PDA

View Full Version : omg so happy!!!!!

Aylamel27
September 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I am new but I just has to share with someone!!! After years of trying I have finally figured out how to French braid!!! Yeah me!!!!

jasper
September 28th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Congrats! That is an acomplishment. I learned how. . . Once. . . For about 10 minutes. . . For as long as I had an instruction book open on my knee. So I am impressed with your success.

Aylamel27
September 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Congrats! That is an acomplishment. I learned how. . . Once. . . For about 10 minutes. . . For as long as I had an instruction book open on my knee. So I am impressed with your success.

I have been YouTubeing for ever trying to figure it out. Took systems going down at work and being bored out of my mind to get it. I can't wait to practice with my daughter!!!

Lesiaoc
September 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
haha! I was just practicing french braiding this morning. I really wish I could just knock one out like some of my friends can, but I've yet to figure out what to do with my hands. Being clumsy doesn't help lol

neko_kawaii
September 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Congratulations!

KAggs
September 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Congrats! I have yet to conquer it. :( It's pretty difficult for me to figure out hairstyles, even with watching YouTube sometimes.

Loveisaverb
September 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Congrats as well! I took awhile for me as well, youtube videos were a big help.
But then sometimes I would forget and then obsessively watch them.
Have you learned how to dutch braid at all or do you wanna learn that as well?
But anywho have fun with your new hair styling!

truepeacenik
September 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Congrats. I do sloppy versions. Have for years.
Now, my son's hair looked great, but applying to my own never clicked.

long&blonde
September 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Omg, what an accomplishment!
I've been on here since 2010:own 2 books of "how to braid":and still can't.
I bow to you! :) congragulations!!!

MaryO
September 29th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Congrats! I'm hoping to get better at it as mine look horrible and because my hair is short it doesn't really work out so well...

melusine963
September 29th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Yay! I fear it will take me many more years of trying before I manage it, but it's good to know there's hope.

Aylamel27
September 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Congrats as well! I took awhile for me as well, youtube videos were a big help.
But then sometimes I would forget and then obsessively watch them.
Have you learned how to dutch braid at all or do you wanna learn that as well?
But anywho have fun with your new hair styling!

I do want to learn the Dutch braid. But will focus on French for a little while and get better at it first. Thank goodness my daughter will Let me practice on her!!

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Congratulations.

browneyedsusan
September 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Good for you!!!!

It IS hard. It's hard to figure out what to do, and even harder to do it. Managing your hands and hair and twisting them around properly takes a lot of practice. Keep after it, and your braids will get better and better.

Very good job! You should be so proud of yourself!!!

sisi33
September 29th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hooray! Good for you! I can French/Dutch braid my own hair with the best of them- but when it comes to other people's head, I CANNOT do it! Practice makes everything better, keep going! I've found Dutch is easier to learn than French, but that's just me.

minxe
September 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats! That took me forever. I'm still not great at it.

Libbylou
September 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Grats! I found torrinpage's tutorial on youtube very helpful. Took me alot of practice but I can do it now.

terylenerose
September 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Congratulations, that's great! :) It took me a while as well -- I've been trying off and on since 2010-ish --, but now I can do it pretty reliably.

spookyghost
September 30th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I just started watching braiding videos on you tube and Im trying to learn the french braid. Im doing it on myself because I have a hd and two sons with short hair. I cant really practice on anyone else. Its hard. I cant even get to the part where Im suppose sot start bringing other strands of hair into the braid! I try and then stop because I get frustrated!

Anabell
September 30th, 2012, 05:40 AM
yay :) french and duch braids are awsome! there so many hairstyles that based on that you can learn now, or invent by yourself. There unlimited possibilities!!
My friend taught me how french braid long time ago, but before I found this community (and Torrin channel in youtube) I was sure that it is impossible with my length.

hyettf16
September 30th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I taught myself how to French braid before I even knew what one was once by trying to immitate my big sister's cornrows. It's because I taught myself how to braid and no one told me that I was doing it the French way instead of the "normal" way.
(I only figured that out a few years ago when I watched a youtube video on how to do an "upsidedown" braid and I was like thats a normal braid...). Now I have trouble Dutch braiding. :P