PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for advice! :(

IvanaGil
September 26th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Hey everyone!
So, for the past 3 nights, once I lay down and try to sleep, my scalp starts to itch like crazy. It keeps me up for at least an hour because it's so itchy. It feels irritated now. During the day it's fine but for some reason at night it acts up. I don't think it's something in my pillows because my scalp is fine when I nap during the day. My routine has stayed the same except I've started working out.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Fantak
September 26th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Maybe it's a buildup of sweat?

How often do you wash your hair?

DinaAG
September 26th, 2012, 02:45 AM
tried vinegar rinse? also aloe vera gel will help

MaryMarx
September 26th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Are you under some sort of stress? That can lead to itches.
I am, and every night I go to bed my legs start to itch like hell. Sometimes also during the day, but mostly nighttime. I have actually woken up to find I've been scratching in my sleep.

Amber_Maiden
September 26th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Trying oiling your scalp a bit. Olive oil should work.

IvanaGil
September 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Maybe it's a buildup of sweat?

How often do you wash your hair?

I usually wash daily and right after a workout.

tried vinegar rinse? also aloe vera gel will help

Hmm, I'll give that a try. I used to do acv rinses with every wash and I didn't have this problem.

Are you under some sort of stress? That can lead to itches.
I am, and every night I go to bed my legs start to itch like hell. Sometimes also during the day, but mostly nighttime. I have actually woken up to find I've been scratching in my sleep.

Not really, but my legs used to do the same thing as well. Maybe I am more stressed than I realize.

Trying oiling your scalp a bit. Olive oil should work.

I just smothered my scalp in coconut oil. Hopefully this will work.
Thanks, ladies! :D

Also, I forgot to mention that there are massive amounts of dandruff too

rock007junkie
September 26th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mine has been like that lately as well and keeping it oiled has definitely helped a lot.

Madora
September 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Have you tried brushing it before you retire?

spidermom
September 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
What do you use to wash your hair? Maybe washing daily is drying out your scalp.

lapushka
September 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
What do you use to wash your hair? Maybe washing daily is drying out your scalp.

This. ^^ I would try to stretch washes.

IvanaGil
September 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM

This. ^^ I would try to stretch washes.

I use mane n' tail, but I've always washed either daily or every other day. I didn't think my scalp would act out til now :confused: I'm trying to stretch washes but it's quite hard now that I'm exercising. :cheese: