PDA

View Full Version : What do you think when you're brushing or taking care of your hair?

GALISH
September 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Have you ever considered that your thougths could affect your hair in some way?

KAggs
September 30th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Please grow, please grow, please grow...

and/or

Ouch! What a knot!

akilina
September 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
lol.. I am also thinking "please grow please grow please grow!!"

"I wish you were longer!"

Maybe I should think nicer thoughts about my hair as I tend to it.

PetuniaBlossom
September 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
"How I love my hair."

MrsGuther
September 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I think that thinking things while I am caring for my hair doesn't affect the way my hair grows. Positive thoughts are good for morale though! ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I just think, "I'm glad you're growing!"

vanillabones
September 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I don't want to hurt my hair's feelings but I think "will you ever be nice?" I love my hair no matter what because it is mine and I should and I want it to be long if it will never be nice. And nice as in.. idk... my hair type :(

Rufflebutt
September 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Careful.. careful... careful... *snap* Aw jeeze..

barely.there
September 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
"So many damn f*ing knots. this makes no sense"

"oooohhhh its getting sooo loooonnggg"

Madora
September 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I concentrate on detangling slowly and carefully with my comb, then brush my daily 100 strokes slowly and gently.

neko_kawaii
September 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
"What am I going to do after combing?"

Wildcat Diva
September 30th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I wish my hair was thicker...

Miss Catrina
September 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm often wondering if my BBB is really stimulating growth or if it's pulling hair out...

CurlyCap
September 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sometimes I think I like taking care of my hair because it's mindless work. :D

Miss Catrina
September 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I wish my hair was thicker...

THIS. Every day of my life.

Also "How can hair this short tangle?"

And "where the heck is my hair supposed to part?" all the time.

@CurlyCap: Really? I wish it felt mindless to me. I'm always fretting over which wash method to use on a certain day, or whether I need moisture, or protein, or both, etc.!

melusine963
October 1st, 2012, 03:19 AM
"Urgh, I thought a braid was supposed to keep the tangles away."

I don't believe my thoughts affect my hair growth at all. Just as well, otherwise my hair would be as discouraged as I sometimes am.

eros
October 1st, 2012, 03:22 AM
Why aren't you shiny :(:mad:

Avital88
October 1st, 2012, 03:32 AM
i do some hairgrowth prayers :) kinda funny ones, but i believe in visualizing and good thoughts..
As i read somewhere: Thoughts are prayers, so better let them be positive

Viola88
October 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM
I think slow, slow, go slow, slow to avoid the snaps.

metricfuture
October 1st, 2012, 06:34 AM
I think slow, slow, go slow, slow to avoid the snaps.
I do the same thing. I don't seem to have an issue with long-term patience while my hair is growing, but short term daily care is something I have to remind myself not to rush through.

RubyTuesday
October 1st, 2012, 06:44 AM
These days I think "That was quick and easy" - my hair is pretty short.

I used to think "Ugh - I hate doing this" and "I wish my hair was thicker"

jacqueline101
October 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM
I try not to think while combing. I focus on what I'm doing.

jeanniet
October 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Anything and everything. My mind goes a mile a minute all the time. Probably not a whole lot that's hair related!

fairhairedthing
October 1st, 2012, 12:58 PM
I wish I could mind control my hair growth... :cool:

All I think is "gentle now, stay gentle, freaking knot! ow!"

dwell_in_safety
October 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
I think about a lot of things. Primarily I just feel happiness. I'm pretty atheish, and caring for my hair is my greatest spiritual experience in this life. I get excited to care for it every day.

gnome82
October 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Have you ever considered that your thoughts could affect your hair in some way?

Now that I think of it I usually feel happy with my hair when brushing it as I notice how healthy it is :pegasus:

I consider that having :poop: thoughts and worry do not help with general health so it could affect the health of my scalp and or hair.

teal
October 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM
Some variation of "I like the henna color on my hair", "it's getting long!" and "I like my hair long", usually.

Usually.

If I'm combing when it's damp or wet, then it's something along the lines of "f$&@! f%#£! Ouch! F$~^!" I only comb wet hair if I absolutely must. I would rather bun it - uncooked - than comb it wet.

mzBANGBANG
October 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Careful.. careful... careful... *snap* Aw jeeze..
Haha this is me, exactly.

HintOfMint
October 1st, 2012, 10:26 PM
Sometimes I think I like taking care of my hair because it's mindless work. :D

Same here! It's a welcome break from school. Sometimes, when I'm having trouble falling asleep because my mind is spinning with all the things I have to do, I think about my hair and it's strangely soothing.

rock007junkie
October 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Please don't break and keep on growing.

RileyJane
October 11th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Haha thats a cool viewpoint on it, I would hope that talking to my hair, like with plants, will make it grow :D but thats just me

Lunnafindel
October 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I'm normally still half asleep, so many times I have elaborate half-dreams about epic battles or peace treaties (when detangling), or something like that, and many times I find myself talking to my hair without realizing it. It's sort of weird, now that I think about it, does anyone else do that?

biogirl87
October 11th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Normally I don't talk to my hair (although that would be a cool thing to try and weird at the same time). I just concentrate on being as gentle as I can to it and taking my time while detangling it.

Mayflower
October 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
"My hair is getting soooo long" lately. It is getting long. And it's looking really full and healthy so I'm mostly having positive thoughts.

Jessibear2854
October 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I am usually thinking something along the lines of "OMG it feels so good!" I recently got a Tangle Teezer and it feels amazing on my scalp.

DinaAG
October 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
i love you

MORE
October 17th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I too am thinking positive and loving things while taking care of my hair. Actually it was my DBF who pointed out that I shouldn't be so negative while handling it.

What you should know is that I had a major shed a year ago, and I was horrified by the handfuls of hair that I lost every day. I lost 1/3 of my hair during a period of about three months. I always said things like "stupid, stupid, ugly hair - don't do this!" and so on. I felt so frustrated. My beloved told me that he thought I wasn't helping the hair grow by racking down on it, and that I should try to send my scalp some love instead. It made sense to me! I'm a very spiritual person, so I thought it sounded pretty logical. That's actually also when I found LHC, so I could maybe say it's thank to him.

Now I would never talk bad to it or about it again, because racking down on my hair is the same thing as racking down on myself. I am so happy that I started treating it like a best friend, and I don't think it's weird at all!:)