PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: buying clippers for DH

hairconvictions
September 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone,
my husband doesn't like going to the hair dresser all the time, but the clippers we buy just also seem to suck. They either die really quickly or stop being sharp, etc.
Now I know most of us don't shave our heads, but do you have any recommendations from what you've heard? What is a good brand/model?

akilina
September 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I despise Sallys with a beautiful passion.
However, you are "the public" so you are allowed to go in there...I am not sure if they will let you buy any of them though. Give it a try.

Also, try amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-8081-Detailer-Powerful/dp/B000H7O5M0/ref=sr_1_13?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1348613457&sr=1-13&keywords=wahl

Those are the trimmers I use, but they are really pretty pearl colored and metal though, not red.

I highly recommend THESE clippers. Whal Sterling 4's. These are the ones I use when I am working. Not working ATM. Still doing cuts at home though.
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Sterling-4-Clipper/dp/B000IY3XTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348613629&sr=8-1&keywords=wahl+sterling+4

Mine are black and silver. I really don't know if you care about the color but I love mine. They come in several colors if you shop around and look.

Do not be afraid of the price...Think of this. It is so much more worth it to buy NICE tools, then spend 4 times the cost of them buying crappy clippers from wal mart time and time again.

Just do yourself a favor and buy some nice professional tools. :)

And keep very good care of them. Always clean them very well, and ALWAYS oil the blades after the cut!!!! This is incredibly important in keeping your clippers nice and functioning!
Make them last. I suggest getting yourself a tint brush from a supply store (usually only costs a dollar) and use the tint brush to clean out the clippers. It is way more effective than the crumby little tool they give you. :] Hope you find what you are looking for!

Chromis
September 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
We use Wahl clippers and they last ages. Highly recommend. We have a big set and a little beard trimmer for the nape since it is harder to get it neat with the big guy. I finish off above his ears with scissors.

hairconvictions
September 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Oh wow! Thanks guys- that's exactly what I was looking for. NOT the Walmart stuff, but something that will last :)

lunalocks
September 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
We have a WAHL HOMEcut. Have had it for years. It has lots of attachments. Very happy with it.