PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Advice on Highlights

RavenBaby
September 26th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'm getting highlights done tonight by my hairdresser, is it okay that I haven't washed my hair since Sunday and I just did a basic conditioner then shampoo then conditioner wash with a lightweight conditioner and quite a harsh shampoo (i was testing it, Thought it would be gentle lol) I don't have any build up except those two conditions as my wash before that was a clarify only wash. do you think my hair is good for highlighting tonight or should I ruch to wash it now, she'll be here in about 3 hours though :L advice please? (shes bleaching my orange ends and my brown roots)

terylenerose
September 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Somebody with more knowledge on this subject will probably step in here, but here's what I have to say: it's probably better not to wash your hair just now because it'll be easier on your hair if it's got oil and such in it. Oiling your hair with coconut oil can also help to protect your hair from bleach damage, or so I've heard. I don't think there should be any problem with the bleach not penetrating or anything if you leave things as they are.
Good luck! :)

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
When I had mine done I didn't wash mine and I did leave oil in it.