PDA

View Full Version : Oiling freshly trimmed hair

ZenaZoo
September 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Ive been growing my hair out for about 2 years now after a really bad decision of "fancying a change after being the same for 19 years" I've ad a few layers put in in the past and slowly growing them out, I have never been to a hair dresser, usually my mum giving me a trim every few months while I was goIng through school.

My cousin started hairdressing at college and I was a guinea pig for a small cut. Anyways, It turned out t be a massacre. To say the least I ended up with a really horrible uneven messy mullet. I was not happy. I hated it, I was so angry I cut off all of my length and the whole of my hair to around 2" to even it up apart from a small section of fringe. I was distraught.

After all of this over a year I tried to style what I could of just wear a hat. I've been growing now for around 2 years
I have only 1 or 2 choppy layers at the moment but the shortest later (around apl) don't seem to grow, where as my longest is an inch or so over bsl.

I'm going to have a trim on my length maybe a cm or so just to neaten up the edges but not sure wether or not to micro trim my splits on my short layer Or leave them until I can level up with my bottom layer.

What would be best... Keep trimming my longest layer until my shortest layer catches up or trim all of it until its long enough for me to bare chopping my 4" difference to level out.:confused:

Also when do get a trim what is the best oil to use and how often?

Thanks in advance for any response and for reading through my waffle :)

=)

eros
September 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I was wondering this aswell. If you want to grow out layers, do you have to micro trim them (so they don't get dry/split) or should you just leave them alone completely?
welcome to the forum,btw! :) not that youre new,but its your first post. yay!

DinaAG
September 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
you need to take care of the shorter layers too try s&d if its not working go for a small trim as not to make the splits worse

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'm growing out my layers too. I've been oiling my layers letting them grow.

hermosamendoza
September 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
My top layers seem to grow out slower too. I think its because I try not to trim them. Going to have to look into this s&d tonight lol

AineMuirne
September 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'm growing off some layers, too. I actually JUST did my first self-trim and cut about 3/4 of an inch off of the bottom layer. I was wondering about this, too, but for now I've been settling for some MAJOR S&D and I'm going to trim off 3/4" a month until the layers catch up. I am tempted to just hack it back, but it'd put me back to hip and I'm so close to CL! :(

I use coconut oil for oiling. I have it in right now!