PDA

View Full Version : Is this okay for hair?

joflakes
September 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I bought a fresh face mask from Lush but I'm not gonna use it all on my face so I thought of using it on my hair. Here are the ingredients:

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, *Limonene, Perfume

Is it okay to use?

gonzobird
September 24th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't.
Sounds way too drying to me.

fairhairedthing
September 24th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't.
Sounds way too drying to me.

I second that. Not something I would put on my hair.

Mya
September 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Mud and talc... sound drying to me. The mud they put in face masks should be that mud that clears grease off your skin.

lapushka
September 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
If there's a high concentration of rhassoul mud in there, it will be very drying for the hair. OTOH, there's a high amount of glycerine in it also, so that might counteract the dryness.

I wouldn't let it go near my hair.

RileyJane
September 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Sounds like you would have to do a serious hydrating treatment right after, so I would prob opt not.

joflakes
September 25th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Thank you everyone! I'll save it for my face. I did read somewhere that the rhassoul mud was good for hair...I might have imagined it though! :laugh:

cooklaezo13
September 25th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Rhassoul mud can be used instead of shampoo to wash hair. It works well for some people with oily and sensitive scalps. For others it is too drying.