PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Tried Biosil for Hair Growth?

dragonfly90
September 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I picked up a bottle of Biosil at a health food store. It contains 5mg of silicon and 100mg choline. I was wondering if anyone has tried this product or something similar and what your results were.

Silverbrumby
September 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Yes, took it for about 6 months plus. It made zero difference to hair growth rate or the shedding issue I was having. Scientific double blind studies say that in middle aged women it did increase circumference of the hair shaft by 12%. I thought that was worth the effort but the drops were/are a total pain in the ass to take. My nails grew really strong.

Stopped biosil and swapped out to Biotin which I'm having similar results without the whole nasty drops thing. Best nails I've ever grown in my life. I'm thinking my hair that I've been growing might be better but I need to wait another 12 months before I know for a fact it's improved the quality of my otherwise dry hair.

All up I've been taking either biosil or biotin for about 1 1/2 years which equals 9 inches of growth.

MrsGuther
September 30th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I've never tried it. I'm pretty lazy about taking vitamins and supplements. I'd love to hear about other people's results though!!! ;)

Allychan
October 1st, 2012, 11:33 PM
Facinating. Not sure if this is available in Australia. I just read their PDF product info but it does not list the active ingredients. Does it contain a soluable form of Biotin and silicone?
I will have a look for it in my chemist next visit. I take liquid silicone because I read it is easily absorbed and used by the body compared to capsules and tablet form