PDA

View Full Version : How does your significant other feel about your hair?

Lesiaoc
October 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm curious to know... Do they love it, touch it all I'm the time, etc.?

My boyfriend loves my hair, and even likes when it gets in his face lol, however I've also had bfs who didn't feel that way. One said he HATED long hair (that's unusual.)

So I'd like to hear how much (or hopefully not little) they love your hair. What's the relationship like between your mane and him/her?

battles
October 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
He likes it. He was unsure at first, but he told me that he really does like it now that he knows what I look like with longer hair. I told him I should be waist length by next year and he seemed really happy. He asked how I knew that, and got even more excited when I told him that I used math. :laugh:

I love his hair too, I just wish he would stop brushing it! He's a 3c/4a and he doesn't like it. :(

Lesiaoc
October 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
My boyfriend has great hair too! Short, but wonderful. His barber gets really excited when he comes in.

Also, because he likes that I'm growing it out, he gives me scalp massages. They feel good but they are way better when you can have someone else do it and sit back and relax. :)

Audhumla
October 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM
My guy likes my hair. When I told him I wanted to grow to waist or hip he was all for it and said that long hair was awesome (he's a keeper :p)
He always says my hair is really soft and he likes stroking it ^_^ but yeah atm it does get in his face or in the way more often than I'd like and I'm sure more than he'd like lol

One time the ends of my hair got under my arm in my armpit and when he went to put his arm around me he didn't know how to feel when he thought I had 2" long flowing 1b armpit hair :p

dwell_in_safety
October 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
My girlfriend loves my hair. She understands fully how much it means to me and finds it beautiful, and she feels very privileged that I let her take my hair down at night and smooth it out because she knows how important it is to me. She will love it at all lengths and in all styles.

hafattack
October 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
He loves it. Loves the color (that's new) and the length. He can't wait until "the ends of it touch your belt and the layers are at your waist" though I dont think my layers are that far apart :D
He is opposite though. Salt and pepper at 24 (I Love that) but has had me shaving his head for a few months now.

mzBANGBANG
October 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair but he loves it more when I attack it with the curling iron, haha. At least he is very fond of my natural color :) I'd do foam curlers but, meh, I like my hair!

HintOfMint
October 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
My very recent former boyfriend liked the look of my hair, but of course hated it when it got in his face during sexy rumpus time.

Surprisingly enough, he'd comment positively when it is up in a bun and away from my face.

mallorykay13
October 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
DBF loves my hair and encourages me to grow it. He doesn't touch it though. He wants me to grow it however long I please. He also discourages me using heating tools on it, which is kind of cool. He's a WO guy. Speaking of which (slight hijack) he's been having some (serious) dandruff issues.. Anyone have some advice? PM me?

cwarren
October 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
My BF of 7 years wishes I would keep my hair at APL. He says he's "not into long hair", but he will respect whatever I want to do with it. He listens to my rants without commenting when my hair isn't acting right and compliments it when I do a nice style. He also knows about my involvement with the LHC and doesn't discourage my pursuit of longer hair.

So I respect his feelings, but I want my long hair!

P.S. He has beautiful 3b/M/ii hair :) He grew it out for me once, but has been keeping it short in the summer. He also lets me bush it when it grows out even though he doesn't care how it looks. Overall, he's very supportive of my hair interest.

dulce
October 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
My hubbie loves my silver hip length hair,so I feel lucky,it'd be awful if he didn't.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 1st, 2012, 08:19 PM
My DH says he likes my hair much better now that I am an LHCer as it now looks nice and has shine, which it didn't before. I asked him if he ever gets the urge to run his hands through it. "No".
(sigh). Not a hair person then...I wish he would love to stroke my hair....

Lesiaoc
October 1st, 2012, 10:13 PM
Haha! I'm definitely using "sexy rumpus time" in the future.

I've never really held it against anyone for not being all that interested, but it is nice when they give special attention to something that is important to you. In this case, hair.

bunnylake
October 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
I think he likes it.
He better.

Quahatundightu
October 2nd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Mine always says he doesn't care if I'm bald :P But my hair was one of the first things he noticed about me and he puts up with all my hair chatter and "should I trim again?" questions. So he's happy with it but more on the side of "I like YOU, I don't care what you do with your hair"

He really likes me cutting his hair though, a good side effect of my hair obsession :D

melusine963
October 2nd, 2012, 01:55 AM
My SO likes long hair, but he doesn't understand the maintenance that goes into it. He doesn't understand why I can't wear it loose, why I only wash it once a week, why I can't just share the same shampoo with him, or why I have to use coconut oil as a detangler. I blame his stylist friend who's convinced him that hair won't grow properly unless you wash it every two days. :crazyq:

Tota
October 2nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
Mine adores my hair almost as much as I do. It took years for him to convince me "dare" to stop dyeing and cutting it and just let it be. I'm so happy I listened.

Addy
October 2nd, 2012, 02:13 AM
I am a couple months shy of waist length and my husband asks me all the time to get a short and sassy cut and I tell him NO WAY! He never badgers me about it and he respects my long hair wishes but I know deep down, he would love for me to chop it off! He will also play with it when we lay down to go to sleep too which I love! :)

MonaLisa
October 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
He really loves it! :) Supportive of all my goals so far...there's no such thing as 'too long' for him, at least yet..
He tells me never to cut it..(sorry lol, I'm trim addict)...and really objects recent bangs idea..
Wouldn't mind any color at all though, and doesn't understand concept of damage..
And he often touches it and plays with it while giving compliments :o
I adore his too, it's just so perfect! :)

We have good hair relationship lol :D physical in general..too.
Now the actual relationship does need some fixing...

starry
October 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
my husband to be loves how happy growing it makes me. he didnt want me to chop off the dye damage and misses the length but understands and agrees that growing it from the shag to shoulders is the most exciting part as once its long its long... now's the exciting part. He also agrees that once it's quite long he will adore it. He wants it down for our wedding which is in 6 months... he loves the virgin colour and my s wave texture.. all in all.. positive things. yay :)

AutumnLocks
October 2nd, 2012, 02:28 AM
One time before I decided to let it grow, my sweet husband told me this: Honey you can wear your hair any way you want, you know that, my only request is that you not cut it all off short. I think when we first met it was short. Not quite a pixie but short layers. He encourages me to color my hair back to a more vivid red. He has a thing for plus size redheads, think Wynona Judd. When I show him pictures of women with ankle length hair he will say...That's just too much hair! You don't need yours THAT long! I would have to agree with that. I'm thinking classic will be my goal.

frogs
October 2nd, 2012, 03:44 AM
My boyfriend has beautiful hair (about BSL, not that that is measurable as he is not wearing a bra...) and he is excited about me growing my hair long! :) He likes my henna-red-ish colour aswell :)

jacqueline101
October 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Mine loves long hair and wants me to grow it out.

kallarina
October 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
I certainly feel a bit out of place in this one. My DBF doesn't like my hair as long as it is. He used to constantly tell me to cut it off to collarbone length. I hated it. I don't tell him what to do with his hair. He also doesn't like my hair dark. He would prefer blonde, I think. One time, I really badgered him about it, and he said in his mind, blondes and brunettes are equal, it's just black and red hair that he hates (I used to dye my hair black). Now that I'm growing out my natural light brown color, he is happy with it (so he says).
Finally, the last time he told me I should get it cut, I flew into an angry, raging fit. I told him I've had enough with it, and if he wants a girlfriend with short hair that he needs to go date someone else, because my hair now is the shortest it will ever be again. I also told him that it's my hair, I love it, and he needs to quit making me feel unattractive by telling me what I *should* look like. He apologized, and now tells me how gorgeous my hair is when I take it down, he touches it a lot, tells me pretty much every day that it's "so super long", and even brushed and braided it for me before bed one night.
That, ladies, is how you handle an unsupportive boyfriend. :p

akilina
October 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I do know that he loves the idea of me with very long hair.

He doesn't think my hair is anything special, I am sure.
Its not long enough, and its not really even pretty. I have an unflattering cut and my hair is just thin and will never be called "beautiful" IMHO.

elbow chic
October 3rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Indifferent. He's not into hair.

fairhairedthing
October 3rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
He likes long hair, but hates LHC-long. Anything below BSL is actually gross to him, but he doesn't want to control me and loves me no matter what, so it's ok. He himself has halfway to APL straight hair that he dyes black and cassias over, so he understands hair care well. :)

Aeris
October 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
He loves it! He thinks it smells really good and has even braided it for me before :D I am very lucky. I remember on our very first date (which was kinda blind), he told me he liked it. I was proud because that was the first time I successfully used my Caruso rollers. :p

Also, he thinks it looks awesome when I wear hairsticks.

joflakes
October 3rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
I certainly feel a bit out of place in this one. My DBF doesn't like my hair as long as it is. He used to constantly tell me to cut it off to collarbone length. I hated it. I don't tell him what to do with his hair. He also doesn't like my hair dark. He would prefer blonde, I think. One time, I really badgered him about it, and he said in his mind, blondes and brunettes are equal, it's just black and red hair that he hates (I used to dye my hair black). Now that I'm growing out my natural light brown color, he is happy with it (so he says).
Finally, the last time he told me I should get it cut, I flew into an angry, raging fit. I told him I've had enough with it, and if he wants a girlfriend with short hair that he needs to go date someone else, because my hair now is the shortest it will ever be again. I also told him that it's my hair, I love it, and he needs to quit making me feel unattractive by telling me what I *should* look like. He apologized, and now tells me how gorgeous my hair is when I take it down, he touches it a lot, tells me pretty much every day that it's "so super long", and even brushed and braided it for me before bed one night.

I'm with you on that one!

My boyfriend likes short hair. Like, REALLY short...around chin length or shorter. He said that he likes longer hair but only when people 'do stuff with it and it is styled'. Apparently that just means making sure it looks nice and not leaving it like a rat's nest! Luckily I can do that. I did just kinda tell him that I'm growing it long and he said he doesn't mind. Honestly though he has been with me through hair super short to SL and he still loves me just the same. I'm still me on the inside!

piffyanne
October 4th, 2012, 12:32 AM
My DBF is indifferent as to length, although he thinks anything past fingertip will be too long, as I'm so small that it'll start dwarfing me.

He tried suggesting I stop growing it now I'm here, but I gave him an earful about how it was MY head, and that if he wanted to date ME he'd put up with what I decided to do, even if that meant floor-length.

He listens patiently to my rants, "allows" me to buy hairtoys even though he's placed an "embargo" on them (I was spending waaaaay too much: hemorrhaging money, in fact, he's applying the handbrakes because I apparently can't right now.), compliments my hair when I do complicated styles (he was impressed by rope braids the other day. :oops:), and heartily approves of my tendency towards trying to dissect Vintage hairstyles.

He hasn't said any more on the Your Hair Might Be Getting Too Long front, although he's put in a tentative question about how long I intend to allow the Fairytales to run unchecked.

I like 'em, but they'll probably start being a straight hemline once I get to knee. I've still got a year to think about that. :)

BabyFirefly
October 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
My DBF is my hairdresser, he helps me with trims and tomorrow he is gonna help me henna my hair. He is also the one who takes all my length pictures and measures it for me. So I would say he is supportive, but he doesn't notice if I have a new bun or a new kind of braid. In his world there are just "bun" and "braid". But he likes my hair long, and he loves it when I leave it down. He doesn't touch it that much though, but I think that is because I wouldn't let him when my hair was shorter and I didn't want him to mess it up.

(please forgive any spelling mistakes, I've just gotten up and english isn't my strong side in the morning)

meishkamooshka
October 4th, 2012, 12:59 AM
My boyfriend likes my hair a lot, but he doesn't like it in his face! Haha! He likes it when it's wavy, down, or in a messy bun.

4C4rly4
October 4th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I have hair that's almost to my waist, and my boyfriend says I should cut it to my shoulders because it will look cute. lol, I told him I'm not gonna do that cuz I've been growing it for way too long and for once I'm going to stick to my goal of Classic length hair!

CaughtRedHeaded
October 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Good question...My bf doesn't like my hair. He ALWAYS pretends to cut it with his imaginary finger scissors. He wishes I would cut it to my hip bone. When someone stops me to ask me a question or comment on my hair he gets annoyed. Keep in mind I don't encourage the conversation any further than to be polite and thank them with a smile and continue walking. When I tell him some guys love hair just like other guys like butts or boobies he doesn't even believe me. *shrugs* Oh well haha Anyone else?

4C4rly4
October 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM

LOL that's awesome. I'm glad you told him off. You're right - if he doesn't like you for you, then he can go find someone else. Obviously he realized what he has is great, and he's gonna accept you the way you are. Good for you :) :cheese:

Lalital
October 4th, 2012, 03:40 AM
My BF encourages my hair growth. He's seen pictures of it mid-thigh length and knows I lost it under very sad circumstances and want it long, desperately. I asked him how long he would like my hair to be and he said "to the floor!" Never too long for him. He takes my monthly hair photos and loves how soft it is.
He doesn't touch it much though cause he's a guy and doesn't quite understand that some touches damage it, like rubbing my back when we cuddle and velcroing my hair against my clothes - he gets into trouble when he does that so he just doesn't touch it unless I say, "feel how soft it is" - it's like he needs permission :D He's starting to understand how to stroke it safely :p

Vanille_
October 4th, 2012, 04:04 AM
DH likes my hair but not really my obsession with it. He likes when I leave it down but that's rare because I don't like the feeling of it down. I guess too many years working as a waitress with it up. He plays with it because he knows I like that. Otherwise he is mostly ambivolous. He doesn't want it past hip but he wouldn't force me to cut it.

cathair
October 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Mine has much longer hair than me, his is probably tailbone and has been even longer, so he can't really complain. He does nothing to it, washes it only with water, never trims it barely uses a brush. He detangles with his hands and I can often hear it making a ripping sound that makes me feel sick. It doesn't feel fair, if I did that to my hair it wouldn't tolerate it at all. I don't begrudge his hair though :D it is lovely and I get to play with it. I think he thinks his hair is much better than mine, but I try to make pride in the fact that my hair is probably is slightly better condition.

I had one boyfriend who hated longer hair once. I only had BSL hair at the time and he couldn't tolerate it. He used to nag me about it every time he saw me. But he also hated make-up, skirts shorter than knee length etc. I think with him it was a control issue, he needed to feel like he has some sort of control over me, by attempting to make me look how he wanted. Needless to say we didn't last very long. Funny thing was, he liked long hair on men, but didn't have the balls to grow his own.

Green Eyes
October 4th, 2012, 05:17 AM
my other half prefers my hair long lol when we first met it was BSL but box dye red and he hated the colour. Ive since dyed it back and left it and he loved it but chopped it to chin length this time last year and i relised how much he hated short hair lol, i may have to chop it again to get rid of my dye and i dont think he be happy lol

Oksana
October 4th, 2012, 05:50 AM

Just brilliant :D

My OH loves long hair and doesn't think my hair is anywhere near long enough. Despite this, he doesn't understand my need to trim away my damage and layers. He thinks it is completely counter-productive and refuses to listen to my reasoning.

Also, his ex had long hair (hip I think) so in a weird way when I ask whether he thinks my hair is getting long I always think he is lying and comparing mine to hers. I need to get over this!

Bianca
October 4th, 2012, 06:45 AM
He does not touch/brush it or anything. But he prefers everything natural, so he loves that I do not dye my hair, thats about it :) Other than that, I dont think he gives a damn, if I cut it or style it a certain way...

shutterpillar
October 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM
My husband loves it, and is actually the one that encouraged me to grow it. Of course he would love me and find me attractive no matter how I wear my hair (when we began dating, it was cut into a shag), but I do think he has a fondness for extra-long hair. :)

He touches it every so often when we are laying in bed and I have my head on his shoulder. He has brushed it for me before as well.

Lesiaoc
October 4th, 2012, 08:46 AM
My SO takes my hair out of its updo almost as soon as I get home from work. He really likes it down and likes touching it but always gently, he's never once pulled at it the wrong way. But then when we go to sleep and he's grumpy in the middle of the night he constantly blows it out of his face and tries to get away from it. Since that wasn't the best thing for my hair anyway, I started wearing a satin cap last night and he seemed much more content.

MrsGuther
October 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
My husband loves my hair. He is very happy I've been letting it grow super long! :) He thinks my hair is sexy. Score! ;)

northernsky
October 4th, 2012, 10:05 AM
My fiance will tell me if it feels softer after a deep oil treatment or something, and he has helped me henna my hair and wrap it up in saran wrap. Other than that, he pretty much just lets me do my own thing. In return, I let him wear his hair in a mullet like his idol, MacGyver. :rolleyes:

Mamiberisha
October 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
My husband helped me choose my goal length. Originally I was aiming for waist, but I was looking through pictures and asked him which he liked better waist or hip and he was all for hip length. So hip length here I come!

nena_shawty
October 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
My boyfriend loves it that Im growing it long and he can't wait until I completly grow the henna out of my hair . He's never seen my natural haircolor. everynow and then he asks if my hair has grown anymore . I love it that he loves my hair longer , and he loves braids !

minxe
October 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
My boyfriend loves it! He's learning how to braid it and it's sooooo cute.

Ephemeral
October 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hubby loves long hair; I am the first woman he dated that didn't have at least BSL. He thinks it's funny that I waited until I was close to 50 to try and grow it out. But if not now, then when? And he is definitely benefiting from all the hair knowledge that I have picked up here - he gets oil scalp massages and CO washes with ACV rinse

Ligeia_13
October 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I honestly don't think he cares at all. He's seen it up, down, half-up, straight, curly. He never says a word. Except once when I had a crown braid and he told me I looked like an old biddy :p

jeanniet
October 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I really don't know because I've never asked him. It's my hair, so if he doesn't like it, too bad for him. :D I know he doesn't hate it (because he's not very good at hiding that), but I'd guess he doesn't love it just because hair isn't really his thing one way or the other. If I like it, then that's usually good enough for him. He does like the hair toys, though!

Isa Ferrara
October 4th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Out at lunch the other day, my SO asked what I was planning on doing with my hair. I'm currently growing out a pixie and I'm at CL. Woo! I henna over light brown hair, and it's a gorgeous auburn.

He loves it. The best part right now is that it doesn't get caught and pulled under arms (or legs...) in bed.

So when he asked I pointed to a girl with BSL and said that's the next step. He said "wow, that's long!" and I laughed...he didn't know me when I had WL. He's super chill about it and said he'd love it that length though.

I henna'd the other night and timed it to get in the shower when he called me on his way home from work...he didn't call me because he said he wanted to see the mud on my head! Too bad ;) he got to see it all fresh and coppery, and made me go stand in the sun the next morning so he could be all excited about it. He loves my hair and thinks coloring with henna is the absolute coolest thing ever.

Lesiaoc
October 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Out at lunch the other day, my SO asked what I was planning on doing with my hair. I'm currently growing out a pixie and I'm at CL. Woo! I henna over light brown hair, and it's a gorgeous auburn.

He loves it. The best part right now is that it doesn't get caught and pulled under arms (or legs...) in bed.

So when he asked I pointed to a girl with BSL and said that's the next step. He said "wow, that's long!" and I laughed...he didn't know me when I had WL. He's super chill about it and said he'd love it that length though.

I henna'd the other night and timed it to get in the shower when he called me on his way home from work...he didn't call me because he said he wanted to see the mud on my head! Too bad ;) he got to see it all fresh and coppery, and made me go stand in the sun the next morning so he could be all excited about it. He loves my hair and thinks coloring with henna is the absolute coolest thing ever.
Lol! I'm sitting here with the mud pile in my hair, hennaing for the first time, and my BF is super excited too. He doesn't get to see it until tomorrow but he keeps asking me how its going. This will be the first time he sees me with red hair, so far he's seen black, brown, and dark blonde.

Nellon
October 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
these stories are so sweet :) Thanks for sharing everyone! Put a big smile on my face :)

lunalocks
October 12th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I have a very supportive DH. He loves my hair and used to get worried when I had to get a trim. I finally stopped telling him and he wouldn't notice it was shorter. He likes it up or down, straight or curled. But he likes my braid the best.

Agnieszka
October 12th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I wish he liked my hair. DH like my hair bob short (which I know I look good in but I don't like it I feel it's not sexy, not what I want really) and he likes me bleached blond. I want to grow my hair and few days ago I put henndigo on it and I love it so much. Wish he would accept me as I am now. Hopefully he will over time.

I would love to have middle back length hair, slightly v-shaped, brown, shiny and healthy. He can be quite pushy and annoying when my hair is slightly longer than middle neck length. He can joke about it, then begs me to cut them, he can be angry with me and be quite rude about my hair, then he can say please honey go to hairdresser. He will use any strategy, and he reminds me to cut them every single day... I mean he really loves me bob style. And I did it for him for the last six years! I'm sick of blond bob now :-) I really don't like it ladies.

My hair is almost at the shoulder length now and chocolate brown. I said, please accept it I really want to have longer hair. He is not happy. He tells me now I don't look my best. Not easy... I don't really need any advice, I'll be strong this time and will do with my hair what I want. I just pray he will like me this way.

LadyTheta
October 13th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Lesiaoc;[/B]2320268]I'm curious to know... Do they love it, touch it all I'm the time, etc.?

My boyfriend loves my hair, and even likes when it gets in his face lol, however I've also had bfs who didn't feel that way. One said he HATED long hair (that's unusual.)

So I'd like to hear how much (or hopefully not little) they love your hair. What's the relationship like between your mane and him/her?

__________________________________________________ _____

Re: SO ...
We've known each other since I was 20, very long hair (worn 'straight' a la 1960s ;) & he was 23, a martime ship captain, long shoulder length black hair.
We're now in our 60s, my hair is still very long , below-waist, worn mostly au naturel,
i.e. wurly-wild --- and all-over evenly-graying, tho' my blond is darkening ---wish it'd all go 'platinum/silver!!) :cheese: That'd be great for me. A happy dance !!

He's still got a full head of gorgeous silver hair, albeit neatly cut super-short, i.e. "Captain-shipshape-short" --- (no balding, no thinning) = he's become a greatlooking silverhaired fox !! :cool: I love it.
And he loves my still-being-a-lifelong-verylonghaired-lady. Best, we love one another regardless, are grateful to have full heads of hair! and all our memories of the decades we've shared, from the 1960s up to present. :rolleyes:

Cap'n Law is a very good man indeed. He still appreciates me a very fine woman.
(Mind you: He's largely on-the-water, e.g. 30 days-on/30days-off. BTW, 'Absence' in our case 'works well' for us , i.e. older, fully matured, independent-minded lifelong. :o

Best to you, each and all!

Theta ;)

Carolyn
October 13th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I don't know what he thinks and I really don't care. It's my hair. He's never said anything about it in over 35 years and I've never asked his opinion. My hair is about me and he doesn't factor in to what I do with it.

TruePenny
October 13th, 2012, 06:25 AM
He likes it as he prefers ladies to have longer hair. AND he even sometimes listens with both ears when I go on about it. :o He just doesn't like the fact I wear it up so much. And neither do I to be fair, but it's the price I have to pay.

MORE
October 18th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Mine is my hairs number one cheerleader. He knows how bad I felt about it during The Big Shed so he pep-talked me into having patience. Now he calls me Queen of Hair lol (which I reeeeaaally don't see myself as, but it warms my heart).

I am growing out chemical dye, bleach and all other kinds of damage and he is always telling me how nice my virgin hair looks. Neither one of us has seen it (have been changing the colour since I was 11-13). When it started to show, he said "Now I can see the real you coming through!". I thought it was really sweet of him to embrace my natural look.

I feel so blessed to have such a supportive boyfriend. When I say "Oh darn, maybe I should just cut off this fried old braid and start over" he insists that it's only me that see the damage - everyone else just see a long braid. Well he knows what I need to hear:)

Haha but I need to add that he cannot listen for more than 15 seconds about anything regarding hair care, like how to make Fox Shea Butter Cream and what it's good for. lol, he gets this kind of in-pain-face and is like "enough info"!:p Like when someone tries to talk to me about computersshudder:

jellymill
October 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Husband is the one who inspired me to grow my hair long again. I used to keep it around lower-back to waist-length before a hairdresser convinced me to cut it off. He's even more for it once I showed him pictures of my long hair days, he LOVES long hair.

He has amazing hair too but unfortunately I've only seen it in pictures...thick, black with well-defined bouncy curls. It's thinning on top (not too bad yet) and he's self-conscious so he keeps it pretty short despite my bugging him to grow it out. I keep telling him, enjoy it while you have it! Le sigh.. I wish he would grow it!

jellymill
October 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
I can't edit posts yet, but when I said "he has amazing hair TOO" I meant in reference to all the other ladies who said their significant others have great hair.

My hair is about mediocre. I have a lot of it, but it's fine. My sister, on the other hand, she got all the Indian hair genes (we're half white) and has a beautiful head of thick, dark-brown, sleek hair.

ceruleanlove
December 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Hubby is not at all thrilled about my goal of WL...he'd much prefer if I kept it somewhere between my current length and collarbone, and keeps threatening to cut it off in the middle of the night if it gets "too long". Meh.

SnowyDream
December 9th, 2012, 04:35 PM
My hubby really likes my hair. He didnt know how much he liked it until after we had cut it off, we also made the horrible mistake of dying it. After I had finally got all the dye out and got my original color back he absolutely loved it, he said that it was nice seeing me in a different look but it didn't compare to having my long hair and my stunning natural color.

Rhodugune
December 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hubby is not at all thrilled about my goal of WL...he'd much prefer if I kept it somewhere between my current length and collarbone, and keeps threatening to cut it off in the middle of the night if it gets "too long". Meh.

That's horrrible! :shocked:
Your hair is your own, it's a part of your body, he has no moral or ethical right to try control you in that way!
Your answer to this thread made me really sad, I really hope he in time will come to understand how wrong he is... :grouphug:
Have you tried to talk to him about this?

My guy likes my hair long and I'm happy he does, but if he didn't, I would just keep growing my hair as long as I wanted, 'cause I'm growing it for me and nobody else and long hair makes me feel good about myself.

millyaulait
December 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I think he is starting to like it... Thank goodness! :)

coffinhert
December 9th, 2012, 05:04 PM
My hair is around BSL and I told my guy I was going to get a haircut and he said "NOOO!!! :tmi:" But I assured him it was only a trim :P

dulce
December 9th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hubbie is the one who initially encouraged me to grow out my dyed age appropriate pixie and go back long and also go silver.The hairstylists all disagreed saying I would look so much older and unfashioneable,so glad I finally listened to hubbie!!Loving having my hair long and silver.

pittie-lover
December 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
My husband is fine with me growing it out he just hates all the things I buy for it and has cut me off. I'm allowed my oils, suave shampoo and conditioner, and my silicone serum. Since I have not bought anything else to put on my hair it has calmed down. Now I have straight hair and he hates it he wishes it was curly! But oh well and he hates when I wear it up. It doesn't matter if its in a bun or braid or anything in between he hates it. He always likes it down. So I wear it down when we go dates or a party and when he gets home from work I will let my hair down. He doesn't touch it or play with it. Ever once in awhile he will massage my scalp That's nice. As long as I don't cut it short or grow it to the floor he will be happy.

OakTreeGirl
December 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Back when my hair was a layered chin length bob, I asked my boyfriend how he would feel if I grew it long. He said that he enjoyed it cute and short, but he also felt that my hair is not a democracy. :) I really appreciated his respect for my freedom. I still keep bangs, partly because it's part of the cute look he enjoys. :) BF would normally have been indifferent to long hair, but he does take an interest because he knows I care about it. He'll make a point to tell me when my hair looks pretty.

thirstylocks
December 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM
My boyfriend knows about and supports all my crazy hair projects. He loves long hair, and he is supportive of my trying to grow it out. He always tells me how long its getting and how soft it is (even though its short and course :P )

Alix
December 10th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Mine loves it, he likes to play with it when I've just gotten out of the shower. When I cut it from waist to BSL he was really sad actually. I was pleasantly surprised.

wandlimb
December 10th, 2012, 03:37 AM
My husband loves my hair long but thinks I should stop now - he keeps finding hair all over the place. No chance though - I've decided I'm going to classic!

MissEarlGrey
December 10th, 2012, 04:39 AM
He likes it when it's behaving itself, which is when it's up. He says it's beautiful and that he loves how happy it makes me. But it does tend to get in the way often, or stuck on his stubble, or stuck on the side of the shower, etc.

ceruleanlove
December 10th, 2012, 07:22 AM
That's horrrible! :shocked:
Your hair is your own, it's a part of your body, he has no moral or ethical right to try control you in that way!
Your answer to this thread made me really sad, I really hope he in time will come to understand how wrong he is... :grouphug:
Have you tried to talk to him about tthis?

Thanks for the support! Yes, I've talked with him about it, and while he still joke-threatens my growth, he's not staunchly opposing me growing it out...he just doesn't like the idea. I honestly think it's because the only time he's seen me with "long" hair, it was an APL mess that I had no idea how to properly care for (circa age 14, which was just awkward in general), so he's afraid it won't look very good. I'm hoping that, in time, I can show him how nice long hair can be. Plus, I've always wanted long hair, and, by goodness, I will experience it!

hime_daruma_88
December 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I guess my BF really likes my long hair, he compliments it every once in a while. He's very supportive as I want to grow hair longer, and some days wants to brush my hair. I always let him do that because he brushes so gently and cautiously!
Actually, when we met I had black WL and after just a couple of months I experimented dreadlocks, then chopped it all into a pixie, and began growing it back. Now we've been together 5 years and my hair is slightly past WL again. BF has seen me with all lengths between, black, blonde, pink, natural, hennaed... and not once he has said anything about my hairstyles I would have to feel bad about. Only when I had dreads he commented that he doesn't consider them too pretty.
But! For a long time he has asked me to color my hair black again. He has a demanding tone in his voice but still kind of just kidding. I'm not sure about it cause it's such a pain to get rid of without massive damage. I like black color a lot but I'm afraid I might miss my henna red quickly... Oh well. :D Maybe he wants to be with the same girl again he once met..!?

Vivalagina
December 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
As long as it's not trying to suffocate him in his sleep, he doesn't care. Hair is just hair to him. He mostly just find all the stuff I put in my hair amusing. He does like it when I have my hair in pigtails... but that's for other reasons, hehe.

white.chocolate
December 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
:crush: <-- like this :D

neko_kawaii
December 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
He has seen me go from long to short and back again without batting an eye or making any (memorable) comments. If I tease him with the end of a braid he threatens to dip it in an ink well and the other day I when complained that flexi-8s were a bit too sparkly for my tastes he said, "Once it is in your hair you can't see it, so why do you care?"

IndigoOptimist
December 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
My boyfriend likes my hair at it's current length and puts up with all the weird things I do to it. As long as it doesn't directly affect him he doesn't really care, however he gets annoyed when he can't touch me for hours because I've got a DT on...
I don't know how he'll feel when my hair get any longer, he's been saying for about a year that he likes my hair at the length it is, maybe a it longer but doesn't like it really long because it looks 'like an animal' :p

spidermom
December 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I know he used to like it when it was somewhere between BSL and waist, but now I think he varies between indifference to annoyance. He doesn't like finding long hairs stuck to his clothing and when I mentioned that I shouldn't have worn it down at the Christmas party because this drunk coworker of his kept leaning on it, he said "let that be a lesson to you!" It's an annoyance for me, too. I hate detangling it with a passion most of the time these days, and OMG does it ever tangle.

HintOfMint
December 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I posted in this thread in regard to my former SO. I'm posting again in reference to my crush. I realize I'm completely jumping the gun and jinxing EVERYTHING, but my crush (who I'm quite positive likes me back) is a hair man. Specifically, he likes my type of hair: long, dark, thick, wavy. I knew he liked me a couple of years ago and since we've met he's only dated and flirted with women who look oddly like me--dark-ish, soft features, petite, and ALWAYS long dark hair.

I don't know if he's into the "running his fingers through my hair" type, but he has a particular feature that he likes. Goody for me!

Sunny_side_up
December 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
The other half doesnt seem fussed, when we met it was short, choppy with bangs, since then been evened out and got near bsl and then to shoulder, & grown out again. It got frustrating when laid on in bed so got trimmed back a bit... So pretty much a me thing :p Do as i please with the hair! But thats not really that much lol!

CaranDulin
December 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
He thinks it's lovely even when it's a complete mess, and is looking forward to it growing longer just as much as I am. :D

dancingrain91
December 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM
He loves it. I've been growing it from shoulder length for about a year and a half. It's taken so long really because my ex used to make fun of me, calling me "Rapunzel" and saying I'll grow my hair to the floor just to annoy him. The new boyfriend loves it though. Especially since my long fine hair loves to tangle and mess up in interesting ways and it serves to amuse him. He's excited to see what new craziness it will do when it's WL and longer (I'm not going to tell him it actually calms down and acts a bit more normal with pretty s waves). He loves to touch it, stroke it and wrap his fingers up in it (even though that means I have to condition it and carefully detangle it... at least he likes my hair). Though you guys are giving me some ideas. Maybe I should get him to give me a real scalp massage. ;) That sounds heavenly.

UpNorth
December 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM
from yesterday: "your hair is SO beautiful, its like a shampoo commercial!" while he brushed my hair. So I guess he likes it:P

millyaulait
December 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM
from yesterday: "your hair is SO beautiful, its like a shampoo commercial!" while he brushed my hair. So I guess he likes it:P

Awwww... :crush:

EndlessSunshine
December 11th, 2012, 12:00 PM
My husband is happy that I feel better about my hair now. Yes it may smell weird but it is happy and shiny. He says I am "high maintenance" but very frugal when it comes to my beauty regimen.

piffyanne
December 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM
:crush: <-- like this :D

TOO CUTE. :inlove:

TheHowlingWolf
December 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Awh, some of your posts are so cute! I don't have a boyfriend :( And I haven't had one since growing out my hair. My goal is classic, right now it's at waist. I hope to someday find a guy who loves my hair and loves to smell it and stuff haha! I'm trying not to sound like a weirdo. But I'd rather a guy say, "You have gorgeous hair!" rather than, "Wow you're hot!" or anything like that. The only thing I'm scared of is that my hair sheds like crazy (natural shedding, I have thick hair so it sheds more, but I'm not balding or anything) so I'm afraid if he goes to run his fingers through my hair, his hand will come out looking like cousin IT or something haha. Again, I don't currently have a boyfriend, but I can dream!

gossamer
December 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
He likes it! Once, maybe 4 years ago, I talked about cutting it back to TBL (it was mid thigh then) and he seemed really sad about the idea. Now that it's calf length, he's still my very careful, precise trimmer a few times a year.

I know what would make him like it more! He keeps suggesting I figure out how to do cat ears with part of it....:p

tiny_teesha
December 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I think my bf likes it. He says he likes change, so if i do something different he always gets excited. He also prefers long hair by default, but also loves cute short hairstyles. He knows how sensitive I am about my thin hair, but he still compliments me occasionally, but I don't think he has the same level of appreciation of hair.
I just dyed extensions blue and put them in and he got excited but as soon as i mentioned they were extensions his excitement died instantly! It was a little hilarious. haha.
He doesn't really stroke me hair or anything so I guess he leans a bit more on the indifferent phase considering my hair is not a great specimen as it is below average in beauty, ah well.

Tabihito
December 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
He loves it. And, thankfully, he doesn't complain when he finds shed hairs everywhere. It also turns out that he likes my hair wurly- he complained once when I straightened my hair, saying that it didn't even look like my hair any more.

His attempts at braiding it are pretty funny though. I braid it for sleeping purposes now that it's long enough to tangle awfully if I don't, so he... tried to help once. It only kind of worked. I quietly re-did it when he went to the bathroom, because sweet as his intentions were, that braid was going to fall out pretty quickly. I've since taught him how to braid a bit better, and while his braids are way loose, at least they'll stay in.

piffyanne
December 12th, 2012, 03:35 AM
He likes it! Once, maybe 4 years ago, I talked about cutting it back to TBL (it was mid thigh then) and he seemed really sad about the idea. Now that it's calf length, he's still my very careful, precise trimmer a few times a year.

I know what would make him like it more! He keeps suggesting I figure out how to do cat ears with part of it....:p

VICTORY ROLLS! Meet me in the "style the hair of the person above you" thread for your next assignment. :demon:

;)

http://leylafashion.blogspot.com/2012/07/cat-ears-hair-style-and-make-up.html

gossamer
December 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
VICTORY ROLLS! Meet me in the "style the hair of the person above you" thread for your next assignment. :demon:

;)

http://leylafashion.blogspot.com/2012/07/cat-ears-hair-style-and-make-up.html

Oooh, those look promising!

To meet you at that thread, I'd have to find it first! I've looked!

lunalocks
December 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Besides wishing I would hurry up already and go completely grey (based on female family history it will be another 3 decades to never), DH loves my hair. When I tell him I want to grow to classic, he says "go for it!" When I show him a new bun he starts singing the "I like big buns" song. But he loves my braid the best.

Vanille_
December 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
He's fine with it. He gets annoyed when I talk about it too much I think and he's a little annoyed with the shedding. I can't blame him.

savfairy
December 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
My boyfriend always tells me that my hair smells pretty and will finger detangle it if he sees it's tangled. I asked him what length he thought was his favorite for hair and he said he liked what I have now (BSL). I don't think he is a fan of hair past MBL but tells me that any hair will look good on me including bald. Lol.

savfairy
December 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I love what you wrote lunalocks lol.

NikNak
December 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
My husband LOVES my hair long. The longer the better in his opinion! So, it's good we're on the same page when it comes to my hair. And he's very supportive! He's so supportive that he told me if I can't find anyone to give me a decent micro trim, he'd do it for me because he knows neither one of us wants very much taken off at all! :)

lunalocks
December 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you, savfairy!

WilfredAllen
December 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM
eh I don't think he cares. But since I've been growing it out he seems to be trying to say nice things about it. I don't think he really notices though :(

goldloli
December 13th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Weirdly he loves it. He loves watching me style my hair/put on makeup and was really encouraging when I said I wanted to grow longer. He doesn't judge or complain when I spend money on products (1litre pureology hydrate for £30) even though we're saving for a house. I also really likes the colour since the area he lives in texas doesn't have to many blondish reds. He told me one day that he'd been bragging to people at work about how long and gorge my hair was... How cute! I think he has traditional values though, he wants his women to look a million bucks and make the food etc

torrilin
December 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
I'm curious to know... Do they love it, touch it all I'm the time, etc.?

I think my partner feels about my hair the same way I do. He likes long hair on me, and enjoys playing with it some. But he really dislikes how I whine about hair in my face when my hair is too short for my taste. So while short hair means he gets to see my hair down and loose more, he doesn't get to enjoy the visual very much.

Also, my hair tends to attack people. The longer it is, the less he gets attacked.

MasCat
December 13th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Recently I was chatting with my love, and I said "oh, measuring day today"
And he said - hair?
'yep' - I said. And then I measured and it was over 90cm, which is the longset for me :) I got pretty excited and he was excited with me. "When you reach 1 meter we're opening champagne!" - he said :)

And the nhe asked me how long would it be on my body, when it's 100cm, I said that my next landmark is classic, which should be about 120cm, and he was all "wow, that will be sexy as hell"

And he is very suportive of my dream goal - knee :)

piffyanne
March 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM
My new DBF recently told me it's starting to grow on him. I didn't know he didn't like it before, but now he's liking it more and more. He got this really tender look in his eyes recently, which I hadn't ever seen before, and said it was apparently directed towards my hair when I asked him.

My last DBF (still my best friend, it was a friendly breakup) told me just yesterday he thinks my hair is sexy. He never mentioned it while we were dating. I was all "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE??"

I am flattered on both counts. :)

PraiseCheeses
March 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM
My boyfriend displays varying degrees of indifference to support. He doesn't give me a hard time about belonging to a long-hair forum or doing weird things like cassia treatments, and he'll occasionally ask questions because, as he puts it, "It's important to you so I feel like I should try to understand it a little." He makes approving noises when I take it down or when I comb it out, so I know he likes it... but he's not sure how he feels about classic length or longer. There's plenty of time before I get there, so we'll deal with that as it happens. But he really excels at the whole appreciate-his-partner-for-who-she-is thing, so chances are good he'll like that too if I get there. :D

Oh, and he occasionally makes me a hair stick out of whatever wood scraps he has... e.g. the one in my signature. :cheese:

silverthread
March 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
My DH is not very expressive. If I ask him, he'll say he likes my hair. Since I've been on LHC, my hair has gotten much thicker and he wanted to know how I'd done it so that he could try it too. Overall, I'd say he approves.

Suze2012
March 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I don't know really,I know he doesn't like bobs or short hair.

Mine is pretty curly though and he told me it wasn't curly a few weeks back...I'm not sure what he thinks curly is but i have ringlets all over.....

Aside from that he has probably said the least about my hair than anyone.

Shadow Walker
March 22nd, 2013, 12:12 AM
I haven't dated in a few years, but my last girlfriend thought my hair was too long. It was almost at classic when we were together, and she commented a few times that I would look better if I cut half of it off.

ghost
March 22nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Sir Psycho loves it, and he keeps asking if I'm going to "Herman Li it" (Herman Li, the guitarist for Dragonforce, has knee length hair! It looks so cool on stage), which to him basically means just letting it grow...and grow...and grow...without ever cutting back more than an inch or so. Of course the answer is yes :)

Kaelee
March 22nd, 2013, 10:33 PM
My DF loves it!!! I mentioned I was going for a trim one time and he said "You don't like long hair??!" I'm like "no you don't understand I'm just getting it TRIMMED!" ;)

He's so sweet. :crush:

joflakes
March 23rd, 2013, 02:46 AM
My DF loves it!!! I mentioned I was going for a trim one time and he said "You don't like long hair??!" I'm like "no you don't understand I'm just getting it TRIMMED!" ;)

He's so sweet. :crush:

My BF did a similar thing the other day when I said I'd booked a trim at the hairdresser! Haha. He said the other week that my hair is at a perfect length and is now properly long so I guess he likes it!

RavennaNight
March 23rd, 2013, 02:56 AM
My husband loves it. He hopes it keeps growing. He's starting to like my buns, too.

arcane
March 23rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
My partner really doesn't care. Whenever I ask him for his opinion on anything related to my appearance he tells me that his opinion doesn't matter as long as I like it. Which the feminist in me enjoys but when I ask for an opinion I do want to hear something! I did manage to get that his fave hair colour on me is red, because that is what it was when we first met. About a month ago I was looking a classic length pictures which is my goal, and he said that was too long, but I told him to shove it because I was growing to that length and he went "of course you can do whatever you want." He doesn't touch my hair really, I think he's scared of damaging it. I think I may have scared him.

I think he's begrudgingly fond of the LHC. He likes to refer to us as weird hair enthusiasts, but likes that I get joy out of my hair and talking about it. And that I don't have to talk to him about it. He doesn't like when I get too obsessive about my hair, and has hidden the measuring tape more than once.

That said, he knows I love my hair, and when I was in a coma last year he brought the nurses the shampoo and conditioner I was using at the time so they could wash my hair with the products I liked, and try to keep the horrible hospital tangles to a minimum. My first recollection in the waking up process is of the nurses washing my hair.

truepeacenik
March 27th, 2013, 05:32 PM
My partner loves my hair. He will always prefer it down, but for grins and ouches, I rode from a friends house over on the peninsula, over a ten mile long bridge in high wind with hair down and window open.

He thinks undos are quite sensible, now.

(He also thinks our meets are really odd, but he's waiting for photos as impatiently as any LHC member.)

Mandie
March 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM
My SO loves my hair. He thinks knee is too long and I hadn't decided if I was going to go past classic, if I can get to classic, but every time I comment on wanting to cut my hair he tries to convince me not to. That helps encourage me not to get frustrated and cut. :)

He also enjoys brushing it. I enjoy him brushing it more than he enjoys doing it so I tend to have to wheedle a little but he's super gentle with the comb and will spend half an hour smoothing it all out which is just awesome. :crush:

socks
March 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Apparently, my hair is what initially caught my fiance's eye over eight years ago. He definitely has a thing for long hair and he loves it when I take my hair out of its bun. For a while, he started growing out his hair, too. He got to about halfway between armpit length and bsl before he had to cut it for work.

Mandie
March 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Apparently, my hair is what initially caught my fiance's eye over eight years ago. He definitely has a thing for long hair and he loves it when I take my hair out of its bun. For a while, he started growing out his hair, too. He got to about halfway between armpit length and bsl before he had to cut it for work.

He has good taste. Your hair is so gorgeous!

airmid
March 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
My BF says he likes my hair, especially because I like it. He doesn't generally like to give "preferences" when I ask for them (like if I ask whether he likes it up or down, or if I need a trim), which I do appreciate though sometimes I'd just like to know. ;) He just likes to see me happy with my appearance, whatever I choose to do.
I've been learning to do all sorts of buns lately and thus wearing it up a lot, and he's mentioned several times that he likes when I do my hair up. Also he has said my hair is soft and fluffy... he's not the sort that comes out with compliments so it sort of makes it more special when he mentions it.
He has even been inspired lately to grow his own hair! It's just past chin-length and he wants to grow it longer. Which is awesome- he has gorgeous thick, straight chocolate-brown hair that never tangles and always looks good even though he never takes a brush or comb to it. I'd love to see it at shoulder length or longer!

Naiadryade
March 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I think my partner is kind of indifferent. He's definitely kind of amused and perplexed by my geeky obsession with it. He thinks I spend too much time on LHC (though he admits it's not much different from the time he spends on Reddit). He does like it when I trail it along his body, and he runs his fingers through it sometimes. But it was around or just past shoulder-length when we met, and now it's only BSL, so it's not really anything impressive. He only really comments on it when I do no-heat "curls," which he correctly points out just give me stronger waves. I feel like when I have longer (hip to tailbone) hair, he might be more impressed by it, but I don't know. If he's noticed that it's gotten healthier, he hasn't said anything directly... but he has asked me for advice on his dry/dandruffy beard, and when I put my oil in it, he put more olive oil in it later, himself. And he asked me to infuse some ACV with herbs for it. So he values my expertise, at least!

MaryO
March 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM
My husband loves me with long hair and is very excited about me growing it out. However- last night I blowfried my hair because it was a special occasion and he commented about how much nicer it looks when dried like that and not air dried! So I was a bit sorry to hear that but I'm hoping to get a BBB soon (not so easy to find in SA!!) which I hope will help make me look a bit neater!

blue_eyes
January 4th, 2014, 06:51 PM
So glad I found this thread right at this moment! So I've got dyed dark brown hair, I'm naturally a blonette, and I took a break from dyeing for about 4 months now and have just been babying my hair. My boyfriend really wants me to grow out the dye, and he really wants me to have very long hair (my goal is waist length). My hair is just reaching BSL so to grow it out all natural will not only take years but will look horrible on the way. He keeps saying "Well it's your hair and it's up to you, but I'll be really upset if your dye it." :( I feel like I'm totally starting over if I grow it out natural, versus if I keep dyeing it it'll be waist length by the end of this year.

His opinion is really important to me, but looking awful with mismatched hair for 2+ years is really unappealing to me. Anyway I promised to give it a shot and see how long I can stand it for. I've never met a guy who was so picky about his girlfriends hair though, its almost funny. I appreciate the support towards growing it out BUT I don't want to feel guilty if I decide to dye it.

HairFaerie
January 4th, 2014, 07:17 PM
My husband prefers my hair in a pixie cut. :hmm:

walterSCAN
January 4th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I had long hair (between WL and TBL) when I met DH, and haven't had it short than MBL since. He says he prefers it long but doesn't generally comment more than that, and only that when asked directly. I think he's trying to avoid feeling like he influences my decisions, which is sweet, but also frustrating when I'm looking for input. He has said he doesn't think he'd like it short, but I really had to press him to get him to admit that. I'm still working on an opinion regarding color. ;) He also does seem to... ehem... appreciate... my long braid. :eyebrows: He does not, however, appreciate the various places on his person that he will find long hairs wrapped. He also says it tries to eat/ kill him.

I know he talks to people about my hair, and might even brag about it, too. He just rarely talks to me about it. :rolleyes: Oh well. He has helped me henna (SO much messier that way), takes the majority of my length shots for me, and supports my love of hairtoys.

Islandgrrl
January 4th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Hmmmm, Mr. Islandgrrl likes it just fine. But I think that's because I love it long. I think he doesn't really care that much how long it is. He does, however, love what henna does for my naturally unremarkable auburn hair and he helps me hunt hairtoys.

sunshine-locks
January 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM
My new partner would definately prefer me to have long hair and is really eager for me to have it longer again (collarbone+) and he really wants to see it natural, but seems to like the bright colours I've been dyeing it since I did modelling.

AmyBeth
January 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM
So glad I found this thread right at this moment! So I've got dyed dark brown hair, I'm naturally a blonette, and I took a break from dyeing for about 4 months now and have just been babying my hair. My boyfriend really wants me to grow out the dye, and he really wants me to have very long hair (my goal is waist length). My hair is just reaching BSL so to grow it out all natural will not only take years but will look horrible on the way. He keeps saying "Well it's your hair and it's up to you, but I'll be really upset if your dye it." :( I feel like I'm totally starting over if I grow it out natural, versus if I keep dyeing it it'll be waist length by the end of this year.

His opinion is really important to me, but looking awful with mismatched hair for 2+ years is really unappealing to me. Anyway I promised to give it a shot and see how long I can stand it for. I've never met a guy who was so picky about his girlfriends hair though, its almost funny. I appreciate the support towards growing it out BUT I don't want to feel guilty if I decide to dye it.

It's probably not a good idea to let someone else's tastes dictate how you handle something as personal as your hair.
That said, if you really want to grow it out, you'll have a better chance at maximizing your potential growth without dye. Don't you think that with time, the dye will fade and make the line of demarcation less drastic? And if not, could you find a hairdresser that could help apply a color that will blend the line? If you're ever going to rock an ombre look, now is the time, because it is so fashionable right now. Even though you don't like it, it will look trendy rather than as though you just don't take care of it.:) It seems that one way or another, we all have some kind of "awkward" stage to grow out of, don't we?

Chiquita Banana
January 4th, 2014, 09:51 PM
My husband has always preferred long hair. So, he's happy. My youngest son (11) loves long hair, too. He used to cry and cry when I would get it cut when he was younger. So funny to remember that! I haven't cut it in a long time though, so no more tears for him!

walterSCAN
January 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM

DH does seem to think henna is really cool, too. (the concept/ process, I can't seem to get an opinion on the color) He's even given me permission to henna him someday, although nothing's come of that yet. One day, though...:stirpot:

hairpleasegrow
January 4th, 2014, 10:35 PM
my man had an obsession about his beard and growing his beard out so he understands my obsession with growing my hair out. he is actually very excited about me having longer hair. i think he was getting worried post pregnancy when i had to keep cutting off inches and inches of hair because of severe damage to my hair from chemical damage and hormone changes (that made my hair like straw) etc.

MY concerns are about oiling and wearing different hairstyles. not sure how he feels when my hair is all oiled up but i just hope he doesnt notice. i am used to wearing it down and i am working on some braids and updos to help me with guarding my hair against the elements and protect it...hope he doesn't mind my hair not being down all the time either.

Ashflower89
January 4th, 2014, 10:44 PM
My goal is WL, and I'm at chin, but my SO, his entire family, and most of my family doesn't even think I can make it past shoulder length. I've had 3 pixies total in the past 4 years; the first just for fun, and the other two to get rid of damage. I've had to get 3 or 4 mullet trims to get to solid chin length without uneven ends after this last pixie, and every time I've gotten one, they take it as "there she goes messing with her hair again, just can't leave it alone. she'l never make it".

So I guess on one hand, it's really motivating to keep growing and prove them wrong, but on the other it's kind of lame that no one believes in me. -_- My only support is on this forum lol.

glittergloss
January 5th, 2014, 02:08 AM
I've always had very long hair before and after hubby met me. All these yrs we've been together, my hair was always long. I recently cut my hair to midback length to make my hair a bit lighter from postpartum shedding. He felt sad when he had to cut my hair shorter. I promised him that I'm not cutting my hair anytime soon and that I'm growing my hair long again. He missed my long hair.

sapphire-o
January 5th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Well DH talked me into growing long hair, he also grew out his hair. We've been hair buddies for years. We like the looks of each other's hair but don't touch them much other than braiding. I don't really like people touching my hair and his hair is so fine and tangly I can never run my fingers through it. I really just grew long hair so I can put it up with hairtoys. :) Hairtoys are the driving force here.

He says he likes his hair, fits a heavy metal musician image, even though he can never shake it. :D If he did his hair would get bigger and bigger. It doesn't seem to ever come down with gravity. We're indifferent about the feel of our hair, so we don't do much hair "care". Soft shiny hair is not an objective.

Wisé
January 5th, 2014, 02:52 AM
@Ashflower: How inconsiderate of them - You're going to make them eat their words for sure!

I was worried my boyfriend might get annoyed with me obsessing over my hair someday, but as I considered to maintain it at it's current length which was my original goal he persuaded me to grow it even longer: "because I want your hair tooootally long". He even stated repeatedly how cute he finds me when plopping or in my satin bonnet.
He gets annoyed when it tickles his face (he is so extremely tickly that sometimes it's hard to caress him without him squirming) but else he is sometimes even more protective of my hair than I am:
"Are you certain this won't damage your hair? Please put it in your satin bonnet!"
"Are you sure you oiled your hair enough? You have to be really thorough" - Before going to sauna (the warm european version at 90°C)
"I think it's high time you oiled your hair again, I haven't seen you doing it in a long time"

Other hair cuteness from him:
"You just have to do one of your beautiful hairstyles for me. I want you to look reeeeeally pretty for me" - before going out for dinner
"Hey, wait! You can't go now, I haven't looked at your hair yet." - before I went out dancing
"I love this smell - I feel secure and at home instantly!" - Hugging me while burying his face in my hair

But he's somewhat shy about handling my hair himself. He has kind of clumsy, huge hands so all he does is pet my hair like you would pet a dog and if he wants to get some hair out of my face while cuddling he needs 5 minutes for it. Well, I think it's kind of cute!

Johannah
January 5th, 2014, 03:28 AM
"I love you with short or long hair, just know that." I can't complain, can I? :)

Ashflower, in a couple of years they'll shut their mouth for sure! :o

SThr
January 5th, 2014, 04:12 AM
He likes it, we both have long hair and tease each other about it. I'll tease him for taking over an hour to comb/wash/dry it in the morning. He'll tease me whenever we go to grocery stores because I'm always on the lookout for 'weird **** to put in my hair'. Whenever I comb it out he'll start singing 'Pretty Women' from Sweeney Todd and asking if I need any candles to blow out. Some days he like to just stroke it and play with it, it's normally just after I've gotten done talking about how I'm trying to stretch washes and need to avoid touching my hair. :rolleyes:
ETA: He HATES when I wear hairsticks. They always end up poking him and he's taken to just yanking them out before he hugs me. Meanie.

MissBubble
January 5th, 2014, 05:39 AM
He likes my hair, or I think so. He understands my 'obsession' to take care of it etc, he has gorgeous hair himself, too, that also takes good care of.
He is not very happy with the red tub every time I wash my hair, and the red pillows and towels, although I have exclusively mine that I am free to destroy with my red hair.

But my ex didn't like my hair. He was alwaying telling me to have a collarbone cut or at least have them straight. I never listened to him.

Misschilly
January 5th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I don't think my bf cares so much about my hair..he knows I'm passionate about it thou!

In new years eve at 2.30 he took out 6 scroos, unbraided 4 braids end let my hair loose for bed..really cute of him!

chen bao jun
January 5th, 2014, 11:00 AM
My husband thinks I have beautiful hair, though he is not a hair person. When he first met me, I didn't have any hair (very short haircut and it was fried, that is, straightened) and he assumed I 'couldn't' grow long hair, but he didn't care. (This was before hair extensions and most black women had obviously short hair, or wigs or falls or things, back in the 70's.) When I say long, I don't mean LHC long, I mean like shoulder length. So he was kind of shocked when my hair kept growing and growing to APL and BSL (straightened), but he thought it looked great. He was one of the few people never to nag or annoy me about keeping it straight and he loves that its super thick and out of control most of the time, which surprised me. My father was the only other person who ever thought it was great that I have wild thick hair.
Anyway, fast forward 30 years to LHC and his confusion when I say I'm going to grow my hair long (in spring 2012). he's like, its already long, if you want it to look long, why don't you just straighten it? (I had a wild 'natural' hair style at the time). Me: No, I mean really long, like my aunts. Like waist length. Him: Oh, you mean like Cousin It?
However, now his attitude towards my hair is that he likes it just as much as he ever did, but he hates how I wear it up 'all the time' and he misses the 'wild' look. He would probably rather I have short crazy hair than long hair which is still crazy but you can't tell because its in a bun 99% of the time. I keep promising him that after 3 years total, I will wear it out again.
He doesn't annoy me though and he has to know about the $$$$ I have spent on Ficcare (mostly) but says nothing.
the one issue we really have is that he was trained, like the majority of black men, that hair is always 'look but don't touch', by his mother and sisters. So he won't touch my hair and I always feel upset that complete strangers will touch my hair without asking permission (curls are apparently seen as an invitation) but my own husband acts as if my head will explode if his hands get too near. he is learning, though, albeit VERY slowly, and has actually been briefly patting me on the head recently and saying that my hair smells and feels nice. However, it was at least five years before I got him to stop apologizing for kissing me (he was also taught that you mess up women's makeup by kissing them and even though he knows I don't wear makeup, this is also kind of in his brain). This is worse when I am dressed up. But nowadays people all seem to think that looking nice means everything is fake and that you'll come apart if they touch you? I've even had people be reluctant to hand me their babies when I'm working in the nursery because they might mess me up......???!!!!

jacqueline101
January 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Out of the blue my man took my hair down and winked at me. I'm like what's wrong he said my hair has grown a lot since last month. He tried to tell me it grew 4 inches.

CRX<3
January 5th, 2014, 02:22 PM
My sweet BF just LOVED my long dreadlocks, so he went a bit sad when i got rid of them and had to cut to shoulder, but when i became a red head a couple of weeks later he got very happy again :o he got silky naturally dark hair with sun bleached honey tips, and that makes me very happy! :heartbeat:

Decemberrose
January 5th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I really don't think my boyfriend cares about how long my hair is...
It's currently an inch from CBL. BUT he did say that he liked it when it was BSL because it covered up my private parts :D men!!

Neptune
January 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Boyfriend loves my hair! He has always been very supportive of whatever I want to do... but as it's gotten close to waist-length, he often comments on how beautiful it is and how much he loves it long. :crush:

alexis917
January 5th, 2014, 04:19 PM
My current boyfriend consistently tries to brush my hair for me and compliments it, it makes me feel good!
That said, he seemed bewildered as to why after two hours, it still hadn't dried. :p

Neptune
January 5th, 2014, 04:19 PM
@Ashflower: How inconsiderate of them - You're going to make them eat their words for sure!

I was worried my boyfriend might get annoyed with me obsessing over my hair someday, but as I considered to maintain it at it's current length which was my original goal he persuaded me to grow it even longer: "because I want your hair tooootally long". He even stated repeatedly how cute he finds me when plopping or in my satin bonnet.
He gets annoyed when it tickles his face (he is so extremely tickly that sometimes it's hard to caress him without him squirming) but else he is sometimes even more protective of my hair than I am:
"Are you certain this won't damage your hair? Please put it in your satin bonnet!"
"Are you sure you oiled your hair enough? You have to be really thorough" - Before going to sauna (the warm european version at 90°C)
"I think it's high time you oiled your hair again, I haven't seen you doing it in a long time"

Other hair cuteness from him:
"You just have to do one of your beautiful hairstyles for me. I want you to look reeeeeally pretty for me" - before going out for dinner
"Hey, wait! You can't go now, I haven't looked at your hair yet." - before I went out dancing
"I love this smell - I feel secure and at home instantly!" - Hugging me while burying his face in my hair

But he's somewhat shy about handling my hair himself. He has kind of clumsy, huge hands so all he does is pet my hair like you would pet a dog and if he wants to get some hair out of my face while cuddling he needs 5 minutes for it. Well, I think it's kind of cute!

OMGGGGGG this is so cute!!!!!!!

alexis917
January 5th, 2014, 04:22 PM
^Awwww! (ten characters)

Cheyne
January 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
My husband loves my hair (I'm about 2 inches from tailbone). That being said, we had a conversation last week where I asked him how long he'd like me to grow it. He said it was long enough now and not to cut it past "here" (pointing at hip length). I told him I was going to maintain at tailbone for a year, then try and grow it to classic. After I explained what classic meant, he said it might be hard to take care of but that he'd help me if I needed it.

He's really on board with me letting the dye grow out too. I have about 1.5 inches of grey at the roots, we're both eager to see what the color is going to look like once it grows out another couple inches.

Xylia
January 6th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I have a wonderfully supportive partner who also loves to help me with my hair. I've been bald or buzzed several times over the years, all kinds of wild colors, had real drads, fake dreads, mohawks, dreadhawks, you name it. Now I've gone natural and my hair is a combination of natural brown (very little except in the back underlayer) and silver with white streaks. I'm in the process of growing it long and he's all for that, too.

0xalis
January 6th, 2014, 07:46 PM
My darling doesn't know much about hair, and doesn't really care about it, but he supports me. He gets upset when I get frustrated with it, because he really dislikes when I dislike anything about myself, lol. Lately when I leave my hair down, he'll gently play with it :o It makes me happy ♥

He wouldn't really care even if I buzzed it all off, but he wants me to do what makes me happy, so he'll help me prevent any emotional hair disasters! :lol:

Arwenlily
January 6th, 2014, 08:11 PM
My husband loves my hair. He actually was the one who wanted me to embrace my curly hair and to grow it long. He even helped me looked for tips to grow healthy hair and found the CG method for me :crush:

MarlieJane
January 6th, 2014, 08:28 PM
My husband LOVES my hair long. When I cut ~10 inches off a couple years ago it near about broke his heart.

Hele
January 6th, 2014, 09:28 PM
i don't currently have a significant other but any that i've had have been long hair fans. If a guy thinks long hair is "creepy" or starts making jokes involving scissors his chance at being a significant other ends immediately!

askan
January 6th, 2014, 11:37 PM
My boyfriend doesn't care, or, at least he's not letting me know and he doesn't ever comment on my hair. But he doesn't like bangs for some reason and bangs don't suit me so that's ok with me!
I asked him when I read a thread on a similar subject:

Me: What if I'd shave my head?
BF *frowns really sternly*
Me: What if i'd grow my hair this long? *points at waist*
BF: What if I'd grow my pubes this long?! *points at knee*

So he doesn't know it but we have a bet going on.

SamEatsBrains
January 7th, 2014, 02:10 AM
My boyfriend loves my hair. He always plays with it, and sometimes runs it over his lips. He always remarks how silky it is. He sometimes asks to brush it, but then he feels he's hurting me and stops lol. He's a gentle kind of guy. I gave him a full-length lock to take home with him.

Verdandi
January 7th, 2014, 03:33 AM
My boyfriend was pretty upset when I cut a bob a few years ago, but then he thought it looked petty and sassy and he is now instead not that fond of my obsession with long hair. The funny part in this is that he, himself have MBL, thick hair. He consider me prettier in bangs and shorter layered red hair, which I had when we met, and I can se why. My buns, braids and neutral haircolor makes me look a bit older than my 20 years.

He has a lot of patience with it though, buys me hairtoys for Christmas and hasn't yet complained about my not-so-pretty sleeping cap, and even let me do a SMT on his hair just because he thought it would make me happy.

Auburndreaming
January 7th, 2014, 04:30 AM
My boyfriend likes my hair, Its not very long yet but he knows I'd love to have waist length hair or possibly longer, and if anything I think he's looking forward to it happening. He also supports me on whichever colours I choose/have chosen to go for - right now im growing my own colour out and he's happy for me - I don't really care too much if other people around me think my hair doesnt look very nice, but I'd always like my boyfriend to like it!

woolyleprechaun
January 7th, 2014, 04:55 AM
The thing I find is, its not just the hair. My hubby has grown to like my hair, but I'm not sure how he feels about everything that goes along with it. He's probably not nuts about the sleeping cap, oil soaks, kitchen being turned into a hair treatment lab etc, but he likes that he can get me hair toys. I don't care about clothes, jewellery, perfume or anything you can call a typical gift, so he finds hair toys a good alternative option.

Agnes Hannah
January 7th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Hubby liked it when it was in a bob, but is getting used to it. Oldest son, loves it, he says it is soft. He often tries to play with it.

UP Lisa
January 7th, 2014, 08:06 AM
He likes it long, but he doesn't say much about it. If I'm happy with it, he's happy with it.

Weewah
January 7th, 2014, 08:40 AM
My boyfriend doesn't give a crap really. But since I quit the heat styling, I've been using roller sets to get a smooth look, and he thinks I look ridiculous in the rollers, but he seems to really like the soft curls when I take them out.

I've been doing honey lightening treatments though and he's skeptical and negative overall about the whole thing. He thinks it's all BS because he doesn't see a difference. I'm gonna keep doing gentle hair stuff from now on though and he's just gonna have to get used to it.:cool:

HaileComfort
January 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Haha, brilliant! Love your bet :)

My boyfriend doesn't care, or, at least he's not letting me know and he doesn't ever comment on my hair. But he doesn't like bangs for some reason and bangs don't suit me so that's ok with me!
I asked him when I read a thread on a similar subject:

Me: What if I'd shave my head?
BF *frowns really sternly*
Me: What if i'd grow my hair this long? *points at waist*
BF: What if I'd grow my pubes this long?! *points at knee*

So he doesn't know it but we have a bet going on.

My husband loves my hair. It's approaching waist-length, and he expresses concern every time I schedule a trim. He hates bangs though, and I'm planning to get some next week. Sorry bebe!

rosiedeam
January 7th, 2014, 09:53 AM
My DF has very mixed feelings about my hair. He loves the way it looks when it is down, but gets very annoyed by how grumpy I get when combing out all of the knots that result from leaving my hair down. Recently he has discovered that really cool stuff can be done with hair toys and has made it his personal goal to become my hairstylist, he is actually pretty good and is working his way through Torrin Paige's youtube tutorials selecting the next style he will attempt. As a result when he watches me do my hair, I find that he obsessively corrects me "don't twist it that way" or "by combing like that you are just creating more knots" most of the time he is right, but its kinda strage having a hair coach :P

summerseason
January 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I've asked my husband before about his opinion about my hair and he said he likes it, but he doesn't really care what I do with it.:shrug: Even though he hasn't stated it I suspect that he prefers longer hair on me.

Brujinus
January 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
A couple of days ago I asked my boyfriend if he had any suggestions regarding my hair... I thought he would say something about making it smoother or clarifying the color, but he just said: grow it so you have MORE of it! He asked for waist wondering if it was too much... he obviously doesn't know about this forum! LOL

He has never had long hair, and I think he doesn't fully understand how difficult is to take care of it and find a routine that suits you... but he is really supportive and makes a lot of nice compliments about my hair, even kisses it sometimes! He is my inspiration to grow it and take good care of it.

gnome82
January 7th, 2014, 01:37 PM
My husband is very supportive. He likes that I am growing my hair, and even thinks I look pretty with my night bonnet on ( I think I look more like Neelix from Star Trek with his chef hat on).

askan
January 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Haha, brilliant! Love your bet :)

My husband loves my hair. It's approaching waist-length, and he expresses concern every time I schedule a trim. He hates bangs though, and I'm planning to get some next week. Sorry bebe!

Haha, good for you! But he might start to like them if you wear them :)

Eve 322
January 7th, 2014, 04:10 PM
He loves my hair, and was the one who inspired me to grow it out in the first place. :) My longest parts are just brushing against BCL, and he's absolutely in love with it. He strokes it sometimes when we're sitting next to each other or talking, and (I hope this isn't TMI), during sexy rumpus time (love that term!) he really enjoys the way my length looks covering my back and butt. In certain *ahem* positions it looks TBL to him because my head will be tilted back. :p

He is not a huge fan of updos but understands why I need to do them; he likes when I wear it down or in half-ups (which I do about 2-3 times a week). He things bangs would look great on me to soften my updos, which I am really considering because I think I have a big forehead, lol, but I am conflicted about cutting some of my hair so short.

But yes, in short, my BF loves my hair and had always believed that it is the source of women's spiritual power, as many cultures have believed throughout history. He would love to see me hit floor length one day, like those old pictures of the Vril Society ladies (i hope I make it that long too)! I am so happy and consider myself very lucky to have someone so supportive and in sync with my hair goals!! :D

Eve 322
January 7th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I forgot to mention, DBF keeps hair bald or cropped veryshort (which is what I like on guys), but he is growing out his beard (about 5-6. inches long so far), and is always excited to hear about new oils and treatments to use on his coarser beard hair. I bought him WildRose's beard wash, conditioning cream, and beard oil from Etsy as a Christmas stocking suffer this year, and he has been absolutely thrilled with the results! He even lets me massage it into his chin, and sometimes he lets me braid his beard. :D

I wonder if there are also body markers for beard lengths?? Maybe collarbone, mid-chest, and nipple length? Lmao! I'm encouraging him to grow the beard long enough so I can do some really fancy LotR dwarven style beard braiding!!

MissBubble
January 7th, 2014, 04:48 PM
On the afternoon I put my foam curlers on preparing for a night out with my girl friends. my bf came for a while and saw me, :o I usually avoid that, and he was extremely interested in the thing, he had never seen before... Anyway, I show him how they work, he took with him five of them and later he sent me a photo of him wearing them :rolleyes: saying he will sleep like this. He barely has 7-8in of hair.

Ashflower89
January 7th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I wonder if there are also body markers for beard lengths?? Maybe collarbone, mid-chest, and nipple length? Lmao! I'm encouraging him to grow the beard long enough so I can do some really fancy LotR dwarven style beard braiding!!

I have JUST the picture for you lol.
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/14346-2/Beard+Length+Chart.jpg

Eve 322
January 7th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I have JUST the picture for you lol.

Oh my god, that is the BEST picture ever lol!! I think DBF is somewhere between Sea Captain and Grandpa, lmao :D

CelinaStarr
January 7th, 2014, 06:50 PM
My husband likes my hair. I have very curly mostly 3c hair that's thigh length when stretched and about butt to tailbone when unstretched. He loves the curls. He has very straight 1a hair so he is really in awe of the curl pattern. He sometimes asks me how do I get my hair to form perfect rows of curls. Lol.

My husband doesn't like short hair on women and prefers my hair to be bra strap length at least if I ever do cut it. He's totally supportive of my long hair but says that he understands if I cut it to bra strap if it starts to give me too many headaches from being too heavy.

jupiterinleo
January 9th, 2014, 06:55 PM
I wanted to add that my boyfriend hates when I wear a hairstick because I poke him in the eye when we hug.

Redvelvetdragon
January 10th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Usually if I tell my husband I'm going to get a hair cut he reminds me not to cut too much. Currently the longest part of it is at BSL and the shortest part is APL. I've been thinking of doing a restorative trim and asked him if he thinks I should cut my hair. His response, "I like it like this." so no cutting, haha. This is good because I don't want to cut it, just a little trim.

JessicaAnn
January 10th, 2014, 02:16 PM
My BF recently told me that his favorite hair length on me is between APL and BSL, leaning more toward BSL. We've been together for almost ten years (March!) and he's seen me with everything from a chin length bob to waist length with no layering. He definitely doesn't like short hair on me. And he did admit that he's happy to not have to worry about rolling over on my waist length hair at night, or catching it in car doors, or dealing with massive hairballs all over the place. But I know whatever I decide he'll be happy if I'm happy, and that's what really matters.

Eliska
January 10th, 2014, 03:54 PM
My beloved (whose hair is at APL) and my previous ex both strongly prefer long hair in general, and on me in particular, so I haven't felt pressure to have short hair in almost ten years.

One of my beloved's previous girlfriends had long hair for a long time, and they broke up shortly after she cut to chin length (he says it was unrelated, but I've never been quite sure...), so I've always been a bit cautious about how short I cut it! Since discovering LHC, though, and all the excellent bun styles and things to do with longer hair, I'm much more motivated to keep my hair longer.

He also really enjoys taking my hair stick out and watching the bun drop, sometimes without telling me first, so I'm learning to practice an attitude of nonattachment to the buns I do. :P

Eve 322
January 11th, 2014, 12:49 AM
I wanted to add that my boyfriend hates when I wear a hairstick because I poke him in the eye when we hug.

Amen! Mine as well. He's indifferent until my hair stick hurts him. I still haven't managed to figure out how to hug or kiss people on the cheek without stabbing them in the eye. >_<;;

::Edit:: Eliska, I agree, and the *whole* reason I got into buns in the first place was to pull the stick out and have my hair drop!

ifoundxaway
January 11th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Mine loves long hair. He thinks that anyone with short hair looks like a boy.
Before I grew my hair out I was bald. That was probably my favorite "hairstyle" ever. No maintenance!
But he likes my hair, so I grow it out (and, I like his beard so he grows it out :P)

Eve 322
January 12th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Mine loves long hair. He thinks that anyone with short hair looks like a boy.
Before I grew my hair out I was bald. That was probably my favorite "hairstyle" ever. No maintenance!
But he likes my hair, so I grow it out (and, I like his beard so he grows it out :P)

I love beards on men. So glad it's popular among more guys now!

Emanuelle
January 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
He thinks my hair is beautiful and loves that I have it long, but he also thinks it's TOO long and doesn't understand why I want it longer. He also thinks I obsess too much over it (I'm just having fun).

citywolfe72
January 14th, 2014, 09:51 PM
He loves my hair , and loves helping me with it . . . He loves when it's time to wash , and he even helps prepare and get things ready for the drying and combing part which he does . . . And which is the part I love , because it feels so good , that sometimes I almost fall asleep while he is working his magic . . .

Lady Bug
January 15th, 2014, 07:18 AM
My boyfriend loves my hair. I think we would be devastated if I ever cut my hair =) He also has MBL hair.

Sofialu
January 27th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Mine doesn't mind whether I have mine long or short but he doesn't like it in his face as it tickles him lol.

joflakes
January 27th, 2014, 03:56 AM
I just wanted to add something here even though I know I've posted before!

I think my DBF is warming to my hair as it gets longer. When we shower together he puts on my conditioner and combs it through, and always says how lovely, long and shiny it looks. He compliments me on it a lot as well! I know he prefers the look of short hair as that is what I had when we got together, but I think he's coming to terms with long haired me!

Stray_mind
January 27th, 2014, 06:05 AM
DBF likes my hair and he thinks it's awesome that i want to grow it long. He wants to grow his hair too so maybe we can be hair buddies :D

Ashflower89
February 2nd, 2014, 04:14 PM
I think I finally got the inspiration I needed to embrace my natural curls! My boyfriend barely ever says anything about my hair, but when I got out of the shower and it started to curl up before I could brush it, he said "I like your hair like that by the way. The whole curly messy look. Its cute. I never get to see it because you're always straightening it." :eek:

I'm trying to grow out a pixie so I've been straightening a LOT trying to make it look longer, and obsessively checking where my hair ends at on my neck. I do like my curls, but I'm so desperate for length that I've been straightening them to death just to gain that extra inch or two. Now that I know my bf actually likes my curls, maybe I can just learn to deal with the lack of length and let it be.

BritishBraider
February 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Though I wear it up most of the time bf sometimes sees it down. He like it, doesn't mind what sort of length it is, just like how 'soft' it is, which I find very endearing :)

He's also a ginger and has been bullied a lot, I don't think it affects him as much after seeing me purposefully dye my hair a red-orange, in his words when we're out together nobody notices his hair anymore...

G1ll
February 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
He thinks it's weird that I wear it up all the time, but he's supportive. He says he loves my curls, which I love. He also likes breaking knots, always tries to do that on my hair and doesn't understand why I get frustrated.

earthnut
February 6th, 2014, 08:34 PM
When I met DH, I had waist length hair. About 5 years later I shaved it down to 1 inch. So he's seen it at all lengths. He says his favorite length was 1 inch! I didn't mind that length, but hated growing it out. I got into curly girl method and stopped brushing and i also got very uptight about people touching my hair (and messing up my curls). That's the thing he hates the most, he loves playing with my hair (and I do too). I'm really trying to get over my aversion and find a different hair care that i like. My hair doesn't hold perfect curls well anyway. Related to that, I'm considering cutting it because I'm frequently not satisfied with how it looks. Maybe I should just go with whatever length he wants. Though he'd probably choose 1 inch!

He had apl length hair when I met him but he always wrote it in a ponytail because he couldn't stand it on his ears and neck. I think he looks great with long hair but not in a ponytail. Now he keeps it short and I cut his hair. He comes to me for a trim as soon as it touches his ears. :P

RancheroTheBee
February 6th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I think my husband couldn't care less about my hair, to be honest. Other than when I change colours, he never even mentions it, and this includes when my hair was almost APL-ish length. To be fair, he also couldn't remember my eye colour until after about three years of dating. :)

Mellybee
February 7th, 2014, 02:19 AM
My boyfriend loves long hair. We met shortly after I'd chopped it all off and he regularly goes "please, never cut your hair that short again".
He doesn't really get all the oil treatments and how much time I spend on my hair and he goes NUTS about shedding haha... my hair gets everywhere.

PraiseCheeses
February 7th, 2014, 04:54 AM
My very first negative hair comments came from an ex-SO last week - the same one who said "Why on earth would you want to do that? It always looks so disproportionate!" I had been at APL and had just told him I was growing it to my waist. Well, we were getting caught up the other night and I hit my hairstick and had to redo my bun. My hair is now at hip and his eyes practically bulged. "Why'd you grow it out so long? That's insane!" I told him, "So I can garrote people with my braid" while looking at him very pointedly. :demon:

The next night I left it down just to annoy him. :p "PC, you really have to cut your hair! It's way too long! It's ridiculous!" He shook his head and picked up a lock and held it away from my head. I asked him just why I "had" to cut it; he said, "Because it's not the 70s anymore! No one needs that much hair!" I told him that it was healthy and well-cared for, I liked it long, liked being able to style it, I've received many compliments on it, and I certainly was not there to decorate his world. :) He started teasing me about it. I started braiding my hair and staring him down. He laughed and wisely shut up.

Current, aforementioned-in-thread SO is still benignly-indifferent/supportive, still makes me wooden hair ornaments, and when I relayed this story to him, he said, "Why on earth wouldn't he like it? There's something so timeless and classic about long hair." :crush: