PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Motivated?

Natalia
September 23rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
This probably belongs in site support so move if you must but i figured it would get more traffic here. Anyway all the talk about the albums issue (which btw i obviously dont post pics much since i didnt even notice till last week lol) has lit a fire under my but. I am on here so much and dont feel like i contribute enough so i decided to get active on the features i enjoy the most.

Two of my favorites since im not a big fan of the seach function (eliminates too many of the small words so i get to many results) are the articles and product review sections. Which i must say are very underutilized! I try to contribute to the review section as i try things but im primarily wo so that doesnt happen much. And im no guru so i dont have anything to contribute to articles but i bet some of you who read this do.

For instance i was browsing the archive and found great styles that i had never seen before that would get much more traffic if added to the style section *cough* spirit bun *cough*. So instead of stashing them into my favorites file im calling out to all you wonderful LHCers to hep me fill up these features so the info can be easily accessed by everyone :D.

Thanks,
Natalia

Dovetail
September 24th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Oh. I like the idea. I've seen some lovely styles which deserve to be preserved.
And I know a few people are doing tutorials (such as ultrabella when she has the time and who is so lovely and wonderful to even offer) and I think those would be completely at place in the articles section.

I have used a few new to me products, and I never even thought to review them. Maybe I'll do that while my car is in the shop tomorrow. I think these features do get overlooked maybe because they aren't as integrated to the actual forum traffic like blogs are, but I do see some of the articles referenced often enough that I know people go there :p

I'm excited to see if others will be excited too!

Natalia
September 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Oh. I like the idea. I've seen some lovely styles which deserve to be preserved.
And I know a few people are doing tutorials (such as ultrabella when she has the time and who is so lovely and wonderful to even offer) and I think those would be completely at place in the articles section.

I have used a few new to me products, and I never even thought to review them. Maybe I'll do that while my car is in the shop tomorrow. I think these features do get overlooked maybe because they aren't as integrated to the actual forum traffic like blogs are, but I do see some of the articles referenced often enough that I know people go there :p

I'm excited to see if others will be excited too!

Thank you and i agree so many wonderful videos that people dont know about because they get hidden in the boards! For example i just rediscovered the orchid wrap tonight.

Sounds like a great idea and if you dont see them listed its so easy to add one i just did it the other day for hairsticks :). So funny you mention blogs i think that is probably the feature i use the least lol but hey to each their own. I hope we can gather some excitment too!

Natalia
September 25th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Anyone add any contributions yet?

Natalia
September 25th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Just added a review or double pointed knitting needles as u-pin's i know im not the only one to use them so chip in everbody!

akilina
September 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Just added a review or double pointed knitting needles as u-pin's i know im not the only one to use them so chip in everbody!
Lol...one day I got an idiotic idea that I was going to turn one of my knitting needles into a hair fork! I grabbed it up really quick and bent it...to realize that was foolish because the one end is capped off /facepalm. I might just cut it off though where it is bent...and cut the other one, and try to find some way to make or buy toppers :)

Natalia
September 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Lol...one day I got an idiotic idea that I was going to turn one of my knitting needles into a hair fork! I grabbed it up really quick and bent it...to realize that was foolish because the one end is capped off /facepalm. I might just cut it off though where it is bent...and cut the other one, and try to find some way to make or buy toppers :)

Well not idiotic just not thought through :p. You could actually make a cute moon shape out of one of those if you were patient enough. There is an article on here about turning knitting needles into sticks with toppers very easy to do - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=232 - there ya go :D

akilina
September 25th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Well not idiotic just not thought through :p. You could actually make a cute moon shape out of one of those if you were patient enough. There is an article on here about turning knitting needles into sticks with toppers very easy to do - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=232 - there ya go :D
Yessss!! That is exactly the link I wanted :D
I will be going to the craft store soon in search :) My sticks are green..so this could end up being very pretty!
Also..they are the perfect thickness for my hair. Not too skinny, not too wide.
Hopefully I will fall in love with them. I am not as fond of hair sticks as I am forks once I switched to using those.

Edit...looked at the link! Super happy...I already have those metal pins to use to actually create it! Woot. Now All I need are some beads and super glue :) I might use my glue gun though..its all I have.

Natalia
September 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Yessss!! That is exactly the link I wanted :D
I will be going to the craft store soon in search :) My sticks are green..so this could end up being very pretty!
Also..they are the perfect thickness for my hair. Not too skinny, not too wide.
Hopefully I will fall in love with them. I am not as fond of hair sticks as I am forks once I switched to using those.

Edit...looked at the link! Super happy...I already have those metal pins to use to actually create it! Woot. Now All I need are some beads and super glue :) I might use my glue gun though..its all I have.

Yay im glad :). I have been wanting to try that since i saw the article but what can i say im a u-pin girl. I am starting to get into sticks more now that im at classic and i can do more with it, my hair is so thin and tapered that what some people can do at waist i am only able to start doing now.

Happy crafting! Oh you might not want to wear them in water though unless you seal them well who wants a stick that drips all day lol.

Natalia
September 26th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Perfect example of a bun that should be added to the articles section - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2t0IMASesI - gotta have mor updo's for the classic and beyond folk :)

Natalia
September 30th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Im going to keep bumping anyone going to accept my challange :eyebrows: ?