PDA

View Full Version : Want to stoop hennaing....

Amber_Maiden
September 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Ok guys... I'm thinking I was to stop with the henna. I want to go back to my normal colour- which is about Loreal 65 Light Amber Brown.... maybe slighter more brown, but close to it.

I've been hennaing for years. I have thick hip length hair. It's a dark red right now. I'm wondering if the henna would come through if I dye it with a permanent hair colour? I'd leave it on half the time because of how my hair sucks up colour- it always ends up black when I dye it brown...

Would a semi-permant dark blonde shade over the henna do the trick?

vamq
September 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
If you're going to set through with this: welcome aboard!

I don't think you're going to like what I will tell you, but that is only from my experience. I used henna on my hair for almost 2 years, and also have quite thick hair. Pictures of my henna color can be found in my albums.

It might be a good thing to say that before using colorB4 Ialready tried all kinds of things to get the henna out of my hair, like honey lightening, heavy oiling, yoghurt treatment, etc.
I tried color B4 two times (last april), and while it took out a bit of henna near the roots, the rest of my hair hardly changed any color at all. My hair did get really dry and unmanagable for at least one full week. The amount of color coming out of my hair was not worth having such dry, brittle hair.
After doing so, I visited a hairdresser who had experience with henna. He dyed my hair a brown-ish color matching to my roots. It took my hair only 1 month before the henna started to come through again. At this moment, you can not see that I dyed my hair because it is almost as red as it was before. The dye however, made the line between henna color and real color less noticable. I have plusminus 8-9 cm of my real haircolor right now, and it's not really clashing with the henna.

In all honesty: If you have used henna for years, I really doubt how much of the color will come out with color B4. Personally, if I had known that these treatments (color B4, hairdye) would do so little to get my henna out or cover it, I would have never started them in the first place, since they did no good to my hair at all.

Amber_Maiden
September 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
If you're going to set through with this: welcome aboard!

I don't think you're going to like what I will tell you, but that is only from my experience. I used henna on my hair for almost 2 years, and also have quite thick hair. Pictures of my henna color can be found in my albums.

It might be a good thing to say that before using colorB4 Ialready tried all kinds of things to get the henna out of my hair, like honey lightening, heavy oiling, yoghurt treatment, etc.
I tried color B4 two times (last april), and while it took out a bit of henna near the roots, the rest of my hair hardly changed any color at all. My hair did get really dry and unmanagable for at least one full week. The amount of color coming out of my hair was not worth having such dry, brittle hair.
After doing so, I visited a hairdresser who had experience with henna. He dyed my hair a brown-ish color matching to my roots. It took my hair only 1 month before the henna started to come through again. At this moment, you can not see that I dyed my hair because it is almost as red as it was before. The dye however, made the line between henna color and real color less noticable.

In all honesty: If you have used henna for years, I really doubt how much of the color will come out with color B4. Personally, if I had know that these treatments (color B4, hairdye) would do so little to get my henna out or cover it, I would have never started them in the first place, since they did no good to my hair at all.

Thank you for the advice! I guess I won't go near Colourb4 then... My hair is already dry as it is- and I think it's because of the henna. The henna has just gotten way too dark for me, and I think I'm done with red. It doesn't go as well with my olive skin tone as it used to...