PDA

View Full Version : New milestone, or should I be concerned?

kallarina
September 24th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Being this is the only place I can safely post something like this and not get tons of awkward replies or have people think I'm totally insane... I got my hair caught in my underwear today. I was so surprised that it happened that I started laughing. Then I realized, if anyone IRL knew, I would get the "that's so gross" response. So I posted it here instead. ;)
I've decided that this is a milestone I hadn't considered before it happened. A milestone that I didn't know was a milestone! Exciting that my hair has achieved a length that this is possible, but I'm now a bit concerned at the fact that there are probably a million more hair dangers I haven't even considered, and won't until they happen.
Oh well, I suppose that's part of the fun of growing?

Anyway, just had to share. Have a great day, everyone!

sparrowswing
September 24th, 2012, 12:26 AM
For most of my life, that was the, "I must cut my hair immediately!" length. That was before I knew how to braid or bun or do anything but a simple ponytail, when I still brushed my hair like it was a punishment and let it get caught in anything and everything (got it caught in a revolving door at a fancy hotel once).

Now that I know how to take care of it, I actually enjoy reaching new milestones like this. Maybe not while they're happening - I sat on my hair the other day! - but afterward there's always this burst of excitement that most people just wouldn't understand.

So congratulations!

Mesmerise
September 24th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Congrats! It's always awesome reaching new milestones ;). I can't wait to have some of those mishaps too :D.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Haha, well done! You're so right, people IRL wouldn't understand. That's an excellent milestone!

Anabell
September 24th, 2012, 03:25 AM
well, from now you will need to put your hair over the shoulders when you wear a pants :P
congratulations and happy growing :)

teal
September 24th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Hehe, funny! :) I'm not too far away from that milestone myself!

jacqueline101
September 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I can't wait until I'm there.

lapushka
September 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Congrats. Quite the surprise. :D

Dovetail
September 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hehe I can just imagine! I'm kind of excited since that means you're at my current goal! Congrats. I agree other people might think it was icky though ^-^ but I know we're all excited for you!

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
How exciting! I can't wait until I hit a new, unexpected milestone.

Macaroni
September 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
That's adorable, of course we all understand. Just wait until you catch it between the seat cover and the tank of the commode :).

Tota
September 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm jealous, I want this to happen to me, too! Sigh ... not for at least a year.

Congrats! ;)

spidermom
September 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Oh yes; passed that milestone myself. Then there's the "I tied my hair into my shoelaces" milestone, passed that one, too.

TiffanieJean
September 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
That's kind of awesome =) lol

lapushka
September 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Then there's the "I tied my hair into my shoelaces" milestone, passed that one, too.

LOL! :lol: Auch. :o

Vrindi
September 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Woo! Congrats!

I reached into my chalk bag when climbing last week and grabbed a handful of hair. It's long enough to dip into my chalk bag when I look up at the wall. No wonder the ends have been getting so dry....

Vanille_
September 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I finally passed the milestone where I have to pull my hair forward to brush the ends. I simply can't wait till I get to your milestone! So exciting :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Oh yes; passed that milestone myself. Then there's the "I tied my hair into my shoelaces" milestone, passed that one, too.

Ouchy! That would not be good!

Cheele
September 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Haha that's awesomely silly. Congrats on your milestone!

I can't wait til I can say my hair got caught in my underwear :p

Oksana
September 25th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I finally passed the milestone where I have to pull my hair forward to brush the ends. I simply can't wait till I get to your milestone! So exciting :)

I can't wait for that :D I remember when I got to the point when I had to pull the length in front to braid and thought it was getting long.