PDA

View Full Version : Low Damage Blow Dry

StephanieP3
September 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I love how blow dried hair looks but hate the damage, so a couple of nights ago I put coconut oil in my hair after my shower, and blow dried on low heat, and used the cool button 98% of the time.

My hair was silky, shiny, and straight. It has been tangling less, and I've lost less hair in shedding the past couple of days.

I think I may keep doing this because I really like the result and there is almost NO heat damage, I may do it once or twice a week. :)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/I-Live-To-See-You-DIE/coolblowdry.jpg

Amber_Maiden
September 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Oh wow! Your hair is gorgeous!

I actually went and bought a hairdryer today, so that I can blow-dry my hair straight. Any tips?

mzBANGBANG
September 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Love it! I do similar for my blow dries. I highly doubt there is any damage, and it keeps my hair from tangling. Yours looks phenomenal.

StephanieP3
September 29th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Aww thanks for the compliments!

Amber Maiden: when I do my hair I part it with my fingers first to be gentle, then I combed through it with a wide toothed comb. After that I used a finger dab of the coconut oil on each side (pulled over each shoulder toward the front, equally). I use a paddle brush (the square kind) people usually recommend the ones with vents but my current one does not have them. I usually blow dry three ways, my brushing my hair straight down and running the dryer just above it, I also push my brush underneath my hair (bristles facing out) and blow dry with the dryer parallel to my brush. I will also every couple of minutes use just my fingers to smooth my hair and continue drying normally. I dry on each side, and use my fingers to dry the back since it's hard to use a brush back there and not get it tangled!

That's all I do and it worked out great! Hope it works good for you. :)

Amber_Maiden
September 29th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Aww thanks for the compliments!

Amber Maiden: when I do my hair I part it with my fingers first to be gentle, then I combed through it with a wide toothed comb. After that I used a finger dab of the coconut oil on each side (pulled over each shoulder toward the front, equally). I use a paddle brush (the square kind) people usually recommend the ones with vents but my current one does not have them. I usually blow dry three ways, my brushing my hair straight down and running the dryer just above it, I also push my brush underneath my hair (bristles facing out) and blow dry with the dryer parallel to my brush. I will also every couple of minutes use just my fingers to smooth my hair and continue drying normally. I dry on each side, and use my fingers to dry the back since it's hard to use a brush back there and not get it tangled!

That's all I do and it worked out great! Hope it works good for you. :)

Thank you!:)

StephanieP3
September 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
You're welcome, I hope I made sense. :)

Helenae
September 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
That's such a wonderful idea. I had a "curly blow dry" at a salon once and loved the way it looked. But I steered away from doing it myself in fear of damaging my hair.

I'm definitely going to buy a good blow dryer with a cold setting and try this out - any recommendations for good quality blow dryers?

lapushka
September 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm definitely going to buy a good blow dryer with a cold setting and try this out - any recommendations for good quality blow dryers?

Any blow dryer with multiple speed & multiple heat settings will do. Just make sure those are separate buttons (one for speed, one for heat settings). And of course a cool shot feature. That's all.