PDA

View Full Version : could someone explain this too me

sss
September 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I went to a reputable hair salon and they shampoo-ed and conditioned my hair with a cone shampoo which is obvious they would and then they put a styling cream in and then I air dried my hair and there was no frizz at all! Then I bought the same products from them used it the same way and my hair was poofy and dry why is this? My hair always goes poofy and dry from shampoo's but when they did it, it was not can someone try and explain this too me?

Lesiaoc
September 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM
The water quality and temperature can make a big difference, especially if you have really hard water at home or a water softener. Also, make sure you aren't over-rinsing your conditioner.

spirals
September 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
They probably have soft water at the salon. Try an acid rinse after you shampoo.

CJCHair-stylist
September 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think the girls are right here and they more than likely used filtered water on your hair. It makes a huge difference. Sometimes the water alone can make your hair less frizzy regardless of the products you use. I experienced this first hand when I visited my Aunt who lives in a different province and has filters on her taps - for the first time in my life I was able to get a comb through my hair without slathering it with conditioner - in fact a couple of times I skipped the conditioning and I still had shiny, manageable hair. I would take it up with them and ask them for a refund. Salon products can be very costly and useless if they are not delivering on their promise. If they give you flack, contact the manufacturer of the products - there is usually a hotline on the actual bottle. A reputable brand will usually give you a refund, no questions asked, regardless of how much product you have used.

sss
September 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
thanks guys so do you think it is filtered water or soft water that was used on my hair?

sss
September 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I believe I have hard water where I live. So do you think if I get a filter shower head it would solve the problem?

Falcore
September 28th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Maybe your hair only likes shampoo every so often, and it was used to soon after the hairdressers?

Lesiaoc
September 28th, 2012, 09:14 PM
thanks guys so do you think it is filtered water or soft water that was used on my hair?

Can't say for sure but a lot of salons DO use water softeners. My home is on a well with water that is very hard, and I can feel the difference in my hair and skin. If you really wanted, you could but a softener for your shower head for a couple hundred, if its in the budget.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
It's probably the water quality.