PDA

View Full Version : Really gross water :help:

BeautifullHair
September 28th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Hello :)

Sorry to make another thread but i recently discovered that we have really gross water.
We live on property so we use a water tank.
So our shower and bath taps are suppose to be filter and they are. But i don't think they are enough. I took a bath the other night and to my shock/horror out water is really yellow and kinda smells :(
It looks so dirty so i turned our shower on got a cup collected some and it was also very yellow. We don't brush our teeth with it we have clean fresh water delivered to drink because we cant drink our water.
So i should have worked it out sooner but our water cant be good for my hair can it ?
I decided i don't really want to wash my hair in it. so i took a bucket of our fresh water and washed my hair over the bath tub and my hair feels better then is ever has its nice and shiny and soft.
Do you think i should continue to do this ?
Thank in advance :)

CJCHair-stylist
September 28th, 2012, 03:49 AM
We had water like that at my Fathers` place when I visited him weekends in the country. I never had problems with washing in that water, its just brack water. It picks up that colour from the container its in. Ours varied between yellow and orange in colour. I would say, shower or bath and wash your hair as normal and give your hair a final rinse with ACV diluted with the drinking water you last used to wash your hair. I gave that advice to a woman working in Dubai who had really hard water where she was living and she said it worked like a charm.

furnival
September 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
You don't say where you're living but when I've lived in parts if western Ireland and Scotland the water is naturally brownish or yellowish due to peat. Water in peaty areas usually has a very low mineral content and a lower ph, so it is very good for your hair.
Do you live in an area with peaty, acid soil?

sarelis
September 28th, 2012, 04:41 AM
You don't say where you're living but when I've lived in parts if western Ireland and Scotland the water is naturally brownish or yellowish due to peat. Water in peaty areas usually has a very low mineral content and a lower ph, so it is very good for your hair.

Wow I never knew that Furnival, learn something new every day here! Also, I want peaty water now!

LissaJane
September 28th, 2012, 04:43 AM
We had water like that at my Fathers` place when I visited him weekends in the country. I never had problems with washing in that water, its just brack water. It picks up that colour from the container its in. Ours varied between yellow and orange in colour. I would say, shower or bath and wash your hair as normal and give your hair a final rinse with ACV diluted with the drinking water you last used to wash your hair. I gave that advice to a woman working in Dubai who had really hard water where she was living and she said it worked like a charm.

I live in Dubai and I don't think the water's too bad, but I do totally plan on trying this.