PDA

View Full Version : scrub your scalp?

DinaAG
September 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
anyone tried scrubbing their scalp to remove build ups?? Dr Oz is recommending that here and i was wondering if anyone got experience in that?
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/revolutionary-ways-repair-your-hair

gthlvrmx
September 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM
mmm i really dont think the oil acts as a humectant as it says in the article..:confused: makes no sense to me, ive never heard of oils attracting moisture, if anything it prevents oil from leaving or entering as much. they dont really bring in more moisture, just trap more moisture in the hair. if it did act like a humectant, my hair would be super poofy from oiling.

OhioLisa
September 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
A lot of us here do brown sugar scalp scrubs. They work really well for me, personally, as my skin and scalp are oily. Whenever my scalp gets itchies or overly oily feeling, I do a sugar scrub. It's pretty awesome.

imaroo
September 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM
What is the correct way to do a brown sugar scrub? I tried it once and just ended up with a wad of scratchy goo tangling my hair at the crown. Any tips?

melusine963
September 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
What is the correct way to do a brown sugar scrub? I tried it once and just ended up with a wad of scratchy goo tangling my hair at the crown. Any tips?

I've never tried this myself, but I've heard that people mix the brown sugar in with some conditioner and use that at a scrub. Rinsing it off with warm water is supposed to dissolve the sugar and wash it away, so you shouldn't end up with anything sticky left in your hair.

starlamelissa
September 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
i use my brush to scratch my scalp a bit before a shower. feels nice.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
I'd it on afew times when I first joined.