PDA

View Full Version : Growth has slowed way down

Faux
September 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I just reached mid back, which was actually my goal (but now its waist!), however, my growth rate has really slowed down. :(

I'm used to getting .5"-.75" a month and I've only gotten 1" in the past three months. I'm sure I've measured correctly because I'm measuring the root grow out. I have my hair professionally dyed usually around every two months, though its been three this time because there's been so little growth. My hair is otherwise in excellent condition. I do S+C twice a week and flat iron, but my hair is really healthy. I use salon grade products and CHI styling tools. I take a multivitamin, extra vitamin D and Omega-3 salmon oil.

I know I don't eat right and I'm under a huge amount of stress. I'm moving in a couple of months and I have a lot of family issues as well as health problems. I take several medications, but haven't changed most of them for years. I did switch from the muscle relaxer Flexeril to Soma, which I do not want to stop taking because it has really helped with the pain (I have Scoliosis, Arthritis and Neuropathy).

I'm sad because I'm only 4" from waist and I thought I could be there in a few months. I know I'm not reaching terminal because I had tailbone length before with no taper. I don't like to wear my hair up for more than two days in a row because it gives me a headache. I do an occasional braid, but I really like how it looks down. I've recently discovered argan oil and I love it. Any suggestions?

gonzobird
September 24th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Ahhhh.... You just might be at a stall right now. I'm sure it will grow. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a stall. Don't worry about it. Try and eat well, do what you can for your hair and when it is ready it will reward you. Patience is the key here.:)

blaketob
September 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Stress may be the issue too. I'm sure it'll grow :)

dulce
September 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Poor nutrition can affect growth,slowing it down and sometimes even causing hair loss.

Faux
September 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
No hair loss thankfully! I'd be really upset if that happened. My hair is in excellent condition, at least. I think you guys are right though... Just a stall. I hope it doesn't last too much longer!

catamonica
September 26th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I use horse shampoo from wall mart. My hair didn't grow for years, since high school. 2010 It grew from midback to waist. I had a two year stall. November 2011, I stared wearing it up. It grew to hip. I only wear a low braided bun. It's comfortable. You could try that. My hair grows
slow to. I hope this helps. I hope the mane & tail horse shampoo helps your hair.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mine has hit a stall right now but I think it's about over with. I got rid of layers and thickened up the hem line. It's at the top of bra strap was at the bottom.

melusine963
September 23rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Let's hope the OP resolved this issues, since it happened a whole *year* ago.