PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Black hair dye??

GoldberryHair
September 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
So for the past months, I've reallly been wanting to dye my hair black, but after my bleaching fiasco, I'm not going to, but it's eating at me, so I thought I could use temp dye to get the look and perhaps get the bug outta my system, but I don't know what to use? I know there's some in spray cans, but I think that's hard and drying and runs really easily, and I don't want to use anything that will leave a stain or tint even after I am done.

Any suggestions?

akilina
September 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LP4R2W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p194_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1SYQ1CFVM6WD0HAESE87&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Just discovered "Adore" hair color yesterday. I am incredibly happy!! Its just like manic panic..but this brand actually has a ton of colors, and a good lot of semi-perm natural colors. I really do not have a use for it at all...but I think its a great idea.

I am not sure if it leaves a stain at all after. I am sure it completely rinses out over time.
I imagine that black might be slightly different from the other colors, that sometimes leave a tint forever but I really don't know..I have never used it. Its possible it would leave a greenish, or reddish tinge.

MegaMystery
September 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I'm afraid (even non-permanent) black will leave a stain, especially on bleached hair. Be careful with trying it :)
I don't have any experience though, so maybe someone who has actually tried it will better answer your question.

akilina
September 26th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Oops not really 100% sure if that was even what you wanted...
You could use fanciful??

It would be a pure pain in the butt though... Especially with your very long hair.

spidermom
September 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Strand test first!
My niece used one of those dyes that is supposed to wash out in 28 shampoos, black over ash blonde, and she had to grow it out. That color did not bulge, and she had never bleached her hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I would never trust a semi permanent black hair dye, wouldn't want to risk it on my hair...

fairhairedthing
September 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry, but nearly any and all black hair dye, even manic panic, will leave a stain, especially on lighter shaded hair. And it is almost always a lie when they say the black will wash out in so and so washes. Once you put the black dye on, you will end up having to either colorfix, or bleach it out eventually. I wouldn't flirt with the black magic if I were you!

GoldberryHair
September 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone! Yes I think I'd be too risky trying to do any kind of dye.

Maybe I'll pick up a long (not as long as mine of course lol they never have them!) black wig when I'm purusing the Halloween stores this year :)