View Full Version : Almost went to the dark side....

RileyJane
September 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I almost made a terrible mistake the other day! I was with my friend at the salon (she is always dying it or cutting it or what not) and she was doing her latest hair idea, when i almost did the unthinkable: I almost dyed my hair black ! It wouldn't have been too big of a stretch, since my hair is naturally black but summer has it a medium brown, but I pride myself in the fact that my hair is all natural, and it took forever to grow all that out ( not to mention a lot of willpower) ! This got me to thinking, has anyone else almost went to the "dark side" and fell back into a bad hair routine? Sometimes I think we get so caught up in our lives that something as simple as our hair goal could get side tracked, if not forgotten! :luke:

KAggs
September 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have to say that I've been feeling the same way. I didn't do it, but my will power has been wavering as of late. My goal is to grow out my hair so that it can all be one length, which includes my bangs! They're almost to chin, but I've been looking at past pictures of myself with bangs and just pictures of bangs in general. It's horribly tempting, but I have to keep my goal in mind! It's definitely tempting! lol Good for you though!

fairhairedthing
September 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
That was in incredible display of willpower. I've been facing a lot of situations in which I just want to bleach it all white and call it good, but then I have to tell myself - "you're already pretty, your hair is a nice blonde, you want it longer. Don't do it."
I hate that situation but I always feel strong and accomplished when I just say no! ;)

akilina
September 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I am stuck on the dark side. You know..we have cookies here on the dark side. That must be why I can't leave!
:( I have given in countless times over and over year after year!

That is definite will power right there to resist!

fairhairedthing
September 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I am stuck on the dark side. You know..we have cookies here on the dark side. That must be why I can't leave!

Oh shush you little enabler. :cheese:

SerinaDaith
September 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I am trying to do deep treatments when I feel the need to dye, that way I get good hair and no permanent set backs. Or I experiment with things like homemade sugaring for hair removal or brown sugar scrubs. Anything to keep myself on target for all of my current goals. In fact I found a home sugaring method/recipe that actually works after trial and error, if I had still been dying I never would have started home spa nights to give me the change I crave.

Angel Barchild
September 25th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I just made some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, there still hot. You sure you don't want to wander our way? :eyebrows:

I love hair color. I haven't seen my natural hair color in 15 (or more) years, don't know if I have gray, and never plan on finding out.:D

hellucy
September 25th, 2012, 06:51 AM
:wail: I had been Soooo good - I stopped chemical dyes in January, switched to henna - but last weekend I was fed up with my faded henna, fed up with red so went & on impulse bought and used a semi permenant in a dark brown (iced cocoa to be precise) & admittedly I now am feeling bad.... darn those cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

EndlessSunshine
September 25th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Every once in a while I will have the urge to cut it really short, like Emma Watson short. My identicle twin has really short hair so I know I would look cute. Luckily my twin is now trying to grow out her hair just to see what it would be like. So she is using castor oil and such too now. When I feel the urge to get higghtlights I just start using white vinegar rinses and eventually it brings out some natural highlights. Thats what I did this summer and it looks nice. Switching to ACV for the winter for redder hues.

Tota
September 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Every now and then I look at the mirror and think to myself: "My hair is so boring and dark." And then I have to try really hard not to bleach it. Thank god for two week rule!

spirals
September 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I'm wanting to chemically color my sparklies and also darken the sun-lightening. I'm ok with my natural med brown, but at the end of summer it loses depth. I don't really know how to explain what I mean. Light brown is pretty, but it's not me.

Kristen121
September 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I have a co-worker with a super cute chin-length cut and every time I work with her, I want to go home and book a salon appt to get a cute, short cut like hers. I told her that the other day and she said "Really? Every time I work with you I like to see how your hair is styled and I want to grow my hair long so I can do more styles with it." I guess the grass is always greener...

Mya
September 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM
You know what? No way!

The more time passes, the less I'd like to "do something" with my hair. It gets healthier and healthier, there's simply no comparison with the mess I had before. I used to find my hair color really boring, now I think "if I get healthy and good looking hair, why should it need to 'not look boring' anyway?".

I think that if you keep your hair healthy at least for a few months and teach yourself to appreciate the difference, you won't turn back.

ArienEllariel
September 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
:( I have given in countless times over and over year after year!

That is definite will power right there to resist!

It's true... and the cookies are yummy. My hair is dyed blonde right now and I'm quite happy with it. If only I liked my natural hair color better. Ashy light brown just isn't me.. I feel washed out in my natural color.

Unofficial_Rose
September 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM
It's true... and the cookies are yummy. My hair is dyed blonde right now and I'm quite happy with it. If only I liked my natural hair color better. Ashy light brown just isn't me.. I feel washed out in my natural color.

Heh, me neither. I had let my colour lighten so that it was back to said ashy light brown. On Saturday, only the fact that I may still have some henndigo left in the ends stopped me diving into a salon on the spot and asking for highlights (I just couldn't bear the idea of a haircut to get rid of any green bleached indigo bits.)

So nearly a trip to the dark (in my case light) side. But I still felt drab in the mousy brown so I henndigoed on Sunday. Much better!

ladonna
September 25th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I've dyed my hair for so long that I'm not sure what my natural hair color is exactly.

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I've been tempted to go to the dark side I've been half ways there. I went purple with clairol jazzing temp dye.

hermosamendoza
September 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Lol how the cookies tempt me but my hair won't hold hair color. Whether its black or blonde, box or salon, they all fade into the shade of my bathroom door. Just like my Sept 2012 pic lol

AnnaJamila
September 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Lol how the cookies tempt me but my hair won't hold hair color. Whether its black or blonde, box or salon, they all fade into the shade of my bathroom door. Just like my Sept 2012 pic lol

Mine is the same way. Dye never seems to effect it too much and just fades anyway. Even the bleach didn't seem to do anything besides turn it a rather off shade of orange, lol. Now I can't even see where it is.

But then I'm very dark brown, not ash so perhaps that has something to do with it?