PDA

View Full Version : I just trimmed my hair.

nena_shawty
September 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I just trimmed my half ana inch. So this lady I go to everytime she knows all about cutting hair she cuts hair good , but she knows diddly squat about being gentle with hair and caring for it (she has a pixie cut). When she would come to a knot she would just rip it out with the comb =S eeekk !! Im growing out henna and so I have some blonde roots so shes like what kind of shampoo do you use ? and Im like dove , and shes like you should use shampoo for blondes sinse your blonde .dadada ... I just was like mmhmm , oh really? . :shake:
I wouldnt go with her except she only cuts what I ask her dispite what she doesnt know about hair and I want to start cutting my own hair but I havnt gotten brave enough.

hermosamendoza
September 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I just recently started doing Feye's method (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=feye%27s+method&oq=feye%27s+method&gs_l=hp.3..0l2j0i30j0i8i10i30.225.2322.0.2863.13.1 1.0.1.1.1.280.1864.0j9j2.11.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.K aaEsXE5CmA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5988fe0ce707769a&biw=1680&bih=928) again because I'm tired of going to the salon and paying $20 for a trim! yes a trim costs that much! 35 if they where to wash and dry it. And since I'm family of one of the stylists I never get my appts on time even when i booked weeks in advanced. Sigh, just a "perk" I guess.

Feye's trim seems scary but really takes off minimum. I'll update in a minutes with pics of my before and after of feye's trim
Using the U trim (mind you I have some layers so it looks way more u than I actually cut
http://imageshack.us/a/img100/81/sept12.jpg

and my sept2012 pic was before

nena_shawty
September 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Here in Mexico the most I pay for a trim is 5 dollars, nice huh?

hermosamendoza
September 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM
It was my first time trimming my own hair in 2 years so it's not perfect but it will be one day lol. It's really only the bottom 2 inches that where "cut" and I only took 1/4" to 1/2" max

hermosamendoza
September 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Here in Mexico the most I pay for a trim is 5 dollars, nice huh?

everything's cheaper in mexico except eggs haha

Ephemeral
September 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM
It was my first time trimming my own hair in 2 years so it's not perfect but it will be one day lol. It's really only the bottom 2 inches that where "cut" and I only took 1/4" to 1/2" max

You did a great job!! :D

nena_shawty
September 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
everything's cheaper in mexico except eggs haha

You got that right eggs are very very expensive right now that and clothes .

nena_shawty
September 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002675857408
here is a pic of my trimmed hair. I hope you can see it .

AcornMystic
September 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Not to stray further off-topic, but why are eggs so expensive down there? Here eggs are a poor man's steak in that they are a very good source of protein and contain all sorts of good nutrients packed into one little oval ball. I grew up eating a LOT of eggs for this reason as weren't the richest family.

To be more on topic though. My last salon visit was back in September of 2011. It has crossed my mind to go to the salon again, but I know it's for the pure adventure of stepping into a place that revolves around what I love so much, hair. The hair related goodies they have in there are nice too, hats/scarves and the like. The reason I went to the salon though was to remove the last of my dye and it required some fairly heavy layering. I ended up with a pixie, which is what was needed to get rid of all the dye and maintain as much length as I could, but the hair was all mine. The girl was terribly rough, and with the higher up layers too. I'm still growing out that treatment, however she accomplished what I wanted, needed to be done by a professional as I had not the skills to do so myself, and I had no reason to go back. I recommend, unless you need something like that done, become as independent as you can about your haircare, especially cutting. A bad hair cut can really set you back and mess you up. I use feye's method. Easy peasy and no diddling around. Only takes a few minutes. I'm saddened by your unpleasant experience though, gentleness is not something they teach in beauty school it seems...