PDA

View Full Version : Hair kit?

kallarina
September 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
My friend has been talking recently about wanting to grow her hair out. She has collarbone length hair now, it's the longest it's ever been. She wants to go to hip length. I've typed her at 2b/c, M, iii. She currently still heat styles, and highlights, but has been stretching washes. She doesn't have anything hair friendly at the moment, as far as I am aware. Her birthday is coming up, and I am wanting to make her a little "hair kit". What should I include?

Sharysa
September 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
-Two wooden combs (one normal, one wide-toothed).
-Nice hairsticks.
-A little jar of Coconut oil (my mom swears by it).
-A loooooot of good hair-ties. Like, I bought a 25-pack of them from Walgreen's and have gone through a third of them in a couple of months. And my hair's barely bra-strap length. Although it IS very heavy and thick, being Filipino hair.

kallarina
September 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Ooh, wooden combs. I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea! Thanks!

Hillary
September 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Those are all great ideas! Hmmm, what else?

Cassia w/instructions (depends on her hair color, since I think it can affect light hair, right?)
Shampoo bar, perhaps
Cute and/or decorated mister bottle
Essential oils/aloe gel/jojoba oil etc. for the mister

This sounds FUN... :)

(Maybe the swap threads would have ideas too...?)

kallarina
September 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I haven't got a clue what I'm going to put it all in...

Natalia
September 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Oh i agree with some good combs wood or bakelite also all the makings for an smt including a cute shower cap, mister bottle, some kind of hair oil if she is into scented monoi would be very thoughful, and some cute safe toys a flexi if you want to go all out but i dont know what your budget is. If she would wear buns amish pins and a sock bun would be good.

kallarina
September 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure what styles are able to be done on hair of her length, honestly. She's about an inch shy of APL

Hillary
September 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure what styles are able to be done on hair of her length, honestly. She's about an inch shy of APL

How tall is she? Because I'm only around BSL but I'm quite tall so it's actually enough hair to do some styles other people can't do until waist or hips.

Even if she's not tall, lots of braided styles will work, and so will cute buns/styles done in the half-up version, I think.

Amarante
September 26th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Silk sleeping cap, maybe a couple of different types of conditioner for her to try, some type of oil, bobby pins/hairpins, & maybe a list of links to a few easy updos on YouTube.

ETA: Great idea, by the way. She's lucky to have such an awesome friend! :)

kallarina
September 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM
She's pretty short, hardly breaks five feet. Haha. ;)
Thanks for all the help, I'm really excited to do this for her!

spirals
September 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Funny that you posted this; I just did that for a friend. I put in a poo bar, some citric acid for rinses, a leave-in conditioner, oil mix, coconut oil, and homemade curl spray in a little bottle. (I'm a curly and she's a wavy.) I didn't think of a comb.

leslissocool
September 26th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Make it a cue basket like when you buy shower gels and lotions!

Like this:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/L13698698.jpg

They are super easy to make! You can even go to a 99 cent store and find paper to put it in, and the plastic wrap thing. You can go to Michael's and they have bows and everything there.

My suggestions are:

Coconut oil, wide tooth combs, a couple of hair sticks (she'll eventually need them!), shower |:[cap, a heating pad (I apply heat to my oiling) One one of those twisty hair towels, I'd print out the George Michael CWC instructions actually (that helped a lot for me), tea rinse instructions, SMT, and I'd print bun instructions actually like this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bellefr/doubleloopknotinstructions.jpg) one.

gthlvrmx
September 26th, 2012, 10:26 PM
for shower caps, if you want simple disposable ones, they sell some at sallys in like a large amount for cheap! :D thats where i get mine and it works fine :)

id love to receive a wooden wide tooth comb! and a hairstick
maybe spin pins?? mini or regular, depending on her hair thickness? and the links to good youtube sites is nice too! :)
good hair scissors?? for s&ding and tell her about that!! :D and maybe a link to feyes trimming methods :) that would be really helpful if she wants to self trim one day

jacqueline101
October 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Spin pins
Boar bristle brush
Scrunchi
Head bands
Claw clip
Turbie microfiber towel