PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles based on face shape or features?

CoveredByLove
October 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
I need some help determining what hairstyle would suit my heart-ish shaped face. I have a high, prominent, rounded forehead that is not wide...just sky scraper high! Lol My chin comes to a neat point. I do not want bangs...I feel like one should embrace what God has given them and not hide it. I want to accept it. With that being said...please do not suggest hairstyles with bangs. And, since we are to refrain from teasing our hair, what bun style should I wear? A high bun? bun in middle of my head? Or a really low bun? I love the clean feeling of sleek styles, but in the past I used to wear my hair poofed. Lol so it's taking a bit of bravery for my to not poof my hair. Lol please help me with your kind suggestions! Thank you! And don't limit it to buns! Let me know what braided styles I should wear!
It would be fun for other face shapes to suggest what they prefer as well!

cwarren
October 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
An everyday hairstyle: Wear a part in your hair (preferably a side part) and try mid-level and low buns. Try not to pull your hair straight back from your face.

Special occasions/ when you want to look spiffy: try rag curls and loose half up, half down hairstyles :)

laceyfairy
October 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
I have a heart shaped face too. I usually wear my hair in one or two braids but I have bangs/long face layers. Honestly, I'd say wear buns wherever feels good to you.