PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Hair Thread!

mzBANGBANG
October 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays ever! Utilize this thread to post your halloween wigs/temporary dye jobs/costume hairstyles! (I know I am a bit early with this, but I get so into it :cool:).

I found a five dollar wig to bring me one step closer to finishing up my Mystique costume, check it out! (also, enjoy me in blue... lol)

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/caslpierce/casmystique2.jpg

Kind of makes me want to do henna!

Happy October!!!

:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:

kallarina
October 1st, 2012, 05:12 PM
Ooh, as soon as I get a chance, I'll post the picture of the wig I made my sister. She wants to be rapunzel, but we couldn't find an affordable wig, so I made one out of yarn!! Now I'm wishing I had pictures of it before I gave it to her...

amanda_the_tall
October 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
i'm probably going to use the manic panic dye hard in pink for my costume :) need the pink hair, but everyone has said the spray in stuff doesn't work. we shall see!

SlipJig
October 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
WOW at the Mystique costume!

I have a mid-neck length but am doing a Jane Austen (Regency) style costume. I guess I am going to use my foam rollers to make ringlets as tight as I dare, which will hopefully peek and spring fetchingly out from under my little hat.

Better than a Regency dress with a pixie cut, like last year... I looked like I had fallen on hard times and had to sell my hair or something. Or at least that was the backstory I imagined for myself.

I love Hallowe'en! I am super excited for it.

kallarina
October 3rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
I got pictures of me wearing the Rapunzel wig! My sister wasnt happy that I didn't take the pictures of her, but hey... She actually gets to wear it on Halloween!
Ignore my goofy pajamas.
I still plan on adding some flowers to it like she has in the movie when her hair is braided.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/rapunzel2_zps328fd7d9.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/rapunzel_zps4d7fc515.jpg

jacqueline101
October 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cool pictures. I can't wear halloween costumes to work.

gthlvrmx
October 3rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
wow!!! awesome!!! now i want to be rapunzel for halloween XD but im not going out i think for halloween actually not this year. no candy for me. plus its too much sugar, makes me all hyper.

kallarina
October 3rd, 2012, 11:18 PM
The wig was surprisingly easy to make, just a bit time-consuming. I can't wait to see her wear it. Plus, it was awesome running around in it pretending to have floor+ length hair. I know I'm 20 years old, but I still ran around my apartment with it on for a good hour... :p

melusine963
October 4th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Better than a Regency dress with a pixie cut, like last year... I looked like I had fallen on hard times and had to sell my hair or something. Or at least that was the backstory I imagined for myself.

This is a wonderful excuse!

Audhumla
October 4th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I need help you guys.
I'm going to a big halloween party as poison ivy.
My costume is pretty standard. Emerald green corset with awesome fabric leaves I found to be added (with Arkham Asylum-inspired red jacket for warmth/modesty) light green tights, green skirt and the most awesome black ankle boots with an evil vine-like green design.
I need to turn my medium-brown (with slightly caramel-like tones I guess) just-BSL hair into something suited to sit on the head of an evil poison ivy.
I need ideas ! (no henna, hair dye or anything that can permanently stain hair please)

Audhumla
October 4th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I found a five dollar wig to bring me one step closer to finishing up my Mystique costume, check it out! (also, enjoy me in blue... lol)
Oooh you make an awesome Mystique.
I was briefly thinking of painting my skin green for my poison ivy costume but I'm really worried that it'll smudge :/

FireFromWithin
October 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I'm doing daphne from scooby doo, although this reminds me that I really need to get started making the dress.
Any ideas how to temporarily dye blonde hair orange? (or ideas on where to get stuff for 'kool aid' dyed hair in the UK)

shutterpillar
October 4th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I have a halloween hair stick. Does that count? :D

spirals
October 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
no candy for me. plus its too much sugar, makes me all hyper.Hee-you are adorable, like a kid. :lol:

And Audhumla, what an interesting idea for a costume!