PDA

View Full Version : Hair got pulled but not ripped out. Should I be worried?

Stratoart2
September 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
A doctor wanted to look at my forehead and without warning pushed all my slightly damp curly hair up on top of my head and slightly pulled it. I treat my hair so gingerly so I am now terrified that he has done some sort of irreparable damage. If the hair doesn't get ripped out, does that mean you're safe from a slight hair pulling? Am I being obssessive and paranoid or should I be concerned about my hair having been pulled? Has my hair been permanently weakened? I think the former, but I can't really help it.

RavenBaby
September 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I would say there's no need to worry! but what he did was really rude without a warning. I'm sure it's fine unless he pulled it extremely hard, like wanting to hurt you hard.

Stratoart2
September 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm sure it wasn't intentional. It's just most men aren't used to other guys with long curly hair so maybe he subconsciouly wanted to express his masculinity by treating my hair harshly and pushing it aside aggressively. Don't know really. I was a bit taken aback.

IzzyFlyy
September 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I'm sure its fine :) my boyfriend likes to pull my hair(tmi I know :p). Its not a yanking but my hair is just fine :)

ladonna
September 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM
My son tugs on my hair because its like his security blanket. I'm trying to teach him to be gentle since the pulling can make my scalp sore, I haven't noticed any obvious damage even though this behavior has been going on for almost 2 years.

melusine963
September 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I don't think you have any reason to worry. If hair couldn't handle some gentle pulling, how would we ever brush or comb it? Your hair is probably a lot more resilient than you give it credit for.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
I don't think there's anything to worry about.

jeanniet
September 23rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
I'd say you're worrying about your hair too much. A "slight pull" isn't going to do a thing to your hair--even a pretty good yank probably wouldn't do any damage if your hair is in good shape. I doubt it had anything to do with his masculinity, either. If he needed to look at your forehead and your hair was in the way, it kind of makes sense that he'd need to move it.

ETA: Gah, this thread is ancient! Please don't dredge up old posts like this, especially when the OP is clearly not an active member.