PDA

View Full Version : Will a french comb work in my hair?

LotusFIre
September 25th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I really want to get one of the pretty combs from byrd designs, but I just want to know if I will be able to do a french twist in my hair with one. I was able to do them when my hair was shorter, but now it is past my bra strap by about 2 inches, and I'm not sure if it would hold.
Anyone used these combs or combs of a similar size?
The combs are a bit pricey and I hate returning online items, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

hermosamendoza
September 25th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Do you have layers? My hair never went into hair toys well with shorter layers

Madora
September 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Do you have anything else you could use to see if you can do the style with your current length?

If you have to struggle doing so, then it might be better to wait until your hair has grown longer.

Also, be sure that you understand the return policy (assuming that hair goods can be returned).

lunalocks
September 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
It is hard to know what will work without trying it first. I purchased a beautiful little fork IN PERSON and it worked when I tried it out. Now it won't hold.

If it is something you really love, you can always hold your hair in placd with pins (I use spin pins) and put the comb in for decoration.

MasCat
September 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Wow, those are really pretty :)

LotusFIre
September 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the advice. I decided to order a less expensive one on Amazon , and if it works, I would like to get the fairy comb from Byrds Designs. Though it makes me a bit ill to spend 50 dollars on a hair item! maybe it will be my Christmas present from me, I mean Santa :) :cheese: