PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Curly hair woes.

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sometimes I love my curls, and other times I can't stand them. They won't do anything I tell them to right now. My hair looks so pretty and defined while it's wet, and then it dries up into a shrunken mass of big frizz!:steam

I'm so tempted to straighten my hair into submission, but I know that won't help me achieve my goals for the length and health of my hair. Can anyone help?

rock007junkie
September 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Moisture!!! Make sure that you are applying products that are moisturizing to keep frizz at bay. What are you using now?

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I'm using a Whole Foods brand sulphate-free shampoo followed by Pantene Pro-V conditioner. Then I use the Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and a little of Garnier Fructis Morrocan Sleek oil treatment to make my hair easier to finger-comb through.

CurlyCurves
September 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Do you air dry with no manipulation?

jeanniet
September 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
You might want to look into CO, or at least start limiting the amount of shampoo you use (dilute it heavily and only use a tiny amount) and increasing the amount of conditioner. It can take a little while for your scalp and hair to adjust, but I now use way more conditioner than I did previously, plus leave in, and my hair is much happier.

I highly recommend SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk as a leave in. My hair loves this stuff! If they ever stop making it, I'm in trouble. They have it at Target as well as at Walgreens.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/shea-moisture-organic-curl-%26-style-hair-milk/ID=prod6057763-product

biogirl87
September 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'd agree with the moisture advice given above. It wasn't until I really started using conditioner from ears down and a bit on the scalp (even though I was using moisturizing shampoo before-Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship was old fave) that my hair really started becoming less frizzy/staticky. You could look into using comb on your hair if you don't already.

ladonna
September 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I put about a 1/2 tsp of conditioner mixed with a few drops of oil in my hair as a leave in, after my hair dries and if it still frizzy or poofier than I like then I put a few drops of oil in and gently run throughout my hair. I use dove conditioner and garnier Moroccan sleek oil. The best thing I've added to my routine is dove shampoo for damaged hair, my hair is not damaged at all, but it's so much softer and manageable.

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the advice, guys. :) I'll definitely focus on moisturizing my hair more.