PDA

View Full Version : Finies and grey hair

Miss Catrina
September 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Has anyone else with fine hair ever been honestly unsure whether or not they are seeing a grey hair?

I was looking at my hair in the mirror a few minutes ago (as always), and I found... something. Right up at my front hairline in the middle of my head. It is definitely a lighter strand the rest of my hair, but because each individual hair on my head is almost invisible on it's own, I can't tell if it's grey/white or just blondish!

Even if I could figure out what it was, I'm not sure how to feel... I'm 19, for God's sake! :p

Sarahlabyrinth
September 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I KNOW when I have a grey hair, I'm letting the little beauties grow these days! I found my first one at the tender age of 21! So 19 wouldn't be really unusual, my father had his first grey hair when he was 16.

starry
September 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I recently cut off all my dye damage so Im back to a longish pixie and I have found shed hairs that are white/ clear for just over a centimentre then are brown- like normal... from what Ive read the whole strand can turn grey or grey hair can just start growing out without pigment.... Im stoked about it- grey hair was something I wanted and I think it looks really cool on young chicks!

you can go grey in your teens :) it happens.. if you dont want to dye you need to be at peace with it. My fiancee agreed with me that mine will just look blonde anyway.

Mesmerise
October 1st, 2012, 12:03 AM
Sounds more like it could just be a blonde hair. Gray hairs are often wavier/coarser (I find). Even though my hair is pretty brown (naturally) I have found blonde AND black hairs occasionally!

Madora
October 1st, 2012, 12:03 AM
Never any question those light hairs were grey!