PDA

View Full Version : scalp shampoo vs hair shampoo

gonzobird
September 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I've seen a bunch of articles lately (not here, just random googling) about people using a "scalp" shampoo for their scalp, and a "hair" shampoo on their ends.

Makes sense. They are two totally different things.

Just wondering if anyone here does this?

I know I do, and its unintentional, kinda. I do it because my scalp is dry and my ends are not.

Just wondering if anyone buys a shampoo specifically for their scalp and hair.

furnival
September 25th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I have nothing to add, being a CO-er, but when I read the title I thought, "Air shampoo? Is that anything like air guitar?" ;)

gonzobird
September 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM
oops. air shampoo. lovely. :)

Carolyn
September 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I wondered what "air" shampoo was too :D I thought maybe it was that Psssst stuff we used to use back in the 70s.

MinderMutsig
September 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I think it makes more sense to CWC since the length usually doesn't need shampoo at all.
But I'm a CO girl so what do I know. :p

ETA: Just realized I do do this with my conditioners though. I use a very light one on my scalp and a much heavier one on the length.

melusine963
September 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I use shampoo only on my scalp and conditioner on the rest. Using two different shampoos as well as conditioner sounds like too much effort to me.

Madora
September 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM
My GM pink shampoo is used for both hair and scalp. Having a separate shampoo for one or the other seems like a waste of money. Besides, you also run the danger of one product not meshing well with the other.

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I don't know except for the shampoo experiment I'm doing its a scalp only according to the directions. The conditioner is the same instructions.

lapushka
September 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Having a separate shampoo for one or the other seems like a waste of money. Besides, you also run the danger of one product not meshing well with the other.

Totally agree! :)