PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest length your hair has been and the shortest your hair has been?

minnieblond
September 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'm new here and after seeing pictures of everyone's gorgeous, long hair, I was wondering what is the longest length it's been and the shortest length it's been.

For me, the longest it's been is hip length. The shortest it has been is APL. It's currently at BSL, aiming for waist length by my 15th birthday.

Madora
September 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Longest is my current length - 4 feet
Shortest when I was a baby (although my mom said I was born ready for a haircut).

arelrios
September 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Longest: right now... on my way to BSL...
Shortest: when I was a baby (I had no hair until like I was 6 yo) ... and then when I had a pixie for at least 6 years...

Charybdis
September 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Longest was waist, which was probably around 34" - 35" stretched. Shortest was pixie (mostly < 1" with some longer bits).

Vanille_
September 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Shortest
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/7932_1222728880796_1006185449_30703230_2858465_n-1-1.jpg

Longest
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/DSC027341-1.jpg

That pic is about two months old so a little longer than that :)

northernsky
September 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
The longest my hair has ever been was waist length. The shortest was about 1/2" when I was 18 and rebellious.

kevala
September 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Longest was a couple of inches past my knees, about 6 years ago. Shortest was just above the shoulder, when I was five years old.

joflakes
September 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Shortest - very short pixie

Longest - APL or jut above :o I always get impatient!

neko_kawaii
September 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Longest - now at 34 in
Shortest - 0 in

Shepherdess
September 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The longest my hair has ever been is now at about 47 inches.

The shortest my hair has ever been was when I was an infant; I almost had no hair at all except for some on the very top of my head that was about two inches long, my mom said I looked like a cupie doll. :p

millyaulait
September 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Shortest - Inverted Bob. The longest part being just below my jaw, and the shortest at the nape of my neck.

Longest - My butt (when I was 9) ! :cheese:

Oksana
September 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
My hair was shortest in 2008, just touching my collarbone:
http://i50.tinypic.com/1250zyf.jpg

My current hair is the longest it's ever been, but not long enough!
http://i45.tinypic.com/2cdzls6.jpg

Vanille_
September 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM
My current hair is the longest it's ever been, but not long enough!
http://i45.tinypic.com/2cdzls6.jpg

What a beautiful color !

Oksana
September 26th, 2012, 02:05 PM
What a beautiful color !

Thanks Vanille!

Madora
September 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Shortest
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/7932_1222728880796_1006185449_30703230_2858465_n-1-1.jpg

Longest
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/Hair/DSC027341-1.jpg

That pic is about two months old so a little longer than that :)

Vanille, that is a smashing photo!!!

Vanille_
September 26th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Vanille, that is a smashing photo!!!

Thank you, Madora :crush:

alexis917
September 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Shortest....I had a boycut when I was about four.

Longest? I was a few inches past butt when I was three.

I was, and am, really short though.
I think that always makes my hair look longer.

lapushka
September 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Shortest: millimetered
Longest: classic length

Erynn42
September 26th, 2012, 02:30 PM
My shortest was when I was in 1st grade and had my mom cut it short... Hated it so much...

Longest is where it is now. Knee length. :D

Darkessa
September 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Shortest:

Halle Berry short... Like 1 inch all over.

Longest:

Current, which is around 31inches or so.
Almost waist length.

MsTex
September 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM
My shortest was a boy cut, or about 2-4 inches.

My is at its longest now - almost waist (30").

rock007junkie
September 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Shortest: pixie
Longest: Now at waist

spookyghost
September 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Shortest-One inch on top and shorter on sides and back. Looked horrible on me-I dont know what I was thinking!:p

Longest-About four inches about hip. I dont think theres a name for that one! It was spiral permed too. I was 20-Im 45 now. Thats the only time I have ever gotten nice hair comments. Well my dh always gives them to me-but he likes me!:p

cooklaezo13
September 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM
My shortest was a pixie when I was five years old.
My longest was between hip and tailbone, and it was hennaed bright red then, too.

Winnie!
September 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I would say my hair is the longest it has ever been which is BSL on me. Excluding when I was a baby, my hair at its shortest would have been early childhood. I would always cut my hair into a chin length bob every summer in elementary school. Glad I got out of that habit!

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Longest for me bra strap length and shortest shag nap of neck.

terylenerose
September 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
My longest length was around where I am now (24.5-25"), give or take a few inches, and my shortest (excluding baby) was in 06/11 when I chopped it all to 3-5" all over.

owlathena
September 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
The longest is 33 inches (almost hip for me), and the shortest its been in my adult life is a short bob.

gthlvrmx
September 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
shortest was bald actually, i started losing hair randomly when i was a baby so they shaved it all off completely and instead of growing back all dark blonde and stuff, it came in dark brown and the strands were thicker XD
the longest is what i have now which is super close to hip (the longest part stretched)

and not counting baby years, i had a buzz cut right before i starting growing my hair out and when it came back out, it turned curly XD dark blonde to brown, from straight to curly. pretty cool i think that that can happen to people!!! :D:D

Mountaingrrl
September 26th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Longest - now, around waist length.

Shortest - age 17, ear length.

Greenfire
September 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Longest mine has been was waist length when I was a little girl, and the shortest was shaved bald and then sandpapered fine with emory cloth on the sides in a mohawk style when I was a teen. Then I shaved it all off to a number one crop, but the only time I sandpapered it was when I had the mohawk. So basically, 0 length outside the hair follicle.

Amorice
September 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Longest: 1/2" past waist (right now)

Shortest: Shoulder, a little over a decade ago. I hated it, LOL.

anitacs9101
September 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Shortest was a pixie (my mom kept my hair in a pixie all my life) aaand longest is what it is now! Other than this the longest it's ever been is not even APL o.O

theemeraldskull
September 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
The longest is what it is currently, about 34"-35".

Shortest was when my mom cut it all off (because I was scissor happy!) to about an inch all around. I have never had an actual haircut since then, and have only done trims every 6 months or so. Been growing it out for like 13 years.

hairhair
September 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Shortest: other than when I was a baby, some really short cuts (described as "pageboy") that I got when I was 11 and again at 13.

Longest: in 2010 it was perhaps a teeny bit longer than it is now. In terms of length position on body, it's probably been longer when I was a kid (between BSL and waist) but I was shorter then too...

Boucles d'or
September 27th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Shortest is 1 till 2 inches all over in a short pixie cut. The longest is a couple of inches longer than apl. Can't wait to see my hair long!

Mesmerise
September 27th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Shortest was a pixie where the longest hairs were no more than about 1.5" (too short to sit down flat!!), and the shortest hairs were clipped less than 1/2". Longest, about waistish, when I was 19 or so. (Probably also waist for some time as a child, but I would say overall that would have been shorter because I was littler!).

melusine963
September 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
My shortest was about an inch when I was four years old. My longest is what I have now, so almost TB.

YumiYume
September 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Longest: waist with fairytale ends ( I hated it but was not alowed to cut)
Shortest: a short pixie, shaved neck and a little sidebang (when I was around 15)

then I tried to grow i out while making experiments on it and cutted it from time to time, but not shorter than shoulder

Helen W
September 28th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Shortest cut 1" now at tailbone

butterflycayton
September 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Longest was little over year ago waist with mostly henna. Got tired of it so cut it to neck. now back on my the growing train. All natural.

Soulina
September 28th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Well shortes has ofc been when I was born, and I was born with verylong hair for a newborn. I was less than 2months when they had to cut it becouse it was covering my eyes.

Shortest I have cut my hair is shoulder lenght, one of my biggest mistakes.

Longest it is now around hip lenght,

dragonfly90
September 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
The longest its been was somewhere between BSL and waist, but it was in terrible condition. I shaved my head last month, so that was the shortest its ever been by a long stretch.

CJCHair-stylist
September 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Shortest I have cut my hair to is a no 2 with clippers. So 2mm I guess, did it back in 2004 and then again in 2006 - I loved it, but I had to wear make-up every single day because I looked a bit rough and the make-up softened the overall look.

The longest is probably when I was 7 years old which was waist and I have been trying to get back there ever since!

hermosamendoza
September 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
The shortest was 1 1/2in and the longest was probably waist length. I remember it tickling my elbows. But then I went years of hair coloring etc and my current 22 inches in as long as its been since.

Cheele
September 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Shortest I've had it cut was a jaw line bob when I was 10. Hated it. Much like all of my hair cutting on a whim ideas. Didn't cut it again until it was waist length hair at 14. Which was my longest.

Given the height difference, my hair is now probably the same length in inches as it was when it was waist back then.

I'm almost to waist again.

Anabell
September 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
shortest- I had a bob haircut when I was a kid. I thing I actually liked it, because I love the feeling when my hair was cut, and it wasn't matter for me what length it is.
longest - right now, almost classic.

ScarlettAdelle
September 28th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Shortest (Not counting infancy) was in 6th grade, when it was cut to just above shoulder length (against my will, and I hated it. I cried for days. Never again).

Longest is now, and it's about about an inch or so short of classic.

kallarina
September 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
My shortest was the sixth grade, cut it to jaw length. I loved it, never regretted it (oh the joys of being a child and not caring). I had hip length hair most of my childhood that I was very attached to, but was forced to cut it to shoulder length when I got lice. After crossing the bridge of actually cutting it, I liked cutting it short.
My longest is my current, the very ends just now at tailbone.

LadyLongLocks
September 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
:)Longest is right now at 67" (ankle)
and shortest was age 12 or 13 with a bob cut that I hated!
It's the hair cut that made me grow my hair long!

frogs
September 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM
The longest mine has been is classic, and the shortest was shaved. Like proper shaved, less than 5 mm. :) Now its shoulder length and im aiming for waist!

XcaliburGirl
September 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
The shortest (not counting as a baby) was a pixie cut in 2011. The longest was around classic length in 2006.

VioletCurlyhair
October 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
For me, the shortest was ear length, and the longest was about midback length or so, when I was somewhere between 5 and 10.

Silverbrumby
October 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Pixie cut when I was 16 and longest was after my first baby was born, I think that was just past BSL.

Finnenna
October 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM
The shortest that I've consciously cut my hair to was a pixie with a shaved back part, and the longest is what it is right now - APL.

Shebelina
October 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
The shortest I've ever gone is shoulder length, like others here I've cried whenever i've has a drastic cut. The longest it's ever been is my current length, which is TBL.

Talking of cutting, you've all reminded me to trim my ends. :p

Sylvestrix
October 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM
My longest was solid-cape knee length when I was just a little thing, and the shortest was about 1mm, shaved my head in high school in support of a friend who was loosing her hair. It was actually kind of amazing, I loved having a peach fuzz head, and the maintenance was literally nil! Ah, the days xD

StephanieP3
October 4th, 2012, 08:12 PM
At my longest I was around 7 or 9 and it was to my butt and shortest was around 16 years old with it being about an inch long! :cheese:

HintOfMint
October 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
My shortest was a Victoria Beckham emo-type haircut (short and spiky in the back, long bangs) and my longest is where I am now, very close to tailbone.

JamieLeigh
October 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not counting when I was a baby, because I've had several good-sized haircuts in my lifetime. :p

The longest I've ever been was in January of this year at almost 56", just past knee length.

The shortest was when I was ten years old and my mom gave me the quintessential French poodle 80's home perm. It formed a knot as big as my dad's fist (he says) behind my neck, so I had it chopped off to above the shoulders. I freakin' hated that.

biogirl87
October 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Exclduing the length it was when I was a baby, the shortest my hair has been was between mid-neck and shoulder in January 2011 and a few times in my teens. The longest it has been (from what I can remember) was two or three inches past APL between the ages of seven and nine.

RileyJane
October 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Longest: tailbone back forever ago before i even knew my hair was technically long

Shortest: jaw length, after i chopped allllll the blonde damage off

going back to waist length, thats my first goal :)

patience is key :D( i have none)

Islandgrrl
October 12th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Not counting when I was quite the bald baby, the shortest was less than an inch. The longest was knee.

AcornMystic
October 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM
The shortest I've had... Does an undercut count? I shaved the back of my head and the crown was about 15 inches. That was back in September of 2010. If not then my shortest would be back in grad of June 2007, when I lopped by APL hair off to a 3 inch pixie with 6 inch bangs. APL is the longest it's ever been that I can recall. Perhaps a couple inches past. So I went from my longest to my shortest and it's taken me about 3 years to endeavor to grow it out. I got to experience the whole break out independent spiky short hair thing. I'm ready to have my long hair back and go further into the really long category. I realize how much I love long hair, even though short hair can suit me well, both physically and with my personality, particularly when paired with the colour red.

CJCHair-stylist
October 12th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Longest was waist at age 7 and I have worn my hair clipper cut a few times. Really enjoyed the low maintenance of my shaven head, but I froze in the Winter so I grew it out. I`m really hoping to get past waist now!!

Accalia
October 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM
The shortest length was ear length at the age of 7 or 8. After that I cut it once more back to shoulder length. These lengths were the shortest on me. Longest is right now at hip! :D

Viola88
October 12th, 2012, 04:13 AM
The longest mine has been is now at 26 in. The shortest was ~1/4 inch when I shaved my head in middle school, trying to emulate my older punk rock brother :D My mother was not happy!

PraiseCheeses
October 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
My mom kept my hair short until I was 7 and insisted on growing it out - it was a curly poof that invited cheek-pinching from relatives and church ladies and I hated it. :steam Shortest I've ever cut it because I wanted to was to a chin-length bob when I was 10 (triangle-head!) and again when I was 22 (straightened and reasonably cute). Longest it's ever been is now! - crept just past waist in the last few weeks. :cheese:

Yeah, need to update the signature... :o

MermaidMane
July 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
The longest my hair has been is waist length and the shortest it has been is chin length. I'm curretly at bra-strap length.

teddygirl
July 15th, 2013, 11:34 PM
About 7 years ago I had chin length hair, which would be the shortest. Longest is current, midback super close to waist.

Bene
July 15th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Longest, about 2 or 3 inches longer than my sig, about tailbone length? Shortest, birth, since I came into the world with a full mop of hair. So, longish pixie? Which is what I cut it to in November of last year.

anitacs9101
July 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Longest is how it is now, shortest was a pixie I had which was buzzed at the bottom and sides.

Haybop
July 16th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Longest was back when I was about 6 - it would've been just below apl. Shortest is... well pretty darn short. A VERY short pixie, a smidge longer than buzzed at the sides and a bit of length for spiking at the top. I was told I had to keep it short so decided why not go as short as I could if I had no other choice in the matter :P Thank goodness for puberty hitting well enough that I was no longer mistaken for a boy!

luxepiggy
July 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM
The shortest it has been since adolescence is waist. Last autumn was the longest ever thus far, thigh-length. Currently it is back to my usual hip+ length.

kitemera15
July 16th, 2013, 01:16 AM
When I was 7 I insisted on getting a horrible bowl cut that made me look like a boy. I've had long hair ever since that grew out! My longest was about half way between classic and fingertip. I'm currently back at classic, and planning on growing to terminal (although I may maintain at classic for little while to thicken up the ends)

Neneka
July 16th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Shortest has been maybe one inch and I have done it twice.

Longest was BSL.

Arien
July 16th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Longest: Around tailbone
Shortest: Chin length.

It's gone from hip length when I was about 13 to chin length. Up until this point I only had trims really, maybe 5-6" off a couple of times.
Then I grew it back out to tailbone length. Had a few trims whilst I was in school, it stayed between APL and BSL. I didn't trim it after I hit 18 for 6 years.
I had it cut it again just before I got married to about BSL - maybe slightly longer.
Then progressively I cut it shorter over the next few years until it reached shoulder length last November.

I haven't had it cut again. I've trimmed it a couple of times myself.

As it stands it is between BSL and waist at the moment 26.5" Waist on me is 30" :).

Natalina
July 16th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Longest - About an inch past TBL. (last year)
Shortest - When I was an infant, my parents had my head shaved bald as a "once in a lifetime" kind of cultural tradition.

Currently - About 32 1/2 inches which is almost waist to me.

pressedflowers
July 16th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Shortest (other than when a child) was chin length. Longest was just past waist length, which I just cut off.

NoRush
July 16th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Shortest: mid ear bob, longest about hip.

earthybee
July 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Chin length is the shortest it's ever been and tailbone is the longest.

faellen
July 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Shortest was a pixie, in 2009. Longest is now, in between waist and hip.

Flick6
July 16th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Shaved off with clippers, but not with a razor is my shortest. I have done that three times over the past ten years.
I think right now is my longest so far - just past bra strap length. It has only just occurred to me since joining this forum that I might be capable of growing it even longer :)

SongofLove
July 16th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Shortest was an almost-to-baldness buzz cut and longest is my current length (barely Classic). I've enjoyed all lengths except for the awkward part of growing out the buzz cut, where the hair stands up and looks really silly :)

Warda
July 16th, 2013, 07:24 AM
My shortest was shoulder length, did that so many times everytime I got fed up with my hair I would chop it to shoulder length.
Longest was hip. I hope I reach it again and even beyond!

sarahthegemini
July 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
The shortest it's ever been is pixie-length, the longest its been is probably BSL. It's just past shoulders at the mo :)

Cirafly24
July 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Shortest was chin length (2002), longest was just shy of mid-thigh (May 2013). Right now it's just about Classic.

gingerclip
July 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Shortest was in college when my stylist came to work right after his dad died. He was distraught and just butchered my hair. I had to cut it off at about ear level to fix it. That was Summer 1996?

Longest is now. It's about 29" which is a couple of inches below BSL on me.

MaryO
July 16th, 2013, 10:59 AM
My longest was about BSL (sad, I know!!) and the shortest, apart from baby hair) was various short pixies. Until someone mistook me for a boy!!

Asrai
July 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM
The shortest I've had was just above shoulder at some point in high school.

The longest was about bcl when I was 12.

Heavy Raindrops
July 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Shortest: About shoulder length
Longest: Past waist length

BrightEyes
July 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Shortest was a pixie cut. Longest was a couple inches shy of APL.

Emanuelle
July 16th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Shortest... I had a pixie when I was 12 ._. I regretted that cut sooo much.

Longest is where I'm currently at; hip length :D and getting close to TBL! :D

Rebecka
July 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Shortest (if I don't count under 5 years old) is shoulder (and still all damaged, haha), longest... hmm, I think I was at midback at 10, and again at 13, and probably again in a couple of months :P

Mizumi
July 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
My shortest was not even ear length, it was.. well, during preschool :)
My longest is now, close to hip, before i started growing my longest EVER was shoulder.. I used to wear short hairstyles!

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 16th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Waist and shoulder, respectively.

marymonster
July 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Shortest was completely bald at 9
Longest was hip length when I was 7 or 8.
From 12 to now my hair has ranged from shoulder to bsl.

Leeloo
July 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I think it was tbl when I was little and I had it cut shoulder length

silvertongue
July 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Shortest - a bowl cut I rocked when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to have long hair back then!
Shortest of my own free will - a chin-length bob in middle school
Longest - now! a little past bellybutton.

SweetBronze
July 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Longest: Armpit length
Shortest: Rihanna's 2008 hair cut without the bob.

PJolie
July 18th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Shortest- a mini-Afro my hair was super curly while it was short
Longest- as is right now, It's close to hip if not :)

Delphi
July 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Shortest: One time I really really wanted bangs, and my mom refused to bring me to get bangs, so I cut it myself. It didn't turn out well. They had to cut all my hair off and I essentially looked like a boy for half a year.

Longest: Right now! :D It's almost at tail bone!

In other news, YES! 25 posts! Finally!

PJolie
July 18th, 2013, 06:49 PM
In other news, YES! 25 posts! Finally!

Ha! Congrats!! Someday I'll get there lol

Hyacinth
July 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
My shortest length was in college, a little longer than a pixie.
My longest length was in high school, about APL.

MaryRose
July 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM
My shortest was a pixie.

The longest was waist length with layers.

me_random
July 18th, 2013, 08:40 PM
hmm....
Shortest - ~1" or so.... (kept avoiding haircuts for ~8 months or so, so it would grow back out enough to be annoying, then parents would take me back and get it all off again),
longest - right now, approximately to the top of my hips :D (haven't measured officially)

mary*rose
July 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Well, everyone has short hair when they're born haha, but besides that I've always had long hair. The only time it was short was a few years ago when I cut it to my shoulder. Never again haha.

But right now it's the longest it's ever been - TBL :)

Callifornia
July 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Shortest - Shoulder length

Longest - Tailbone length, but I was in extremely high stress for a couple of years in my home/family. It almost all fell out. I had scalp showing everywhere and thin bedraggled ends. My hair truly looked absolutely terrible. So I decided to have fun, I dyed the ends, waited a week, then chopped it to the shoulder length with a bunch of layers. I loved it! It fluffed up and looked much thicker.

Current - Back to hip, and back to normal thickness :) yay! (Lol I am naturally thin haired anyway so loosing half of it was HORRIBLE) Going to wait until past tailbone and trim off a needed 2 inches. I am enjoying the journey.

majesticmoon
July 18th, 2013, 10:12 PM
shortest sl and longest waist length

Sharysa
July 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Longest: My current hair-length, 27 inches--pretty close to Waist-length.

Shortest: A bob.

FoxyGhost
July 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
First Post!:happydance:

Longest Length: Tailbone when fully stretched

Shortest Length: Other than young childhood, I don't think its ever been shorter than APL. My dad has always loved long hair and would not let us drastically cut it as children. When my sister chopped hers into a pixie at around 10 yrs old everyone was pretty upset and she never regained her perfect spirals so I never thought of short hair as an option.

Current: Just shy of Hip after a recent chop to get rid of some old damage

curlylena
July 18th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Shortest was a bob and longest was midback. It's currently a bit shorter than APL and I'm desperately trying to grow it out longer and joined this website for support :)

CaranDulin
July 18th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Few inches above shoulder when I was little because I hated brushing...

And the longest is how it is now, almost tailbone.

long&blonde
July 19th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Pixie at age 5: shortest. Butt crack length, at age 58: Now: Longest.

dancingrain91
July 22nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
The longest was approaching hip and the shortest was from elementary school when I insisted on getting it cut to above my ears.... Terrible look for me.

dulce
July 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mine,right now, is tieing for the longest it has ever been so from now on it's unchartered territory for me.The shortest in the past was a pixie.

jessokitty
July 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
The longest my hair has been is mid back and shortest was a pixie at age 3 when my brother (5 at the time) cut all my hair off to "help me get the tangles out" thankfully I don't have much memory of the event :P

sunshine-locks
July 22nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
My longest was when I was 10 and it was maybe a little past BSL (I had thin, tangly hair that was hard to manage/grow)
The shortest was in 2011 when I cut my bleached hair into a pixie cut that was longer in the front and spiky in the back!
It's currently just at APL although I'm doing a hair competition next weekend where it will be cut to chin length with a side shave and dyed different shades of copper and red :D

Silverbrumby
July 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Just a smig past BSL, about how long it is in my photo here. Short terminal.

H.e.L
July 22nd, 2013, 11:32 PM
Shortest-pixie. Longest-waist. Hoping to beat that this time(aiming for TBL, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...)

brunettelonglox
July 22nd, 2013, 11:59 PM
Longest: Past knee length when I was in college. Previously I had only one healthy trim, and that was when I was 13.

Shortest: Just above waist with some layers after a "chop" and a donation about three years ago

DramaQueen
July 23rd, 2013, 01:05 AM
xx..xx..xx..xx

jtl45
July 23rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Very short crew cut was shortest and longest is current length which is a out 2 inches past waist and all one length.
Jim

butterfly_dream
July 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
The shortest one was a pixie cut in 2006. My hair was 1 ½ - 2 inches long probably.
The longest is my current length, almost tailbone.

Vampyria
July 23rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Longest: waist or really close to it-2 years back (the ends were so thin that I only had a couple of strands at this length)
Shortest: when I was a kid just around 3" inches, or now a bit past shoulder-collarbone

an-anachronism
July 23rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
The longest I've ever had my hair is the length that it is at now, just under my bra strap(25 inches)! The shortest had to be in high school when I liked to have a very short almost pixie cut.

nobeltonya
July 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Shortest was pixie, from 4th grade until HS. Longest is now: about 1.5" past classic (~45.5"). On my way to fingertips! :D :disco:

massivecnqstdr
July 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Shortest: 1 inch
Longest: Collarbone length

IIRC my hair stopped growing at collarbone, but its been 10 years - who knows!! I am growing it out again now from pixie, but I'm only at like 3-5 inch. I've spent most of my life with bob-ish length hair.

kittenface
July 24th, 2013, 05:14 AM
The longest my hair's ever been was right in the middle of BSL and waist, shortest would be a pixie cut, I suppose.

saluqifreak
July 24th, 2013, 05:33 AM
My shortest (not counting the infant hair and initial growing out) was about nape length.

As for longest, I think my hair is the longest it's ever been right now - at waist.

DrachenBelladon
July 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM
The longest my hair has been is what it currently is now: 3 inches or so below BSL. The shortest would have to be when I was 7... hmm, I think it was a mushroom cut, haha. just an inch below my ears, though. I would like to grow to WL. Happy growing :)

battles
July 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Shortest: Pixie
Longest: MBL
Current: Back to APL..

cherryberrywhat
July 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
The longest my hair has ever been was about bra strap length as a young child and the shortest my hair has ever been was a buzz cut in high school. For the majority of my life I have kept my hair short up until recently.

glittergloss
July 25th, 2013, 12:48 AM
My longest- tailbone length
Shortest- past shoulder length

restless
July 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Apart from being bald as a baby, my shortest hair cut reached to my earlobes (back in the lovely 90s... :p) and my hair is currently at its longest as its reaching to my hips.

queenofheartz44
July 26th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Longest BSL or really close to, shortest Hallie Berry style pixie. I got angry at my hair and grabbed the scissors!

Skuld
July 26th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Shortest - About chin. But that was when I was very young, if I only count the times where I've decided the length, the shortest would be APL.
Longest - A bit past MBL.

carinkla
July 26th, 2013, 06:23 AM
shortest: boyish longest: about what I have now, fingertip

ladylovecraft
July 26th, 2013, 06:35 AM
The shortest it's ever been is a pixie.
The longest it's ever been is now - tailbone length.
I'd say my goal is classic length, but I am enjoying my hair at it's current length and plan to even out the ends before seriously working on progressing : )

Neecola
July 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Shortest: Pixie
Longest: BSL

Lolaaa
July 26th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wow you give me hope! Such a huge difference!

TheIronMaiden
July 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
My hair is now the longest it has ever been, at almost hip length (or somewhere between waist and hip, aiming for tailbone). The shortest it hasever been (except from when I was a baby) is at shoulder. My shortest layer back then was only about three inches.

Bronzepikzi
July 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Not including the baby years, shortest was the choppy chin length from last year, longest was classic when I was 9.

paper
July 29th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Shortest was a pixie my Mom used to make me get when I was little.

Longest was hip length when I was in the 6th grade.

amanda_the_tall
July 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Shortest: Chin length bob when I was around 10 or 11. It was AWFUL. I looked like a fat mushroom!
Longest: Probably where I am now, I'm at BSL when my hair is stretched. Maybe a smidge past it!

sparrowswing
July 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM
My hair is currently the longest it's ever been (FTL). It hasn't been above APL since I was about six, growing out a pixie from my brother's experiment with scissors when I was four. Before this particular journey of growth, I'd never let my hair get much longer than waist. I absolutely hate having waist-length hair, and aside from learning not to sit on it and figuring out how to brush it now that I can't directly reach some of my ends, it's gotten progressively easier to take care of as it grows. Or maybe I've just gotten more used to how it behaves now. I wouldn't know what to do with APL hair, lol.

kmoc123
July 29th, 2013, 06:19 PM
The longest is where it is now...44" and the shortest was a GI Jane cut. I had waist length before I cut it all off in that GI Jane cut. I hated it and cried. I was so COLD without my hair. So, I won't be doing that again.

BlueMuse
July 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Shortest for me was the boy cut I had for most of grade school and longest is my current near knee length. (Unless you count the whole "bald for 18 months" when I was a baby).

MunaZaldrizoti
July 29th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Longest was about BSL when I was 12, and shortest was a number four.

Freya9
July 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Shortest - at about age 7 I had the ever-popular at the time mushroom cut, and I of course looked like a boy. As an adult the shortest was chin length with shorter layers

Freya9
July 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Oops.. posted to early by mistake (newb).
Longest - would have been between waist and hip as a small child, and between the ages of 16- 23 (with one big chop in there somewhere)

arcane
July 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Shortest: (other than being bald until I was 2) was about an inch all over, except for two longer pieces in the front, I'd spike the back. It sounds like the Kate Gosslin but really it was different. That was ten years ago when I was 18.

Longest: As a child I had hip to BCL hair, though as an adult the longest has been waist, which I'm just back to now.

luster
July 29th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Shortest was around shoulder length and longest was to my butt. I have hobbit hair when it's shorter. Even at shoulder length i had Gordo-from-Lizzie-McGuire esque hair which was not too flattering.

AdaClare
July 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
My shortest was around hip length and longest was hovering just above classic. :)

cmdinoto
July 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
The shortest my hair has ever been was when I cut it inbetween my chin and my shoulder. It was absolutely horrible and I cried while she was cutting it. It was a terrible idea.
The longest my hair has ever been is what it is now...between waist and tailbone. I love it long and I am going to keep growing it.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576/cmdinoto/DSCN0065_zpsed37dfb1.jpg (http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/cmdinoto/media/DSCN0065_zpsed37dfb1.jpg.html)
This is the longest.

browneyedsusan
July 31st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Longest: now (Unless you count when I was 8. It was BSL then.)
Shortest: 1"

thatjengirl1
July 31st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Shortest was to my shoulders.. Longest was to my waist
:)

OUKess
July 31st, 2013, 11:32 PM
Wow Looks great!!!

Majormiles
July 31st, 2013, 11:43 PM
Longest, what it is now about apl length, shortest pixie, so about an inch all over!

Coolcombination
August 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM
My shortest was a couple of inches short of shoulder length, the longest is now at 26"

Killahkurlz
August 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
the shortest was when I cut off all my hair 2 and a half years ago. I had about 3-4 inches of hair. the longest is where it is now, grazing the top of my bra strap.

AliD
August 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
The shortest for me would have been around APL about 2 or 3 years ago and the longest would be about hip or longer (around 5 years ago)

kittykat86
August 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
My longest is my length now at 32.75 inches. My shortest was avery, very short pixie back in 2004. I did not really start growing out my hair until 2010.

norths
August 15th, 2013, 04:02 AM
the longest I normally have is around shoulder length and I alway get the urge to cut it back down to chin length bob. But right now with my longest length around APL-BSL i am seriously resisting the urge to cut.

clioariane
August 15th, 2013, 04:42 AM
The shortest probably an angled bob when I was 18 or so and the longest waist-length before I started dying my hair. (almost BSL now!)

PetuniaBlossom
August 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I've had pixies a few times. The longest it's ever been is right now, past waist, creeping towards tailbone, en route to terminal.
I liked my pixie cut a lot, the only problem is that when I got tired of it, it was.still.there.

hannabiss
August 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Well assuming you weren't referring to everyones infancy... My shortest hair was completely bald 4 weeks ago my longest was at 18 at tailbone.

blace
August 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Shortest: a pixie
Longest: BSL

MintChocChip
August 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
My longest was slightly longer than BSL. As for shortest, that would have been when I was a baby too! But, that aside, I've never had my hair cut into a pixie but I did once have my hair cut to my ear. It was not a good look for me.

TheFish
August 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hey,

My shortest was a pixie cut and the longest was waist length. I do miss those times but this is why I'm here right?
I can't deal with short hair for some reason, the longer the better for me.

Brittany
August 15th, 2013, 09:19 PM
The longest I've ever had my hair was when I was a sophomore in highschool---a little past BSL, but not waist---I guess it could've been classified as mid-back.

The shortest I had my hair was when I was a senior in highschool and I had basically a pixie cut, but with some side pieces that hung down to about collarbone length. The back was about a half inch long and I would use gel to spike it. The longer ends had black tips--very anime looking ^_^

Magalo
August 15th, 2013, 09:35 PM
When I was small (like 5 years old!) I remember I could sit down on my hair. So at least classic. But since I'm grown up, my hair is at its longest now: at waist. I remember getting a shoulder-length cut in late childhood (maybe 8-10 years old?) and crying while getting out from the hairdresser. Plus she gaves my sister and me the same cut. We BOTH cried actually. :lol:

SilknStarch
August 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Shortest was "Mia Farrow" pixie twice for about 10 years each time, the longest is now at just short of tailbone. I was usually 1 or the other short-short or growing to mid back and beyond. Lots of years of pony tails at all lengths possible.

hairconvictions
August 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Shortest: Pixie cut when I was 20. Longest: now, almost to tailbone :)

sofo
August 16th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Shortest, really short pixie. Last time I had that was 2,5 years ago. Longest I think is APL+ eleven years ago. I'm almost there again now. I never knew how to take care of my hair and hairdressers didnt know either so thats probably why I got sick of it and cut it. I also had trouble fitting into the long blonde hair girl role. Now I'm so old it doesnt bother me any more. But I was getting some attention I didnt want because of my apperance when I was 19 and long blonde hair didnt help with that.

twinklingbell
August 16th, 2013, 01:23 AM
The shortest my hair has ever been, not counting when I was a baby, was shoulder length hair that I had ages 3-7 when my hair just wouldn't grow!:confused:
The longest I've ever had is waist length, the length I have now. I've had this length before, but a bad shed which required a bad hair cut sent me back to APL! So to me, waist length is the scary length I gotta make sure my hair passes healthy and intact to prove to myself that my hair can indeed make it! LOL :o :pray:

BreeTheBoss
August 17th, 2013, 12:09 AM
shortest- chin length
longest- mid back/waist (where im at now)

sorry i dont have exact measurements, i cant find a ruler :shrug:

but i do have a small body frame (im 5'0) and im 15 so i guess is varies

OrangeLove
August 17th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Shortest - My haircut right before Kindergarten. I (thought I) told the stylist I wanted it straight, but they cut it very short. about 1-2 inches.

Longest - A couple inches below BSL

Hootenanny
August 17th, 2013, 09:53 AM
My shortest was a pixie, which I wanted to try at least once in my life. I enjoyed it, but in the end I couldn't handle the constant upkeep, and I don't think I would ever do it again. My longest was hip to BCL some years ago.

HollyG
August 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Shortest is just below my shoulder (don't think i could deal with it any shorter) and the longest is BSL (it's about that now) and i'm thinking of trying to get it to waist length depending how the waves continue to form (it's getting wavier with length)

Achlys
August 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
The shortest was a chin length bob three years ago. Before that my hair was the same length that it is now (a bit past waist), which is also the longest length. I had that length for a long time and my parents would always threaten me with cutting it, because I didn't comb it often enough. I guess they didn't understand what a pain it was to detangle.

ejking2
August 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
When I was in first grade (age 6), I think my hair was at tailbone or so. That's the longest it's ever been by body markers. The actual length of my hair is probably at its longest now (an inch from hip). In second grade (just turned 7), I had to get it chopped to an ear-length bob.

Cindershadow
August 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
My hair is the longest it's been, which is about 35" (tailbone), and the shortest it's been was a chin-length bob after donating my hair to Wigs For Kids.

Silver Sister
August 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
The longest was waist length when I was 12, and the shortest was a near pixie cut that followed. My Mother insisted that I was too old to have such long hair and took me for the cut. I was in terminal shock and cried for days.

Katrine
August 17th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Shortest was a pixie from BSL when I was about 5, and longest was TBL about 8 years ago.

nakima
August 17th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I want to say a gypsy cut in the 70s for the shortest and hip length later 70's and 80's now im almost back to hip, hopefully by the end of the year and then on to tbl if all goes well :)

floralgem
August 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Longest: TBL until 7th grade
Shortest: Just above shoulder in 7th grade
Now: Almost BSL

veryhairyfairy
August 18th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Shortest: A 1/2" pixie cut
Longest: I'm calling it now! I'm brushing hip, and I think I had hip length as a young teen. It might have been even longer, but I don't have any pictures, so now it is! *happy dance*