair looks a little oilier for a while. Because usually the scalp gets used to the milder detergents and then goes back to normal if you persistantly keep washing with the new mild poo only every other day. (But as I said if you WANT to wash daily for whatever reason, I don't think it's a problem.)

Hope that helps!