PDA

View Full Version : A little bad, a little good.

hairconvictions
September 23rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I posted a little while ago about how my hair has not gotten even 1/4 inch longer since I moved to this city (in Northern Canada). It's very frustrating because I'm doing everything right. That being said, I keep measuring my hair because it feels like there is so much MORE of it and I couldn't figure out why. Today I had the bright idea to measure my ponytail thickness just for kicks and giggles and it's DOUBLED since May. From 1.5 inches to over 4 inches :)

Still can't figure out how to make it longer.
Could this be terminal?? :'(

Shepherdess
September 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
I think that your hair is just going through new growth since it has thickened so much! I am sure it will start looking longer when the new growth catches up to the rest of the length! :)

spidermom
September 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Statistically it could be at terminal length, but in practical terms, most people don't have a terminal length that short. Are you wearing it up to protect the ends?

hairconvictions
September 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Statistically it could be at terminal length, but in practical terms, most people don't have a terminal length that short. Are you wearing it up to protect the ends?

I have started wearing it up every day this month. But before that, when we moved here it was tangling like CRAZY and breaking all the time when I would try to brush it, so I'm wondering if trying to put up during that time set me back in length? It seems better now that I started using silicones again to combat the water changes...

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Its growing that's why its thicker after that growth phase it will get longer. Its not terminal its just preparing for the length to grow. Mine done it.

Madora
September 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
How long have you been growing it? I don't think terminal could be determined unless you waited at least 10 years and had no cutting (except for very minute trims) during that time frame.

hairconvictions
September 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
How long have you been growing it? I don't think terminal could be determined unless you waited at least 10 years and had no cutting (except for very minute trims) during that time frame.

I've been growing it for 3 years. During which time I have not trimmed, S/D'd or removed hair in any way.

That's an interesting time frame: 10 years. I suppose if cycles are 7 years then I shouldn't get worried?