PDA

View Full Version : treatments I did today

plainjanegirl
August 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM
So ok my hair has been feeling a bit gunky lately so earlier today I clarified by putting a little baking soda with my shampoo and then I aslo did an ACV rinse ( which I rinsed out after it set for a couple minutes) and I won't do the ACV again ( cause my hair still smells ugh). So then I let it dry while I made a mix of honey and water and let than set for an hour and then put in on my hair for an hour and then i shampooed and conditioned. I did the honey hoping to get some lightening to the length of my hair. Hopefully all this did some good....my hair is still wet so I can't tell anything yet. :confused:

Shanarana
August 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds like your doing good stuff, just maybe not doing it all in one sitting? Hope you get some good results. I spent most of the weekend with coconut oil in my hair, just washed with a poo bar, condish and used an AVC rinse.

Anje
August 10th, 2008, 05:36 PM
If you like the results of the ACV rinse, but not the smell, you might consider using white vinegar (which still smells like vinegar, but doesn't have the cider odor that a few people really hate) or dissolved citric acid crystals (very little odor, not vinegary at all). You also should be diluting the ACV at to 1/4 the total volume or less -- straight ACV would definitely be gag-inducing for me and can stink up your hair for a while.

Of course, you probably need to try it again with an otherwise normal routine so you can determine what treatment gave you what results.

plainjanegirl
August 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I did dilute the ACV. But even now several hours later I can still smell a hint of it in my hair. I guess I will wash tomorrow again and use alot of a good smelling conditioner and see if that helps.

angelmuzic
August 11th, 2008, 01:07 AM
:-) I love ACV rinses and found when I dilute it with water ..half and half, and rinse my hair before shampooing, the shampoo itself takes care of the annoying odor... plus I use a conditioner afterwards as well ......

Bene
August 11th, 2008, 01:18 AM
this is kind of random, but i did my very first ACV rinse on friday.... and i kind of like the smell :o

it was very mild, and for some reason, it kind of went with the hair goo i use to moisturize

Shanarana
August 11th, 2008, 02:37 AM
this is kind of random, but i did my very first ACV rinse on friday.... and i kind of like the smell :o

it was very mild, and for some reason, it kind of went with the hair goo i use to moisturize

I have to agree with you, the smells does not bother me at all either. I'm glad because I really enjoy doing those rinses.

Nat242
August 11th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I did dilute the ACV. But even now several hours later I can still smell a hint of it in my hair. I guess I will wash tomorrow again and use alot of a good smelling conditioner and see if that helps.

See how your hair is when it's dry. I find the smell only hangs around whilst my hair is wet.

happymommy
August 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I've never had the smell after it dries. I really like the way ACV smells. I'm odd, I know. But it reminds me of Easter as a little girl. The egg dying kits needed vinegar to work. I guess I just associate the smell with happy memories, lol :)

Islandgrrl
August 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I've tried diluting the ACV 1:10 and I still get the stink. Even though I like what it does for my hair, I just cannot bring myself to continue doing it. I've switched to lime juice.